Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: PAC 12/Mountain West

Default Re: PAC 12

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Are we actively doing anything behind the scenes? Like…making any attempt to showcase Louisiana athletics?
    We certainly should be. UL will be showcased nationally with our next two games vs. Tulane and Wake Forest. We need to win those and showcase our new stadium and all of our athletic facilities which are among the best at the G5 level.

Stepping back, most of these teams moving around will not automatically make them more desirable. For example, Cal is still Cal, whether in the PAC or ACC; they theoretically have/had access to the playoffs either way. The PAC has already started losing their P5 connection. The ones that left the PAC early, they know what is coming, that's why they jumped so fast. Unless there is an invite to the P4/2, it's simple ego stroking. Besides, once the ACC gets FSU, Clemson, Miami, NC and NC State plucked, what is left? Power conference homecoming specials.

Moving around in the G5/6 is just consolidating for the next Yahtzee moment. There are very few "friends" when that goes down. Would I love to see UL in the Big 12? YES! Is it ever happening. NO. But I am sure happier in the SBC instead of the grab bag CUSA is or being stuck with a FCS prayer and a hope call up league. Be careful what one wishes for.

Name:  Cows_2.jpg
Views: 391
Size:  363.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    We certainly should be. UL will be showcased nationally with our next two games vs. Tulane and Wake Forest. We need to win those and showcase our new stadium and all of our athletic facilities which are among the best at the G5 level.
    I agree…the next two weeks are huge for our future.

5. Default Re: PAC 12

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    Nice.

I don't know which "other side of the fence" has greener grass, but some of those conferences definitely have a higher hill to climb.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    Best post of the year IMO. And it all smells the same.

Just wanted to give an update after getting the latest info from people that normally have good info about such things.

Memphis and Tulane are all but gone. The PAC wants 2 more with them. The next 2 will be from either UNLV/UTSA/USF.

Air Force is about to jump to the AAC. This is all political. The government wants all 3 academies in the same conference.

The P4 AD's are trying to throw their weight around in demanding that the non-P4 leagues stop pulling up FCS schools. Very possible as a result of this round of realignment, one of CUSA/MWC will absorb the other.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Just wanted to give an update after getting the latest info from people that normally have good info about such things.

Memphis and Tulane are all but gone. The PAC wants 2 more with them. The next 2 will be from either UNLV/UTSA/USF.

Air Force is about to jump to the AAC. This is all political. The government wants all 3 academies in the same conference.

The P4 AD's are trying to throw their weight around in demanding that the non-P4 leagues stop pulling up FCS schools. Very possible as a result of this round of realignment, one of CUSA/MWC will absorb the other.
    Why do P4 ADs oppose FCS callups for non-P4 conferences?

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    Why do P4 ADs oppose FCS callups for non-P4 conferences?
    They want to stop dividing the pie as much as they can. They want 1 less seat at the table for votes as well.

I follow this stuff very closely except I don’t have any inside information. With that said, this sounds extremely accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Stepping back, most of these teams moving around will not automatically make them more desirable. For example, Cal is still Cal, whether in the PAC or ACC; they theoretically have/had access to the playoffs either way. The PAC has already started losing their P5 connection. The ones that left the PAC early, they know what is coming, that's why they jumped so fast. Unless there is an invite to the P4/2, it's simple ego stroking. Besides, once the ACC gets FSU, Clemson, Miami, NC and NC State plucked, what is left? Power conference homecoming specials.

Moving around in the G5/6 is just consolidating for the next Yahtzee moment. There are very few "friends" when that goes down. Would I love to see UL in the Big 12? YES! Is it ever happening. NO. But I am sure happier in the SBC instead of the grab bag CUSA is or being stuck with a FCS prayer and a hope call up league. Be careful what one wishes for.
    I pretty much agree with this. The only P-X conference that EVER made any sense at all for us was the Big XII. And that ship has pretty much sailed.

Are there things that could happen to cause the Big XII ship to sail into the port for us? Certainly. The ACC could crumble and Cincy, UCF and WVU could see that as a better spot for them. Kansas and Iowa State could go to the Big 10.

Neither of those things is likely to happen; and the prospect of either happening should not alter what we actually DO. I am beyond certain that the Big XII is aware of our interest, and equally certain that the same things that we MUST do to just survive at our current level are EXACTLY the same things that we must do to become more attractive to the Big XII.

12. Default Re: PAC 12

If fans won’t support Louisiana as a Sunbelt school, why would anyone continue to talk about becoming a P-x school: One never walks if they are not even allowed to crawl.

Fix the NIL shortfall at Louisiana so it can compete for a conference championship in every sport, especially Football and Basketball.

And finally, those who believe we can continue to compete at a high level in diamond sports without any NIL support are in for a very rude awakening.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    I pretty much agree with this. The only P-X conference that EVER made any sense at all for us was the Big XII. And that ship has pretty much sailed.

Are there things that could happen to cause the Big XII ship to sail into the port for us? Certainly. The ACC could crumble and Cincy, UCF and WVU could see that as a better spot for them. Kansas and Iowa State could go to the Big 10.

Neither of those things is likely to happen; and the prospect of either happening should not alter what we actually DO. I am beyond certain that the Big XII is aware of our interest, and equally certain that the same things that we MUST do to just survive at our current level are EXACTLY the same things that we must do to become more attractive to the Big XII.
    Once the stadium is done, we will have better facilities than many P4 schools including many in the Big12.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    If fans won’t support Louisiana as a Sunbelt school, why would anyone continue to talk about becoming a P-x school: One never walks if they are not even allowed to crawl.

Fix the NIL shortfall at Louisiana so it can compete for a conference championship in every sport, especially Football and Basketball.

And finally, those who believe we can continue to compete at a high level in diamond sports without any NIL support are in for a very rude awakening.
    Everyone around here really missed your rays of sunshine, Vic!

As much as I disagree with what is happening, this I’m 100% for. Quit dragging the G5/6 down.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread Information