Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7

Thread: Tulane Game

1. Default Re: Tulane Game

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSID View Post
    .Presidents/ADs at non-P4’s have to weigh the pros/cons of it and this is what they decided is more valuable (profitable).
    They are horrifically wrong.

Default Re: Tulane Game

Moving to 11am and turning it into the family day game has wiped out any chance of what this awesome in-state rivalry was going to be. Couple a terrible game start time with the insane prices of everything before you even get to CF, I'm predicting we see a 40% drop in attendance and a betting line which opens with Tulane -2.5.

A two liter bottle of Pepsi, Dr.Pepper, etc. ONE two liter bottle cost $9.00 at one of our classic Lafayette pizza joints very close to CF.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Attachment 20344

Take the ESPN contract and burn the Damn thing.

There is no point to paying for Tailgating with this contract.
    WELL THIS SUCKS. HOPE THE PLAYERS AND FANS DONT SEE 90+ heat. Run is gonna blind them

I will be there, but I don't think my kids will. My oldest has to watch film for his HS football team Saturday mornings and eat lunch w/ the team. My youngest has flag football Saturdays. Uhhh They were both really looking forward to a late afternoon or night game.
    It is what it is. Can't please everyone, but man this would have been a legit night game!!!
    Guess I will cancel my hotel room also because I will drive in and drive out.

5. Default Re: Tulane Game

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    Still gonna be at the game. Never quite understood why some people insist on having to say a shiz sandwich tastes good though. Anyone with common sense knows any “national exposure” from this game being on ESPNU is nothing compared to what we will lose in attendance and tailgating. It’s okay to admit something sucks.
    In case you haven't noticed our attendance has been in a tail spin for years now, even when we were winning 10+ games per year. This whole thing about inconvenient time slots doesn't explain that either.

6. Default Re: Tulane Game

Did you not read the first sentence of my post?
    Yes but I'm commenting on the sheer amount of _____ing about what's not in our control only having people think we can control it.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    In case you haven't noticed our attendance has been in a tail spin for years now, even when we were winning 10+ games per year. This whole thing about inconvenient time slots doesn't explain that either.
    That is a complete lie. Our attendance steadily climbed in the Napier years. The narrative that the community didn’t respond to the on field success of his tenure is an embarrassing narrative pushed by lazy people to cover up for their failures. People simply didn’t show up in the numbers that some people would have expected of Top 25 teams. Biggest contributing factors to this were atrocious game day operations (everyone I’ve spoken to who no longer attends our games doesnt do so for that reason) and undesirable game times and weekdays. Our highest average attendance since 2015 or 2016 actually came in 2021 (Napier’s last year and most successful season). That attendance would have been even higher if we had cleaned up our operations and not had 3 midweek games and an 11 AM Homecoming. We had 6 games to display to Acadiana the height of our program. People were only able to get the full experience of the Louisiana football party twice. That absolutely kneecapped any fanbase gains we could have made. But boy didn’t we cash in on that public exposure the next year right. 7,000 strong at the Troy game. Fanbase stronger than ever.

8. Default Re: Tulane Game

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    I will be there, but I don't think my kids will. My oldest has to watch film for his HS football team Saturday mornings and eat lunch w/ the team. My youngest has flag football Saturdays. Uhhh They were both really looking forward to a late afternoon or night game.
    It is what it is. Can't please everyone, but man this would have been a legit night game!!!
    Guess I will cancel my hotel room also because I will drive in and drive out.
    Hmmm. Better put a stopwatch on that teams practice times

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSID View Post
    When school fan bases are going to complain about massive crowd impact for any game that’s not between the hours of 4-7 pm or when it’s anything but 72 degrees and sunny, presidents and ADs are going to go for every media dollar they can get.
    Shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Yes but I'm commenting on the sheer amount of _____ing about what's not in our control only having people think we can control it.
    I'm free to _____ about anything.

That is a complete lie. Our attendance steadily climbed in the Napier years. The narrative that the community didn’t respond to the on field success of his tenure is an embarrassing narrative pushed by lazy people to cover up for their failures. People simply didn’t show up in the numbers that some people would have expected of Top 25 teams. Biggest contributing factors to this were atrocious game day operations (everyone I’ve spoken to who no longer attends our games doesnt do so for that reason) and undesirable game times and weekdays. Our highest average attendance since 2015 or 2016 actually came in 2021 (Napier’s last year and most successful season). That attendance would have been even higher if we had cleaned up our operations and not had 3 midweek games and an 11 AM Homecoming. We had 6 games to display to Acadiana the height of our program. People were only able to get the full experience of the Louisiana football party twice. That absolutely kneecapped any fanbase gains we could have made. But boy didn’t we cash in on that public exposure the next year right. 7,000 strong at the Troy game. Fanbase stronger than ever.
    Yep, this right here.

Based on the comments, it is apparent most people on here haven't negotiated big time contracts in the past. This isn't negotiating buying a car and demanding they throw in the luxury package for free.

The SunBelt, and G5 conferences in general, are in no position to demand anything from ESPN, at the moment, and/or for the foreseeable future. You want to get one veto per team, per year . cool, ESPN will drop the contract offer by 25%, minimum. How does that affect our athletic budget and the budget of every other G5?

Ask CUSA, what trying to flex their muscle with ESPN got them, the vaunted CBS sports channel, but hey I am sure they are selling out all of their 7 p.m. games, right ?

I hate weekday games, but MACaction has turned into a good brand for them and has definitely helped their profile. Has it made the league better or attendance better, I don't know, but I guarantee you no one knew or cared about the MAC before that, outside of their fans.

I am not saying don't be ____ed, but at least be realistic in what can be won in the negotiating battle with the behemoth that is ESPN.

13. Default Re: Tulane Game

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Shut up.
    Grow up

14. Default Re: Tulane Game

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    I'm free to _____ about anything.
    You sure are. And can have an opinion too. As can everyone else.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7

Thread Information