Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wake Forest Trip

Default Wake Forest Trip

Decided to make this my one flying game trip of the year, so I went looking for game tickets yesterday after making travel arrangements.

Wake wants $83/ticket, lol. $83! WTF, man. I know their stadium only holds about 30k, but really?

I looked at the rest of our away games with only Texas State and ULM having similar prices as ours. USM is proud of theirs, too. $53! I think I'll be hitting up Stubhub on GameDay for those 2 games

Default Re: Wake Forest Trip

I would wait until it is closer
    To game day. Even on day game people
    Drop their prices on ticket websites due to plan changes. I remember on Gameday vs Texas we got tickets for $15 each on stub hub. I know bigger stadium at Texas but it happens everywhere. Always get screwed when buying in advance.

3. Default Re: Wake Forest Trip

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Decided to make this my one flying game trip of the year, so I went looking for game tickets yesterday after making travel arrangements.

Wake wants $83/ticket, lol. $83! WTF, man. I know their stadium only holds about 30k, but really?

I looked at the rest of our away games with only Texas State and ULM having similar prices as ours. USM is proud of theirs, too. $53! I think I'll be hitting up Stubhub on GameDay for those 2 games
    Wake's stadium is pretty cool, it was designed by the same people who designed the App Stadium and it is very similar in layout to it and I know you like the App Stadium. If you can make that trip, you really should. That being said some really special breweries are in the Winston Salem area. Here are some recommendations if anyone is making the trip:

Wise Man Brewing--One of my favorite breweries around, great atmosphere and great beer.

Fiddlin' Fish--Same as above but slightly less good beer.

Incendenary--Great atmosphere, cool vibe and really good beer.

Small Batch--A must, they only do small batches, so you never get the same thing twice, but really good food and beer and also you must do the milkshakes, these things are legendary.

Foothills--Foothills is the largest of the micro breweries in the area. Really great food and the Black IPA might be one of the best beers I have ever had.

Joy Mongers--This is a brewery out of Greensboro, that has a 2nd location in WS, not bad beer, cool vibe.

Jug Heads--This is not a brewery, but a bottle shop. This has nothing but NC based beers on tap, it was an old gas station and really cool place.

There are some other breweries in W-S, but these are my favorite.

Visit Old Salem.

5. Default Re: Wake Forest Trip

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Visit Old Salem.
    Yes and you must stop at the Muddy Creek Cafe.

6. Default Re: Wake Forest Trip

Cin Cin Burger Bar has some of the best burgers around.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Wake's stadium is pretty cool, it was designed by the same people who designed the App Stadium and it is very similar in layout to it and I know you like the App Stadium. If you can make that trip, you really should. That being said some really special breweries are in the Winston Salem area. Here are some recommendations if anyone is making the trip:

Wise Man Brewing--One of my favorite breweries around, great atmosphere and great beer.

Fiddlin' Fish--Same as above but slightly less good beer.

Incendenary--Great atmosphere, cool vibe and really good beer.

Small Batch--A must, they only do small batches, so you never get the same thing twice, but really good food and beer and also you must do the milkshakes, these things are legendary.

Foothills--Foothills is the largest of the micro breweries in the area. Really great food and the Black IPA might be one of the best beers I have ever had.

Joy Mongers--This is a brewery out of Greensboro, that has a 2nd location in WS, not bad beer, cool vibe.

Jug Heads--This is not a brewery, but a bottle shop. This has nothing but NC based beers on tap, it was an old gas station and really cool place.

There are some other breweries in W-S, but these are my favorite.
    Nice! Thanks for the tips. We're only doing Friday -Sunday and will probably catch the Panthers game before flying back to LFT at 2000.

What's the plane ticket costs looking like?

Haven't looked, but normally you get a better fare flying BR to Greensboro Airport. Or Charlotte and drive 90 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Haven't looked, but normally you get a better fare flying BR to Greensboro Airport. Or Charlotte and drive 90 minutes.
    I've flown to Atlanta and then to Raleigh from Lafayette. The drive is about the same, but you are probably right, it may be cheaper flying out of Baton Rouge.

Flights direct to CLT from LFT $370 I like being home when I touchdown.

Flights direct to CLT from LFT $370 I like being home when I touchdown.
    For sure. We've done the price comparison for a bunch of trips. Lafayette is often times cheaper and if BR is, it's not by much. We looked at a Lafayette to CLT in December and it was about a $150 cheaper than BR.

Not sure if it used to be a thing, but I never understood the "we like to fly out of BR" standard that some have.

Small sample size, but maybe our prices aren’t out of line.

$83 is the deal breaker. I wanted to make the trip. Nope.

Still can't wait to see this game (WF). Been wanting to see us v Wake in BSBL forever. FTBL though, can't wait x 50!

Gotta pull off the dub v Tulane in CF!

LFG.

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp View Post
    $83 is the deal breaker. I wanted to make the trip. Nope.

Still can't wait to see this game (WF). Been wanting to see us v Wake in BSBL forever. FTBL though, can't wait x 50!

Gotta pull off the dub v Tulane in CF!

LFG.
    You'll get em for $10 on GameDay. I like to buy from our allotment on away trips cause it's just better for UL, but that is higher than we paid for any SEC game I've ever been to.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information