Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: PAC 12/Mountain West

Default Re: PAC 12

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    If the best of the SBC East gets gobbled up by a depleted ACC, that means that they have also gobbled up the best of the AAC East.

At that point the AAC West schools will dominate the conversation and cherry pick what is left of the SBC. We would end up in a Texas based league with schools like UTSA, Texas State, Rice, North Texas, Tulsa, Arkansas State, Louisiana Tech, Southern Miss etc .etc.

Sounds good to me.
    Blows my mind how any Cajuns fan would want to be in the same conference as Tech

Default Re: PAC 12/Mountain West

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    All this nonsense and neither the PAC or MWC will have enough all sports members to be conference. Just combine already and get this over with.
    I know. Let the pac absorb the entire mwc. Call it the pac whatever and be done with it. MWC with the addition of Oregon state and Washington state would be a good g5 conference.

Maybe. Where do we belong?

Athletic budgets in millions:https://ope.ed.gov/athletics/#/institution/search

64 - Memphis
    52 - Rice
    50 - North Texas
    47 - Tulsa
    45 - UTSA
    43 - Texas State
    43 - Tulane
    43 - UAB
    39 - Louisiana

29 - Troy
    28 - South Alabama
    28 - Louisiana Tech
    28 - Southern Miss
    24 - Arkansas State
    22 - Sam Houston State
    22 - Jacksonville State
    19 - ULM

Seems clear to me what group of schools we should want to end up with.
    What would be ideal for UL would be a
    Renewed SWC (I believe Rice has rights to the name).

UL
    Tulane
    USM
    Memphis
    Tulsa
    N. Texas
    Ark State
    La Tech
    UAB
    Rice
    Texas State
    UTSA

Added La Tech because hated rivalries can be a good thing. They are already in conference pergatory to amend for their sins.

Just looking at it from a geographical and rivalry standpoint. Would be great realignment for UL, IMO.

Some people don’t understand that real heated rivalries are a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post

UL
    Tulane
    USM
    Memphis
    Tulsa
    N. Texas
    Ark State
    La Tech
    UAB
    Rice
    Texas State
    UTSA

Added La Tech because hated rivalries can be a good thing. They are already in conference pergatory to amend for their sins.

Just looking at it from a geographical and rivalry standpoint. Would be great realignment for UL, IMO.
    I do like the competition with the SBC East schools, but this looks attractive.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Blows my mind how any Cajuns fan would want to be in the same conference as Tech
    Right? Let em rot.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post

UL
    Tulane
    USM
    Memphis
    Tulsa
    N. Texas
    Ark State
    La Tech
    UAB
    Rice
    Texas State
    UTSA

Houston, I have been hoping for decades for us to be a part of something like this. Whether it is in a division of a larger conference or a stand alone conference, we need to be conference members with the highest possible level of G5 schools centered around Texas.

If we can't be in the Big-12, we HAVE TO be in the regional conference just below them.

BTW, if you look at the divisions of G5 schools in our region based upon budgets, 7 of the nine schools in the higher group are in the AAC. The other two are us and Texas State.

64 - Memphis
    52 - Rice
    50 - North Texas
    47 - Tulsa
    45 - UTSA
    43 - Texas State
    43 - Tulane
    43 - UAB
    39 - Louisiana

29 - Troy
    28 - South Alabama
    28 - Louisiana Tech
    28 - Southern Miss
    24 - Arkansas State
    22 - Sam Houston State
    22 - Jacksonville State
    19 - ULM

If we ever turn down an invite to the AAC, that is when I will be done with this university for good.

With UNLV rejecting the PAC 12, maybe the simplest thing for the PAC12 to do is invite a Mountain time zone school like UTEP. Football used to draw great but has fallen off the map for past 10 years. Still good basketball program. And of course get Gonzaga then call it a day.

Agree, we can contract a series of Home and Home games without being their conference mates. IMO that will be more profitable instead of a random MAC school on the schedule. Having said that, IMO a long term Home and Home series with Tulane is higher priority than ltech.

BTW, if you look at the divisions of G5 schools in our region based upon budgets, 7 of the nine schools in the higher group are in the AAC. The other two are us and Texas State.

64 - Memphis
    52 - Rice
    50 - North Texas
    47 - Tulsa
    45 - UTSA
    43 - Texas State
    43 - Tulane
    43 - UAB
    39 - Louisiana

29 - Troy
    28 - South Alabama
    28 - Louisiana Tech
    28 - Southern Miss
    24 - Arkansas State
    22 - Sam Houston State
    22 - Jacksonville State
    19 - ULM

If we ever turn down an invite to the AAC, that is when I will be done with this university for good.
    Athletic budgets are a bit smoke and mirrors. For example, Rice has a 52 million dollar budget, but a large part of that goes to paying Rice tuition for all of their student athletes.

I can’t see Rice’s books, but I would bet my left testicle that we’re spending more on athletics than they are.

Budgets aren’t always the best way to measure who is really investing in their athletic programs.

12. Default Re: PAC 12

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    Athletic budgets are a bit smoke and mirrors. For example, Rice has a 52 million dollar budget, but a large part of that goes to paying Rice tuition for all of their student athletes.

I can’t see Rice’s books, but I would bet my left testicle that we’re spending more on athletics than they are.

Budgets aren’t always the best way to measure who is really investing in their athletic programs.
    Agreed. *

* Not with your betting of body parts but your overall point.

Mr. Jay Walker if you’re out there (or anyone that has it). Please post the link to your SBC board post regarding many of the bridges Tech has burned with multiple SBC members. Thank you in advance.

It’s not just on the field of competition. It’s not just hate, it’s business. Never forget.

It’s Turbine’s board, but a permanent sticky of Jay’s SBC post should be somewhere on RP.

14. Default Re: PAC 12

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Mr. Jay Walker if you’re out there (or anyone that has it). Please post the link to your SBC board post regarding many of the bridges Tech has burned with multiple SBC members. Thank you in advance.

It’s not just on the field of competition. Never forget.
    I don’t think there are any bridges to Ruston . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    I do like the competition with the SBC East schools, but this looks attractive.
    It will never happen because it makes too much sense!

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread Information