Match 10 | Louisiana vs. UTRGV | September 15 | 1 PM | Gator Cove

After three road matches the Louisiana Soccer returns home on Sunday with the first of three straight at the Home Bank Soccer and Track Complex.

The Ragin' Cajuns open the homestand with UTRGV in their final non-conference tune-up.

Louisiana is happy to return home after playing each of their last three on the road. The team split a pair of draws with Rice and Lamar around their only defeat on the season at LSU.

"We're so excited to be back home." said defender Aila Swinton. "We love seeing our fans and the kids that show up so it'll be nice to be on our turf again. It was nice to get out of our routine on the road trip. You need to get challenged throughout the season, and the trip did that."

The team opened the year on fire with a 4-1-4 record. They went unbeaten for the first seven games of the season, matching the longest streak overall in program history. The Cajuns look to get a win and build momentum heading into Sun Belt Conference play next week.

"I'm proud of the way we've constantly been getting points," said Swinton. "I think our heads are in a good space right now. We are focused on working on ourselves and every practice is super intentional. This is the best start to a season I've ever been a part of."

Last week challenged the Cajuns on the pitch for the first time. The team fell behind for the first time against LSU, eventually falling for the first time, and on Thursday Lamar was the first school to score first against what has been a stingy Cajun defense.

"We haven't been challenged like that and it was nice to be challenged," said Swinton. "We went into halftime and said 'Whatever is in the past is in the past, forget about the first half.' We came out in the second half, put our heads down, and went to work. In the end we got rewarded."