Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PAC 12

1. UL Football PAC 12

Here we go again…things are about to get interesting

Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Re: PAC 12

It will just be MWC plus 2 PAC.

This season is more important than ever to get the SBC champ into the CFP.

3. Default Re: PAC 12

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    It will just be MWC plus 2 PAC.

This season is more important than ever to get the SBC champ into the CFP.
    Sunbelt should be safe for now, but things will be getting interesting to see if they go after more MWC teams (UNLV, Nevada) or AAC (Memphis, Tulane) and who MWC/AAC goes after…

4. Default Re: PAC 12

'Poison pill' buyouts don't work when programs get serious.

At the end of the day, this is about the PAC12 name holding onto their NCAA distribution units. As time passes and reality settles in, the units will fade away and so will the relevancy. MWC, although well managed, can’t pull off the coast to coast footprint. The WAC, CUSA and Big Sky is realistically where they’ll get new members.

I’d bet overtures were already made to G5 programs to no avail, and teams like NDSU and SDSU are on their radar because they need to get to 8.

6. Default Re: PAC 12

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    At the end of the day, this is about the PAC12 name holding onto their NCAA distribution units. As time passes and reality settles in, the units will fade away and so will the relevancy. MWC, although well managed, can’t pull off the coast to coast footprint. The WAC, CUSA and Big Sky is realistically where they’ll get new members.

I’d bet overtures were already made to G5 programs to no avail, and teams like NDSU and SDSU are on their radar because they need to get to 8.
    But if they want that guaranteed playoff spot I dont think they go to FCS call ups. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    But if they want that guaranteed playoff spot I dont think they go to FCS call ups. JMO
    That guaranteed playoff spot will fade away, at best, be like the G-5 spot. One lowly rank slot.

Given the greed the P4 has, in a decade or so they’ll join “the rest of y’all” crowd.

In fact, P4 is commonly used now. Don’t think the PAC will waltz right back in that fraternity.

8. Default Re: PAC 12

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    Sunbelt should be safe for now, but things will be getting interesting to see if they go after more MWC teams (UNLV, Nevada) or AAC (Memphis, Tulane) and who MWC/AAC goes after…
    I think TXST has a legit shot at an invite to be honest. I gotta believe Tulane and Memphis are gonna hold out until FSU/Clemson leave the ACC.

9. Default Re: PAC 12

No way UNLV is not included at some point. I'm guessing their dream scenario would be to lure Memphis and Tulane as part of an eastern division.

Oregon State
    Washington State
    Boise State
    UNLV
    Fresno State
    San Diego State

Colorado State
    Air Force
    UTSA
    Rice
    Tulane
    Memphis

something like that

You'd think new PAC 12 will get to eight members by inviting Air Force, then either UNLV or Nevada. After that its hard to say. Can imagine MWC inviting UTEP, maybe even TX St as a travel partner. Idaho could move back up to D-1 in the MWC. The MWC & PAC can probably soldier on as a 8 member conferences until they figure out a plan getting to at least 10 members. The MWC was founded in the 90's with 8 members and rolled like that for many years.

11. Default Re: PAC 12

Best solution is to take two of Nevada, Wyoming and UNLV and call it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Yep that works, too. These days, there's no financial incentive to let a conference just die off. They'll figure it out.

The problem is you know damn well the new PAC 12 will always get that 5th spot now for the automatic Top 5 Conference champions. They had it at 6 auto conference champs, PAC dissolves, they change it to 5, PAC rebuilds to get that 5th spot now. Leaving G5 conferences out of the CFP going forward. I am beginning to think it was all a ploy and PAC was in on it. You know damn well they won't change it back to 6 highest ranked conference champs like the original plan was.

14. Default Re: PAC 12

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    I would be shocked if Wyoming is included.

If I were the PAC, I would make an all out play for an eastern division that somehow includes Texas schools, Memphis and Tulane. If they stay out west, they will never be top non-P4 league.

15. Default Re: PAC 12

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    I think TXST has a legit shot at an invite to be honest. I gotta believe Tulane and Memphis are gonna hold out until FSU/Clemson leave the ACC.
    Why Texas State? What have they done? They are 2-0 and have expectations of a good year, but they are R2. They've done nothing remarkable to be considered. UTSA with the San Antonio market would be more attractive. I would think UL has a better chance as an R1 school. Then again, would they take Tulane and UL? Would UL even consider joining a west coast conference although it would be a Power conference and likely our only shot at ever being in a Power conference.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information