Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Paying a Talent Fee

Default Re: Paying a Talent Fee

Quote Originally Posted by MisterCajun View Post
    Should UL impose a "talent fee" on all ticket sales (both season and game day) in order to pay athletes to come to UL, will this affect anyones attitude towards attending UL sporting events? If you have been a season ticket holder for a long time for a particular sport, would this fee make you not want to renew your season tickets or cut back on the number of season tickets you normally purchase? Personally, I am a long time holder of men's basketball and softball season tickets and I will definitely not renew my tickets should a fee be imposed. I will not be mandated into paying for athletes to play collegiate sports.
    We are not considering this whatsoever. RCAF personnel confirmed this in private conversations At QB Club today.

2. Default Re: Paying a Talent Fee

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Then we gotta start at least doing $2 a ticket. Hell, still let kids get in free. We just need SOMETHING additional to add to the athletic budget pot. I’m not even talking about NIL. We need regular funds support.
    I never understood free.

Lots of ideas on almost free or making it feel like free, but never totally free.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I never understood free.

Lots of ideas on almost free or making it feel like free, but never totally free.
    People attend VB games because it's free. Add any cost and that convenience and their attendance goes away.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    People attend VB games because it's free. Add any cost and that convenience and their attendance goes away.
    You're telling me that if a $2 per person fee was added, and it was communicated and posted at the guy that such fee was to solely support the volleyball program on road trips, uniforms, etc., that attendance would significantly drop?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    You're telling me that if a $2 per person fee was added, and it was communicated and posted at the guy that such fee was to solely support the volleyball program on road trips, uniforms, etc., that attendance would significantly drop?
    Yes

I went to games before it was free and after.

What I'm trying to say is don't take away the great atmosphere that they have now for pocket change

6. Default Re: Paying a Talent Fee

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    I don't believe that the value is perceived as zero.

There is a price point where your, statememt is true but $2 a game season tickets, aint it.

Quote Originally Posted by Balanced_view View Post
    Not one of you guys are wrong, but the question has to be asked, why can others do it?

The ones we call peers, not the big P4 money schools. They can show up on weekdays, they can show up when winning or below average, when weather is not perfect, they can pay for price increase, parking etc, they can schedule home games vs P4. Fans or/and Admin, its the same here, we cant figure it out, but others can. My question is why are we so different but think we are on the same level or deserve more/better?
    These challenging times are not unique to Ragin Cajun athletics. It is what is creating the big divide between the haves and have nots across NCAA athletics.

Besides maybe App State (who has a very unique situation), can you name some of our "peers" who are not facing the same challenges as us?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information