Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Poor 1st Week

1. Default Re: Poor 1st Week

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post
    Speaking of Houston, so Zeon Chriss transferred there to sit the bench? Does that make sense? I just don't understand the mentality of these young athletes anymore.
    He learned nothing from Jordan Brown.

Hey the season is young, he may get more opps or its oops.

2. Default Re: Poor 1st Week

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    He learned nothing from Jordan Brown.

Hey the season is young, he may get more opps or its oops.
    Well I’ll say this, though, Fitz is a damn good coach. We saw what he did with Tulane.

IF Zeon can get an opportunity for some starts and progress under the current UofH staff, he can be very successful. But that’s a big IF, because his head coach might have a different plan in mind for starting QB. Zeon might have been plucked from us without the current head coach’s buy-in.

3. Default Re: Poor 1st Week

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Well I’ll say this, though, Fitz is a damn good coach. We saw what he did with Tulane.

IF Zeon can get an opportunity for some starts and progress under the current UofH staff, he can be very successful. But that’s a big IF, because his head coach might have a different plan in mind for starting QB. Zeon might have been plucked from us without the current head coach’s buy-in.
    But is Fitz a damn good coach? He had an awful record heading into ‘22. Michael Pratt had a lot to do with their recent success. Don’t get me wrong, Fritz assembled that roster but go back and look at his record heading into ‘22.

4. Default Re: Poor 1st Week

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    But is Fitz a damn good coach? He had an awful record heading into ‘22. Michael Pratt had a lot to do with their recent success. Don’t get me wrong, Fritz assembled that roster but go back and look at his record heading into ‘22.
    If a coach did over here what he did at Tulane, we’d be singing that coach’s praises. We’ll find out soon if he can do it at UofH. He’s got a tall task in front of him.

5. Default Re: Poor 1st Week

If a coach did over here what he did at Tulane, we’d be singing that coach’s praises. We’ll find out soon if he can do it at UofH. He’s got a tall task in front of him.
    But Billy did almost the exact same thing…and frankly did it in less time.

6. Default Re: Poor 1st Week

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    But Billy did almost the exact same thing…and frankly did it in less time.
    And we sang his praises as a great coach…that’s my point. Now Fritz, just like Napier, gets his shot at seeing if he can do it at a P4.

Simply my point was that I do think Fritz is a good coach, and if Zeon gets an opportunity, it might work out great for him. But if Fritz wasn’t sold on him coming be his starter and Zeon was just offered money to move over without buy in from the new staff, then he might be SOL.

7. Default Re: Poor 1st Week

And we sang his praises as a great coach…that’s my point. Now Fritz, just like Napier, gets his shot at seeing if he can do it at a P4.

Simply my point was that I do think Fritz is a good coach, and if Zeon gets an opportunity, it might work out great for him. But if Fritz wasn’t sold on him coming be his starter and Zeon was just offered money to move over without buy in from the new staff, then he might be SOL.
    But he still got the money, at least?

8. Default Re: Poor 1st Week

That’s totally fair.

Default Re: Poor 1st Week

Chriss was in for 3 plays in the second quarter. He ran 4 times, one negated by a penalty. Didn’t get back in. Don’t think he was in just to run himself.

10. Default Re: Poor 1st Week

Chriss got drilled on 1 of the runs. Rumor is he is injured or would have played more. Starter is awful. Has no sense of timing. Chris’s will play a bunch. Unfortunately the offensive line is bad and teams do not fear the wide receivers. Would expect Zeon or the 3rd stringer to be starter by October

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information