Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 . LastLast

Thread: Tulane Game

1. Default Re: Tulane Game

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    . complaining about everything isn’t being very supportive.
    Looking backwards you have a great point.

Looking forward, complaining* the root of all improvements.

Now if nothing improvement wise was ever going to be done, you are right again, it's not being supportive.

Fortunately improvements are coming . thanks to the complainers.

I joke, but there's some truth in there.

* making aware

Default Re: Tulane Game

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    National exposure on a weeknight does nothing for us. Being on national TV gives us 3 hours for ESPN to call us "those crazy Louisiana Cajuns" while we play Ark State or someone. I'm sure that is super great to some people on here but college-aged viewers don't give a crap about Cajun heritage or whatever we're trying to promote on a Thursday night on ESPN2. We've been playing midweek ESPN games for a decade and nothing has changed

Do what it takes to pack your stadium. If it means never being on national TV then so be it.
    Correct.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    A question for all of you saying this is just the way it is, we wanna be big time, this is so embarrassing, etc., etc.

At the time of the next espn contract negotiation, if the SBC demanded right of refusal for each member institution for weekday games and time changes for Saturday games, would you support it?
    First reaction is that I would support it. Then reality sets in and I understand there would be no SBC contract with such a stance. They simply would show more games from other leagues and none of ours. Being able to recognize what should be and what is are often not the same allows one to navigate life more effectively.

This pretty much sums up the problem with this fan base. We want to be big time but complain about the cost involved. Want to be respected and get national exposure but want all our games at 7:00 on Saturday night.

There’s not a single team in the country that sets their game times and not a single team that plays every game at the same time every week. Like Cajuns football should be like church. Saturday at 7:00 will make the stadium full. We don’t want national exposure, just Saturday at 7:00. We will eventually fill the stadium that way. Then when the stadium is full we will be great and become a national power. I don’t think it works that way.

LSU at SC 11:00 Saturday and game day is there. Think SC or lsu fans are complaining?

If game day ever came here we’d have people upset that their tailgate spots got relocated. I mean the excuses we make and the fingers we point for our lack of being big time is ironic.

And like I’ve said before in other threads, RP is supposed to be the diehard cajun fans. Guess we’re about 100 deep diehards
    This!^

I'm 60 years old now and I don't enjoy the heat. Tulane just hosted a home game against Kansas State this past weekend and the game time was 11:00AM. Their fan base showed up with no problems. Fans are constantly complaining about the schedule quality, well you play the game at the time the network wants it. Either show up, or do not. Either way if other fan bases can man up to play games at 11:00AM against quality opponents, Cajun fans should be able to do it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    This!^

I'm 60 years old now and I don't enjoy the heat. Tulane just hosted a home game against Kansas State this past weekend and the game time was 11:00AM. Their fan base showed up with no problems. Fans are constantly complaining about the schedule quality, well you play the game at the time the network wants it. Either show up, or do not. Either way if other fan bases can man up to play games at 11:00AM against quality opponents, Cajun fans should be able to do it as well.
    Their fans absolutely did show up, and when you think about it, they used to not show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    First reaction is that I would support it. Then reality sets in and I understand there would be no SBC contract with such a stance. They simply would show more games from other leagues and none of ours. Being able to recognize what should be and what is are often not the same allows one to navigate life more effectively.
    Being able to recognize what shouldn't be and what can be allows me to exceed very effectively in life.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Their fans absolutely did show up, and when you think about it, they used to not show up.
    11 AM is probably a very good kickoff time for THEM. NOLA is not a nice city after dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    CUSA would be more than happy to step up and take the SBC’s place. Such a stance would be treated like telling a bowl committee to hold on while waiting for other options…that never existed.

I think the midweek games are better for exposure than Saturday games on the network. Those dumb Tuesday/wed games are the only game in town. There’s football fans all around the country watching whatever game is available.

10. Default Re: Tulane Game

I think the midweek games are better for exposure than Saturday games on the network. Those dumb Tuesday/wed games are the only game in town. There’s football fans all around the country watching whatever game is available.
    Do you have a weekend saturation point

This pretty much sums up the problem with this fan base. We want to be big time but complain about the cost involved. Want to be respected and get national exposure but want all our games at 7:00 on Saturday night.

There’s not a single team in the country that sets their game times and not a single team that plays every game at the same time every week. Like Cajuns football should be like church. Saturday at 7:00 will make the stadium full. We don’t want national exposure, just Saturday at 7:00. We will eventually fill the stadium that way. Then when the stadium is full we will be great and become a national power. I don’t think it works that way.

LSU at SC 11:00 Saturday and game day is there. Think SC or lsu fans are complaining?

If game day ever came here we’d have people upset that their tailgate spots got relocated. I mean the excuses we make and the fingers we point for our lack of being big time is ironic.

And like I’ve said before in other threads, RP is supposed to be the diehard cajun fans. Guess we’re about 100 deep diehards
    They 100% complain. Every single LSU fan wants their big games to be under the lights at 7pm.

Just like we should play every single game at 7pm until the time changes.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    They 100% complain. Every single LSU fan wants their big games to be under the lights at 7pm.

Just like we should play every single game at 7pm until the time changes.
    LSU is a bad example. They complain about everything. I was really referring to SC. They’re probably more than happy to be on tv at 11:00. Not sec+

Good news it doesn't look like it will be hot. Bad news, they are currently projecting rain

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Well is that stigma really true? They averaged around 20k a game in the Super Dome.

So they built an appropriate sized stadium for their fan base and roughly the same show up. Now it just appears to be full. Creates a better atmosphere and it builds a demand.

LSU is a bad example. They complain about everything. I was really referring to SC. They’re probably more than happy to be on tv at 11:00. Not sec+
    Ha very true

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 . LastLast

Thread Information