Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12

Thread: PAC 12/Mountain West

Default Re: PAC 12/Mountain West

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    You don't need to be in the same conference to be a "rival". Choosing to invite Tech to elevate their program to a bigger conference blows my mind. No. And it's always NO.
    Well, would you not be elevating anyone from a lower conference whether it was CUSA or FCS? To me this is a false argument. No program is leaving the AAC to join the SBC because their media contract is worth $5M more a year. So, the SBC is probably asking ESPN if they added 3 new members would the pay us additional money. I don't think they will be open to it at this time, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

At this point I'm leaning WKU because they have a better football program and mbb program. They are in CUSA just like the other two options.JMO

2. Default Re: PAC 12/Mountain West

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    You don't need to be in the same conference to be a "rival".
    No sure why some don't grasp this fact.

"You don't need to be in the same conference to be a rival"

3. Default Re: PAC 12/Mountain West

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    No sure why some don't grasp this fact.

"You don't need to be in the same conference to be a rival"

just think a little and you will have it . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Well, would you not be elevating anyone from a lower conference whether it was CUSA or FCS? To me this is a false argument. No program is leaving the AAC to join the SBC because their media contract is worth $5M more a year. So, the SBC is probably asking ESPN if they added 3 new members would the pay us additional money. I don't think they will be open to it at this time, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

At this point I'm leaning WKU because they have a better football program and mbb program. They are in CUSA just like the other two options.JMO
    I believe you're right. If we lose Texas State, WKU is the next man up.

Something is very fishy about all of this. It makes absolutely no sense on either side that UNLV has not already accepted an invite to the PAC. It also makes no sense for Air Force to re-commit to a depleted MWC.

I shared the link earlier that the play here is that UNLV and Air Force are hanging around specifically to force the PAC schools to cough up 143 million dollars in buyouts. Then, they would turn around and join the AAC leaving the rest of the MWC to twist in the wind. If I were Texas State, I would think real hard about accepting that invite.

No FCS. Quit diluting the G 5 or 6 or 9….

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    I believe you're right. If we lose Texas State, WKU is the next man up.

Something is very fishy about all of this. It makes absolutely no sense on either side that UNLV has not already accepted an invite to the PAC. It also makes no sense for Air Force to re-commit to a depleted MWC.

I shared the link earlier that the play here is that UNLV and Air Force are hanging around specifically to force the PAC schools to cough up 143 million dollars in buyouts. Then, they would turn around and join the AAC leaving the rest of the MWC to twist in the wind. If I were Texas State, I would think real hard about accepting that invite.
    Alluded to the issue, OSU and WSU controls all votes the league has. Basically, yes they vote, but their votes must be the same.

ESPN's Pete Thamel reporting MWC extending invitation to UTEP and UTEP is interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckster View Post
    ESPN's Pete Thamel reporting MWC extending invitation to UTEP and UTEP is interested.
    Is utep in Cusa now?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post

Didn't say anything about elevating anyone else but Tech. My comment was strictly about them. Let them rot.

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    Is utep in Cusa now?
    Yes. MWC is a good move for them IMO. Texas State not so much …

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12

Thread Information