Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: On to Kennesaw

Default On to Kennesaw

Looks like another first, cajuns are first bowl team to step foot on their football field.

Default Re: On to Kennesaw

I still cant help but wonder if sunbelt should have gotten Liberty.

Is the full fbs transition for Kennesaw 2 years or 2 years in the new conf. I.e. is the transition half way done or 2 years to go?

And if we happen to end season at 6-6 would both the grambling win and a potential win at KSU count for our bowl eligibility?

Quote Originally Posted by R1Letterman View Post
    I still cant help but wonder if sunbelt should have gotten Liberty.

Is the full fbs transition for Kennesaw 2 years or 2 years in the new conf. I.e. is the transition half way done or 2 years to go?

And if we happen to end season at 6-6 would both the grambling win and a potential win at KSU count for our bowl eligibility?
    1) KS is in CUSA, not the SBC. The Liberty comment is confusing me.

2) Yes, they have to sit out post season for 2 years, unless something strange happens, like what happened to JMU last year.

3) No, these games will not affect bowl eligibility. KS is an FBS opponent.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: On to Kennesaw

Kennesaw lost to UTSA 28-16 yesterday, so they're NOT going to be a pushover. Hope the running game and defense will be better prepared this week!

#cULture
    #WeAreLouisiana
    #GeauxCajuns
    #BeatKennesawState

Kennesaw is not bowl eligible this year. They will be next year. You are allowed 1 fcs win in your 6 wins to be bowl eligible. Kennesaw is a fbs team. So any 5 more wins is bowl eligibility. I’m watching ksu and utsa now, waiting on Scottie to tee off. Kennesaw will try to stop the run. They’re transitioning from a triple option team. They average less than 2 yards a carry against utsa. Hard to say if utsa will take a step back maybe losing frank harris finally, or is Kennesaw going to be competitive.

Utsa up 21-3 with 10:40 left in the 2nd quarter. Only scored 1 TD after that.

Kennesaw was picked last in CUSA and is #1 on the ESPN bottom ten (for what that’s worth.)

Don’t lose on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Kennesaw was picked last in CUSA and is #1 on the ESPN bottom ten (for what that’s worth.)

Don’t lose on Saturday.
    No doubt. Can not lose. Only fear is the early momentum from playing their first home game against an fbs opponent. Let’s go in their record books as the first fbs home loss for the owls.

Geaux Cajuns!!!

We need to be focused on this game and show some improvement in the run game. They are going to come out excited being home and we need to play up to their level and shut it down.

UTSA will be down this year… it ain’t the UTSA of last year.

Cajuns -15 is the initial line.

Anyone planning on going hmu. We can meet up before the game

They look vulnerable against the pass, least that's what they showed against utsa. Gave up over 300 yards passing!

Our passing game looked pretty good last night.

Have y'all seen their stadium? It IS a HS stadium.

POA would fit right in.

If we want to change the trend of 2-9 in close games we will have to be able to establish the run early. I live the passing game that we saw against Grambling, but close wins come down to who can control the ball in the late third and fourth quarters. We don’t do that with the passing game.

Establish the run, demoralize that defense and, take your shots when you get a chance in the passing game.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information