Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread: Game 1 overall experience

Default Re: Game 1 overall experience

Too much volume for me!

The band they brought in was good, but the new location is directly across from our tailgate. Crazy loud which made talking to guests and friends impossible without shouting.

Same for the PA volume. Too loud!

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Too much volume for me!

The band they brought in was good, but the new location is directly across from our tailgate. Crazy loud which made talking to guests and friends impossible without shouting.

Same for the PA volume. Too loud!
    100% pa was obnoxiously loud. Almost worse than Legends pregame. I couldn't stand that ____ more than 10 minutes.

Default Re: LGT G1 Final: Louisiana 40, Grambling 10

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    We need to start taking the opening role when the HBCUs come to town. That felt like Led Zeppelin opening for Night Ranger.
    How about those embarrassing uniforms? Talk about 2nd rate

Beyond embarrassing for an R1 school with 3 times the enrollment of Gambling to look like that. Mediocrity has a home at UL.

I found the PA to be much quieter but again I am now further from the speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    I found the PA to be much quieter but again I am now further from the speakers
    Same for me. I thought it was turned way down yesterday lol

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    Also, the digital game program idea still doesn't work when there is inadequate cell reception.

I was never able to get the game program pulled up during the game. It would be a great idea if it actually worked
    The digital program and the Wi-Fi are still a problem. You can use your RCAF pass but their POS device still works off of Wi-Fi and it could not keep up because of the low signal. And they could not accept cash as a back-up just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post
    I agree with all but would add one more subject.

Leaving the parking lot. D. It was not organized at all. Took us 45 minutes just to get out. They let the light on at Congress and Cajundome Blvd. Cops should have been directing traffic. It caused a cluster eff upon exiting.
    It wasn't organized at all, regardless of the parking area. The man problem was not allowing multiple exits and lanes once turning on Congress. That is entirely run by the Lafayette Sheriff Department and their own exit plans on traffic movement. There is nothing Maggard can do about it. I asked because many people were not happy with the long wait just to exit the parking lot. And that was just with 23K.

the new concession locations were great the meat pie I had from the one in the endzone was outstanding, I got water and ice and had no problem with the line, there was no line for the restroom the time I went, the sound system was quieter than in past seasons and the band and fan engagement was perfect, the student section was packed and the white hard hats were a good touch. the only thing I saw that could be a minus was the Grambling band trying to play over the pa system and playing late into play development.

The Grambling fans showed up and were well engaged, the oak tree band was good just wish there was a bigger variety at the merch shop

overall aaa day especially with part of the stadium shut down

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Beyond embarrassing for an R1 school with 3 times the enrollment of Gambling to look like that. Mediocrity has a home at UL.
    In what way? I don’t think athletics is part of the R1 rating. What embarrassed you? Just curious.

Looking across at the new construction last night, is it just me or is there going to be a lot less “regular” seating on that side? I counted 17 or so rows at the bottom where there used to be 40 or so. And that doesn’t include the upper deck. Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by 60swerethebest View Post
    In what way? I don’t think athletics is part of the R1 rating. What embarrassed you? Just curious.
    He was talking about the marching band. It is sad that they half ass it in front of a great crowd. Ironic considering they call themselves the “pride”

I was told once the home side was 16k and the visitors was 15k originally. Then the endzone added about 9k(40k total) If all that is accurate we should have about 23-24k now. Then the new home side will hold 6-7k to get us back to 30k.

Sorry for the math answer

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    It wasn't organized at all, regardless of the parking area. The man problem was not allowing multiple exits and lanes once turning on Congress. That is entirely run by the Lafayette Sheriff Department and their own exit plans on traffic movement. There is nothing Maggard can do about it. I asked because many people were not happy with the long wait just to exit the parking lot. And that was just with 23K.
    Yep, just figured this will be something much better communicated for the next home game. These were just kinks in an otherwise great opening first game of the season.

It has never taken me more than 15 minutes to get home from a game before. The sheriff's department has always been great in moving traffic after a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajuns4me View Post
    Looking across at the new construction last night, is it just me or is there going to be a lot less “regular” seating on that side? I counted 17 or so rows at the bottom where there used to be 40 or so. And that doesn’t include the upper deck. Am I missing something?
    Yes, “regular seating” on the west side lower level will be about 1/2 of what it used to be.

Nice visiting with y’all yesterday. We’ll be back to regular tailgating for Tulane.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread Information