Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2025 baseball schedule

1. Default Re: 2025 baseball schedule

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    This is a really nice pre-conference weekend slate.

Only thing that would make it better is if one of the 3 home series was on the road…relative to RPI.

But we need the home games, and these 3 should pack The Tigue for sure. Well done
    Do we need to even put as much of a focus on OOC RPI like we used to? Sunbelt is a top 4 league now. Play at your house as much as you can

Default Re: 2025 baseball schedule

Quote Originally Posted by jerrybaldwin69 View Post
    Do we need to even put as much of a focus on OOC RPI like we used to? Sunbelt is a top 4 league now. Play at your house as much as you can
    I still think OOC scheduling is important. Especially if we have a very good season and want to qualify as a regional host when we go up against SEC, ACC and BIG XII teams. Those teams will be coming out if the number 1, 2, & 3 RPI leagues. We need as many tough RPI OOC games as possible. This is one of the best OOC home schedules UL has had in recent memory! Great job by Babb!

3. Default Re: 2025 baseball schedule

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    I still think OOC scheduling is important. Especially if we have a very good season and want to qualify as a regional host when we go up against SEC, ACC and BIG XII teams. Those teams will be coming out if the number 1, 2, & 3 RPI leagues. We need as many tough RPI OOC games as possible. This is one of the best OOC home schedules UL has had in recent memory! Great job by Babb!
    I agree with scheduling good opponents. I'm saying we don't have to go on the road as much for OOC like we used to have to for RPI

4. Default Re: 2025 baseball schedule

. Sunbelt is a top 4 league now
    Which makes Louisiana attractive to travel to.

. see Nebraska.

If the conference doesn't help you can accomplish the same thing by establishing a record of playing tough teams away from home.

This applies to all sports.

Play tough opponents and they will come.

I agree with scheduling good opponents. I'm saying we don't have to go on the road as much for OOC like we used to have to for RPI
    Road wins are better for the rpi than home wins. Home losses are worse than road losses in the rpi formula.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Road wins are better for the rpi than home wins. Home losses are worse than road losses in the rpi formula.
    Yep. That was my point.

7. Default Re: 2025 baseball schedule

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    This is a really nice pre-conference weekend slate.

Only thing that would make it better is if one of the 3 home series was on the road…relative to RPI.

But we need the home games, and these 3 should pack The Tigue for sure. Well done
    . . . is that really a point or just how the RPI rules work . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . is that really a point or just how the RPI rules work . . .
    You get more credit for road wins. And penalized worse for home losses.

So that was my point in saying it would only be better if another of those series was on the road.

If I remember correctly, two road wins is more impactful than three home wins.

Home win .7 loss 1.3
    Road win 1.3 loss .7

11. Default Re: 2025 baseball schedule

play to win the game . . .

12. Default Re: 2025 baseball schedule

Anyone have info on the fall roster and fall games?

Yes

Good schedule.... Yes - one more road instead of home OOC series would help RPI (assuming same number of wins).

I'm surprised we don't play Coastal. I thought they had it set up where Cajuns would play them every year, along with another top program on that side... I think it was Troy. I guess they got rid of that when the new teams joined the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Yes
    Listen, there are two sides of the coin. Coach Deggs and Bab promised good out of conference schedules at home. They are delivering on that promise because many people are paying for premium cost of seating. I want and expect good home schedules outside of weeknight games. He's delivered 3 straight NCAA appearances so I believe they can manage the rest of the season. Also, these schedules from year to year may not always be as good based upon the previous season's records, but this is a good schedule at home and that's why I'm willing to pay for my seats in the grandstand.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information