Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Weather for Saturday

Default Re: Weather for Saturday

Summer Rains come with summer afternoon warming. By kickoff it won’t be raining at 7 pm.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    Summer Rains come with summer afternoon warming. By kickoff it won’t be raining at 7 pm.
    Fingers crossed. Rain all you want in the morning, but clear up after lunch, please.

Only about a 1500 tickets left for Grambling Vs. UL per the website.

I hope that's right.

Get ready for a lot of black and yellow.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    This is why we need to play Southern, Grambling , Jackson St. etc. one of these schools every year starting out, Ill throw McNeese and Southeastern in there as well

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Whatever it takes to sell tickets. It would be a shame if we can't get 20-25k against Grambling. Especially when they are helping a lot.

We've got McNeese here next year. That'll be good. We open against Rice. That should be good-ish also. Opening the new stadium vs. an FBS that's close.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Whatever it takes to sell tickets. It would be a shame if we can't get 20-25k against Grambling. Especially when they are helping a lot.

We've got McNeese here next year. That'll be good. We open against Rice. That should be good-ish also. Opening the new stadium vs. an FBS that's close.
    Grambling brought a decent size crowd last time we hosted thembut nothing compared to Southern.

My favorite golf weather app says no rain Saturday. However, it only goes up to 7pm. This golf weather app is correct 95% of the time. Though it is site specific. But I did look at the weather for The Wetlands and for Jay and Lionel municipal course. Both predict no rain for the day Saturday.
    I will keep checking to see if this changes before Saturday.

Just to give you a little history on this golf weather app, we were making t times for a Saturday morning a few years ago. And we always check this app while making t-times. It stated that Vieux Chenes would have 60% at 10am, muni 30% at 10am, but The Wetlands 0% until 1pm. We booked our t-times for the Wetlands. Sure enough, we played the morning with no rain, but Vieux and Muni both received downpours around 10am, with Vieux receiving a substantial rainstorm for about an hour. So when I go out of town and want to check the weather for that city, I find the nearest golf course to where I'm going and check the golf weather app.

Again, 95% accurate. KATC and KFLY can't hold a weather forecast to this app.

What’s the app?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post
    My favorite golf weather app says no rain Saturday. However, it only goes up to 7pm. This golf weather app is correct 95% of the time. Though it is site specific. But I did look at the weather for The Wetlands and for Jay and Lionel municipal course. Both predict no rain for the day Saturday.

Just to give you a little history on this golf weather app, we were making t times for a Saturday morning a few years ago. And we always check this app while making t-times. It stated that Vieux Chenes would have 60% at 10am, muni 30% at 10am, but The Wetlands 0% until 1pm. We booked our t-times for the Wetlands. Sure enough, we played the morning with no rain, but Vieux and Muni both received downpours around 10am, with Vieux receiving a substantial rainstorm for about an hour. So when I go out of town and want to check the weather for that city, I find the nearest golf course to where I'm going and check the golf weather app.

Name that app.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyP View Post
    What’s the app?
    Golf weather app

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Name that app.
    Golf weather app

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post

Might want to check that again. It shows me a 60% chance of rain and a temperature of 70 degrees. That 70 degree temp is all I needed to see to not trust this site.

The National Weather Service (NWS) has us at 90% for most of the day and they supply the vast majority of raw data to every meteorologist and weather site/app in the country. There high for the day is 88 and the low is 74. Much more believeable.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyP View Post
    What’s the app?
    golfweather.com

Used to have an android app, but only has an iphone app. However, the website works just as well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information