Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: PAC 12/Mountain West

Default Re: PAC 12

If the PAC is smart, and I think they are, they must be pulling out all of the stops right now to lure Rice/Memphis/Tulane/USF away from the AAC.

No other schools offer them anywhere close to what these 4 do. It would also kneecap the AAC, vaulting the PAC as the clear best of the rest conference.

If they can make the numbers work, this will happen. The SBC would have the pick of the AAC remnants. I think bringing in UTSA and ECU would work just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    If the PAC is smart, and I think they are, they must be pulling out all of the stops right now to lure Rice/Memphis/Tulane/USF away from the AAC.

No other schools offer them anywhere close to what these 4 do. It would also kneecap the AAC, vaulting the PAC as the clear best of the rest conference.

If they can make the numbers work, this will happen. The SBC would have the pick of the AAC remnants. I think bringing in UTSA and ECU would work just fine.
    UTSA/ECU are not leaving behind the trove of cash left by potential departing schools from the AAC, and there's the dilemma. If four leave the AAC, the AAC is in a better position to try and lure the East BFF Bloc of App/JMU/ODU/Marshall.

I really don't think we are attractive to them, and no amount of pushing will change that.
    They aren’t attractive to me without Tulane and Memphis

Either way, none of them will be in the next classification with P5 programs. They will still be on the same level as the AAC, SBC and CUSA conferences.

Yeah, think NIL has been an issue for some fans across the nation? Chances of this happening here…never say never.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...-with-players/

https://howlraiser.com/2024/09/17/re...ege-athletics/

Are we actively doing anything behind the scenes? Like…making any attempt to showcase Louisiana athletics?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Are we actively doing anything behind the scenes? Like…making any attempt to showcase Louisiana athletics?
    I would say if it's a football only conference, I would think there would be some interest. But once again don't get caught up in all this stuff about Tulane or anyone else as the gospel at this time. At this point, anyone can inquire into the openings in the new PAC-12 regurgitation. The Media contract will be better only because of the Brand, but they will not be part of the New Reclassification of the best P5 programs when the separate and create another classification.

There is no way anyone with a budget under $50M will want to eat the travel cost associated with spring sports from a Southern or Eastern Footprint. IMO

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I would say if it's a football only conference, I would think there would be some interest. But once again don't get caught up in all this stuff about Tulane or anyone else as the gospel at this time. At this point, anyone can inquire into the openings in the new PAC-12 regurgitation. The Media contract will be better only because of the Brand, but they will not be part of the New Reclassification of the best P5 programs when the separate and create another classification.

There is no way anyone with a budget under $50M will want to eat the travel cost associated with spring sports from a Southern or Eastern Footprint. IMO
    I totally get that and I agree. What the PAC12 is going for is that G5 spot annually in the CFP. We are also seeing a lot of smoke about TXST as a potential addition and it makes no sense to me. Louisiana should at least be making moves or working the phones.

(I get that the PAC wants in on the state of Texas too)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    To do what with who?? Nobody even has a real clue what moves are going to be made. I'm not sure there will be anything left (that is realistic) that is going to be better than our current situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    To do what with who?? Nobody even has a real clue what moves are going to be made. I'm not sure there will be anything left (that is realistic) that is going to be better than our current situation.
    I’m afraid the new PAC12, albeit still a G5, is the last train out the station. Someone needs to remind them that Louisiana is without question the best G5 athletic program, top to bottom, within the State of Texas and Louisiana. That’s all.

. . . There is no way anyone with a budget under $50M will want to eat the travel cost associated with spring sports from a Southern or Eastern Footprint. IMO
    Maybe. Where do we belong?

Athletic budgets in millions:https://ope.ed.gov/athletics/#/institution/search

64 - Memphis
    52 - Rice
    50 - North Texas
    47 - Tulsa
    45 - UTSA
    43 - Texas State
    43 - Tulane
    43 - UAB
    39 - Louisiana

29 - Troy
    28 - South Alabama
    28 - Louisiana Tech
    28 - Southern Miss
    24 - Arkansas State
    22 - Sam Houston State
    22 - Jacksonville State
    19 - ULM

Seems clear to me what group of schools we should want to end up with.

12. Default Re: PAC 12

What is Louisiana's built in "budget boost" by becoming a member of the PAC12 or ACC respectivly?

Maybe. Where do we belong?

Athletic budgets in millions:https://ope.ed.gov/athletics/#/institution/search

64 - Memphis
    52 - Rice
    50 - North Texas
    47 - Tulsa
    45 - UTSA
    43 - Texas State
    43 - Tulane
    43 - UAB
    39 - Louisiana

29 - Troy
    28 - South Alabama
    28 - Louisiana Tech
    28 - Southern Miss
    24 - Arkansas State
    22 - Sam Houston State
    22 - Jacksonville State
    19 - ULM

Seems clear to me what group of schools we should want to end up with.
    Sure, and eventually in the current climate and near future once there is a reclassification of the best in the P5 that's exactly where we will probably be at this time. I have no problem inquiring about membership, but clearly the travel cost is prohibitive, and we have no actual knowledge as to which programs are in serious consideration and which are simply putting out feelers.

Memphis is interesting because maybe they could be still playing their cards that the ACC may lose several more members. And the ACC is still considered a P5 Conference by current standards. The new Pac 12 will not be long term.

14. Default Re: PAC 12

Like I posted earlier, until the Ragin Cajun community buys into NIL and the absolute need to have a competitive robust program equal to or better then our conference piers, winning our conference will be a forgone conclusion. Getting into another conference and competing there is even a further forgone conclusion.

Sure, and eventually in the current climate and near future once there is a reclassification of the best in the P5 that's exactly where we will probably be at this time. I have no problem inquiring about membership, but clearly the travel cost is prohibitive, and we have no actual knowledge as to which programs are in serious consideration and which are simply putting out feelers.

Memphis is interesting because maybe they could be still playing their cards that the ACC may lose several more members. And the ACC is still considered a P5 Conference by current standards. The new Pac 12 will not be long term.
    I agree.

However, I think we should have as our primary directive to be in the highest rated non-P4 group in our region. We have earned that status.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread Information