Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Game 1 overall experience

Default Re: Game 1 overall experience

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    So what gets me is this we need something to this effect, where are all invited. If that is the case how did getting rid of the upper deck and adding suites helps the average fan?

I dont know if yall ever been in the bar area before you get to Champions Square or here is the Green Bay Packers, but we could have a smaller version of this inside Cajun Field, as well as outside Cajun Field where regular people can tailgate.

I dont think i am being unreasonable?

This is the Johnsville Tailgate Villiage in Green Bay. Not advocating the inside be this big.

Attachment 20322

Attachment 20323

Attachment 20324
    That's reminds me of "the table room" at the cajundome.

I may be mistaken but it's only available to certain people before games?

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    That's reminds me of "the table room" at the cajundome.

I may be mistaken but it's only available to certain people before games?
    Pulled off the Green Bay Packers website. You dont even need a ticket to the game.

No ticket? No problem! The Tailgate Village is free of charge and open to the public. Listen to live music, enjoy great food and cold beverages and watch the game on any of the 35 plasma screens located throughout the Village.
    There will also be chances to win Packers Prizes throughout gameday!
    Johnsonville Tailgate Village
    Packers vs. Ravens, August 24th
    Hours: Open 8:00 a.m. until 1 hour after the game ends
    Band: FBI & The Untouchable Horns (8:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.)
    Giveaway: Packers Pass Instant Win, Old Practice Worn Jerseys and Training Camp Hats, Ariens® Classic 24 Sno-Thro®
    180510-jtv-04
    Ryan Photography
    Johnsonville Tailgate Village Carry-In Policy [PDF]
    SNAPSHOT OF THE JOHNSONVILLE TAILGATE VILLAGE
    35 Plasma Screens
    Live Bands
    Johnsonville Products
    MillerCoors Products
    Watch all the Early NFL Games on DirecTV
    Packers Pass Instant Win

Have Television on ESPN+ with all Sunbelt games playing including the big games. I would definitely show up at 12 or 1 hang out for 5 hours before i go in the game to watch the Cajuns Play.

If i would how many other fans would do the same. Why sit at the house when i can be at the stadium. You got them off the couch and at Cajun Field.

If i have kids like Cajun4Life video like he showed sure wouldnt mind playing some ping pong, connect 4 facepainting and cornhole with my kids. Have a blast!

I would show up early so i can have a spot to sit!

Also I will throw this one out there. Parking, and logistics of game day would be less of a hassle, because you wouldnt have the majority of fans trying to get into Cajun Field hour before game time because the majority would be already there.

Pulled off the Green Bay Packers website. You dont even need a ticket to the game.

No ticket? No problem! The Tailgate Village is free of charge and open to the public. Listen to live music, enjoy great food and cold beverages and watch the game on any of the 35 plasma screens located throughout the Village.
    There will also be chances to win Packers Prizes throughout gameday!
    Johnsonville Tailgate Village
    Packers vs. Ravens, August 24th
    Hours: Open 8:00 a.m. until 1 hour after the game ends
    Band: FBI & The Untouchable Horns (8:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.)
    Giveaway: Packers Pass Instant Win, Old Practice Worn Jerseys and Training Camp Hats, Ariens® Classic 24 Sno-Thro®
    180510-jtv-04
    Ryan Photography
    Johnsonville Tailgate Village Carry-In Policy [PDF]
    SNAPSHOT OF THE JOHNSONVILLE TAILGATE VILLAGE
    35 Plasma Screens
    Live Bands
    Johnsonville Products
    MillerCoors Products
    Watch all the Early NFL Games on DirecTV
    Packers Pass Instant Win

Have Television on ESPN+ with all Sunbelt games playing including the big games. I would definitely show up at 12 or 1 hang out for 5 hours before i go in the game to watch the Cajuns Play.

If i would how many other fans would do the same. Why sit at the house when i can be at the stadium. You got them off the couch and at Cajun Field.

If i have kids like Cajun4Life video like he showed sure wouldnt mind playing some ping pong, connect 4 facepainting and cornhole with my kids. Have a blast!

I would show up early so i can have a spot to sit!
    I see 2 small issues:
    1) Green Bay Packers are not desperate for fans, therefore there’s a target crowd for this.

I could easily be wrong bc I don’t feel like researching it, but I’m guessing there are more people wanting tickets than are available?

2) Green Bay (and all other NFL teams) are billion dollar corporations, they can afford to let this place sit empty the other 356 days of the year.

IF UL were to do this, how do you propose they offset the expenses to maintain such a large space? Perhaps keep it open year round, but then someone has to take on operations of such facility. Doubt Legends is interested in taking on such a venture.

To note: I think it would be awesome. But realistically, this is a major expense to running year round when restaurant / bar business may be the most difficult to sustain.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    I see 2 small issues:
    1) Green Bay Packers are not desperate for fans, therefore there’s a target crowd for this.

I could easily be wrong bc I don’t feel like researching it, but I’m guessing there are more people wanting tickets than are available?

2) Green Bay (and all other NFL teams) are billion dollar corporations, they can afford to let this place sit empty the other 356 days of the year.

IF UL were to do this, how do you propose they offset the expenses to maintain such a large space? Perhaps keep it open year round, but then someone has to take on operations of such facility. Doubt Legends is interested in taking on such a venture.

To note: I think it would be awesome. But realistically, this is a major expense to running year round when restaurant / bar business may be the most difficult to sustain.
    If you look at Cajun4Life video, the space doesnt have to be this big. That is a gigantic space. Also if you have a corporate sponser where say Legends got some of the profits on gameday, and also during the year.

So for example it could be open during the day where students that are getting off can enjoy a burger and play games, it could be open at night for anyone to come and eat, or just relax like a sports bar. It could be even open in the morning and say i have to catch the bus to go to class at 7 in the morning i could hit them up for a cup of coffee and a biscuit hop on the bus and be on my merry way.

It could be open for concerts as well as weddings and events.

Say i have a corporate function i could rent the venue and could also be catered with food for such a gathering.

Say i live on campus i might take the bus to get out of my dorm and hit them up and hop back on the bus and go back to my dorm, and also people could just come say you or me wanted to just go and order a meal.

Think like Drew Brees Surge, but different or Fabacher Field where adults, students, adolescents and kids could come and enjoy some of the day.

I see 2 small issues:

Come on dude! Don't you realize UL would have Sodexo available to handle it!!! LMAO!!!!

I see 2 small issues:

Do you think if we had something like this our attendance would go down not up if we did something like this?

Do you think if we had something like this our attendance would go down not up if we did something like this?
    Considering that we're fighting tooth & nail for any and all bodies to attend our games, I can only assume it would hurt our attendance.

Not trying to be a debbie downer after a great week 1 environment, but if you take away the Grambling attendees I think we're having a different feel heading into the next home game.

Considering that we're fighting tooth & nail for any and all bodies to attend our games, I can only assume it would hurt our attendance.

Not trying to be a debbie downer after a great week 1 environment, but if you take away the Grambling attendees I think we're having a different feel heading into the next home game.
    Always thought it would be cool if the northeast gate was a "walkthru" bar. An open-air bar on either side with stools, TVs, big ass fans, etc.

Removing the upper deck now makes the north endzone the cheapest ticket option available -- and unless I'm mistaken, it's really the only "general admission" seating.

It looks like there's definitely less lower deck seating on the new west tower, so the question becomes: will people be willing to move over to lower deck on east side, take south endzone tickets, or just give up?

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Exactly! Cut the hill down just slightly, and let’s get this party started.
    Mother nature already started the site grading efforts. The backside of the NEZ hill is eroding away, and it's pretty noticeable.

Down, because no one will want to pay a premium price to sit in such a club house.

I see 2 small issues:

Have students pay to hang out there while they wait for the school bus, lol, jk

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Down, because no one will want to pay a premium price to sit in such a club house.
    It would cost nothing i don’t understand the comment?

It would be used before the game people will tailgate have drinks, kids play, and for a general admission ticket 1 hour before kickoff, cleared out and people who have a general admission ticket can hang out on the hill, or in the venue.

I am not understanding this premium seating idea to hang out in the NEZ?

Corporate sponsers and those people already will be seating on the 50 yardline in a box with all amenities paid for?

Think a person is going to stand in the grass at the NEZ paying a bar tab when they will they can afford club seats on the 50?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    There is a mountain of people in Lafayette looking for a place to stand around and drink beer

They would not care one iota about the game going on, but they would otherwise be at home so why not give them a reason to come to Cajun Field?

As soon as opening kickoff, I would change all the TVs to show other state schools' biggest screw ups

Apparently there’s a really nice stadium design already done and construction has started. So why have this discussion? Let’s finish phase one before we talk phase 427

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information