Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: G2 Preview: Kennesaw State

1. UL Football G2 Preview: Kennesaw State

After opening the 2024 football season with a 40-10 victory over in-state opponent Grambling, the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns will head out on the road for the first time this year as it travels to face Conference USA newcomer Kennesaw State on Saturday at Fifth Third Stadium.

Default Re: G2 Preview: Kennesaw State

I just watched the utsa Kennesaw game, and the owls have my attention. They have a really good running QB, who is a decent enough passer. He had over 2000 yards rushing his senior year in HS, according to the announcers. Seems we always struggle with those types.

They are going to be jacked up hosting the first FBS program in their short history. They are well coached but are a bit undersized. However, our running game was not very impressive against grambling. We'll see what happens, but I didn't see some of my preseason concerns addressed Saturday night.

We will eventually win this game by 3 scores. Jmo

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    I just watched the utsa Kennesaw game, and the owls have my attention. They have a really good running QB, who is a decent enough passer. He had over 2000 yards rushing his senior year in HS, according to the announcers. Seems we always struggle with those types.

They are going to be jacked up hosting the first FBS program in their short history. They are well coached but are a bit undersized. However, our running game was not very impressive against grambling. We'll see what happens, but I didn't see some of my preseason concerns addressed Saturday night.
    Edit: He had 2500 yards passing and 1200+ yards rushing as a senior in HS. Led the state of Va. QB's in rushing yardage.

Name:  G2.2024.KSU.png
Views: 320
Size:  1,000.8 KB

2023 Opener v Demons

7. Default Re: G2 Preview: Kennesaw State

Flying out to ATL in morning to celebrate Wedding Anniversary weekend! Braves game of Friday night, Cajuns game on Saturday night! Praying the Cajuns take care of business.

8. Default Re: G2 Preview: Kennesaw State

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Red View Post
    Flying out to ATL in morning to celebrate Wedding Anniversary weekend! Braves game of Friday night, Cajuns game on Saturday night! Praying the Cajuns take care of business.
    Happy "A"

9. Default Re: G2 Preview: Kennesaw State

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post

I believe you'll see a similar game plan from Kennesaw State that you saw from Grambling. They'll stack the box and dare us to throw. It will be up to our receivers to make plays.

They did have a LOT of success rushing the passer later in the game, but to be honest, UTSA just didn't account for the MIKE LB at all. The UTSA RB also missed a few blocks in pass protection. I feel like we will be better prepared.

What concerns me is our missed tackles on defense last week. We will not have that luxury this week as the funky jet sweep option combined with their adequate passing game will pick up yards for KSU. We just have to make sure to limit the damage. The best case scenario is to get them in 3rd and long situations, as that is where UTSA had the most success getting them off the field.

All that being said, I think we have enough talent and physicality to win the game, but will not beat the spread.

We're gonna dominate. We have to dominate. Set the tone for the rest of the season this weekend.

UTSA must have done something right on defense; "The Owls were held to 51 yards on the ground on 39 carries while Bryson completed 14 of 28 passes for 202 yards."

I am going to watch their game to see what you guys are worried about.

I also think our coaches will have a lot of the missed tackles rectified for this game.

GEAUX CAJUNS!

12. Default Re: G2 Preview: Kennesaw State

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    UTSA must have done something right on defense; "The Owls were held to 51 yards on the ground on 39 carries while Bryson completed 14 of 28 passes for 202 yards."

I am going to watch their game to see what you guys are worried about.

I also think our coaches will have a lot of the missed tackles rectified for this game.

GEAUX CAJUNS!
    To be fair, both teams made a LOT of stupid mistakes, including an AWFUL flag by the refs that took a score for UTSA off the board. It was a sloppy flag-ridden game by both teams. That did have a lot to do with the final score.

The one thing KSU was VERY good at was their special teams. That punter put on a show.

I mean Grambling trotted out two very very good RBs against us. Bradford and Hargrove were both very highly regard RB’s.

We do need to improve on defense, hopefully we see that as a point of emphasis this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajuns1 View Post
    To be fair, both teams made a LOT of stupid mistakes, including an AWFUL flag by the refs that took a score for UTSA off the board. It was a sloppy flag-ridden game by both teams. That did have a lot to do with the final score.

The one thing KSU was VERY good at was their special teams. That punter put on a show.
    The refs took forever to rule on many of the penalties. Hard game to watch as it drags on and on.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    I mean Grambling trotted out two very very good RBs against us. Bradford and Hargrove were both very highly regard RB’s.

We do need to improve on defense, hopefully we see that as a point of emphasis this week.
    Carmycah Glass had two bad plays early in the game where he lost containment and gave up some good sized runs. Outside of that, I think we kind of settled down and didn't really let them hit us with a ton of big plays, at least in the running game. He did much better after the first couple of series and it seems like we have some talent but just need a few games to settle in.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information