Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 . LastLast

Thread: Tulane Game

Default Re: Tulane Game

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Texas-Michigan was a must watch
    Temps were in the upper 60’s and low 70’s during the game.

Huge difference

Don’t hate the 11 start. Better than 2:30 but not as good as 6-7. Reverse tailgate? With a high of only 88 the morning should be relatively pleasant for mimosas and Bloodys.

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    Don’t hate the 11 start. Better than 2:30 but not as good as 6-7. Reverse tailgate? With a high of only 88 the morning should be relatively pleasant for mimosas and Bloodys.
    Temps won't be 88 by halftime, and certainly not at 1 and 2 o'clock.

4. Default Re: Tulane Game

I expect a capacity crowd but that should not be used as gauge as to whether this is a good time for future* games.

*Unless they are evaluating future Thanksgiving Day games

5. Default Re: Tulane Game

Just sack up. Anyway, there should be a rule in place for every ESPN contract that you get 1 veto a year. This is a ball breaker for attendance

my biggest problem with 11am games that aren't announced till week before is that I live 3hrs away and make hotel reservations weeks in advance of games and now their isn't open rooms for Friday night so that means that I'll be driving at 5:30 am to get into Lafayette at a decent time before the game, it also destroys my morning plans in Lafayette which usually is the farmers market top pick up things for my wife that she likes from there.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrybaldwin69 View Post
    Just sack up. Anyway, there should be a rule in place for every ESPN contract that you get 1 veto a year. This is a ball breaker for attendance
    I like your veto option!

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    I like your veto option!
    All we need to do is insist upon no weekday games on espnu nor any time changes on Saturday for espnu.

This would eliminate the majority of attendance/culture crushing games for every school in the SBC.

It would lead to less money per school from the contract, but would also lead to fanbase and donor growth.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    All we need to do is insist upon no weekday games on espnu nor any time changes on Saturday for espnu.

This would eliminate the majority of attendance/culture crushing games for every school in the SBC.

It would lead to less money per school from the contract, but would also lead to fanbase and donor growth.
    When school fan bases are going to complain about massive crowd impact for any game that’s not between the hours of 4-7 pm or when it’s anything but 72 degrees and sunny, presidents and ADs are going to go for every media dollar they can get.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSID View Post
    When school fan bases are going to complain about massive crowd impact for any game that’s not between the hours of 4-7 pm or when it’s anything but 72 degrees and sunny, presidents and ADs are going to go for every media dollar they can get.
    You left off half of what I said. Weekday games are worse for the fanbase than anything, and before you repeat what you just said in a different manner, what do you think would happen to attendance at most P4 schools if they only had 1 Saturday home game in 2 and a half months, like has happened to us twice recently, because of the espnu trap.

Also, midday games should never happen in the deep south in September, and morning games should never happen here. If you can't see that, I can't help you.

Eggs, Kegs and football.

I dont think the issue is as prevalent as you think.

- 34 home games since 2018, with 1 "neutral" site, so we will use 35
    - Of the 35 games, 4 were bumped to 11:00 a.m. for ESPNU (3) or ESPN2 (1)
    - The last time Louisiana had to play an 11:00 a.m. home game for TV was October 30, 2021, so close to three years ago.

- Of the 35 games, two were played in primetime on ESPNU (UL Monroe 2019, Georgia State 2023), and two others were played in the afternoon window on ESPNU (ULM 2021, Texas State 2023)
    - Of the 35 games, 7 were played on non-Saturdays, all on ESPN (2), ESPN2 (4), and ESPNU (1).

Attached Images Attached Images  

All this does is prove, yet again, that the less successful we are on field and the less momentum we have going for our program the better our chances are for desirable game times/dates. That is absolutely brutal for programs fighting tooth and nail to get people in the door even on a good day. If you already had a successful gameday operation and loyal fanbase coming in to this, like App State, you can make a case for the exposure helping more than the loss of desired slots hurts. That isn’t the case here.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    You left off half of what I said. Weekday games are worse for the fanbase than anything, and before you repeat what you just said in a different manner, what do you think would happen to attendance at most P4 schools if they only had 1 Saturday home game in 2 and a half months, like has happened to us twice recently, because of the espnu trap.

Also, midday games should never happen in the deep south in September, and morning games should never happen here. If you can't see that, I can't help you.
    Not disagreeing with opinion about weekday games and I understand your point. Just stating why these schools are going after maximum media money.

Also, there are benefits to national tv games as stated very well by someone previously. Presidents/ADs at non-P4’s have to weigh the pros/cons of it and this is what they decided is more valuable (profitable).

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    I dont think the issue is as prevalent as you think.

- 34 home games since 2018, with 1 "neutral" site, so we will use 35
    - Of the 35 games, 4 were bumped to 11:00 a.m. for ESPNU (3) or ESPN2 (1)
    - The last time Louisiana had to play an 11:00 a.m. home game for TV was October 30, 2021, so close to three years ago.

- Of the 35 games, two were played in primetime on ESPNU (UL Monroe 2019, Georgia State 2023), and two others were played in the afternoon window on ESPNU (ULM 2021, Texas State 2023)
    - Of the 35 games, 7 were played on non-Saturdays, all on ESPN (2), ESPN2 (4), and ESPNU (1).
    It's worse than I thought.

34 true home games. Nearly half(15) of them were at 11 or during the week. That is program destroying scheduling for US.

Another way to see how bad this is. Over the last 6 seasons we've averaged 3 Saturday afternoon/evening home games per season.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 . LastLast

Thread Information