Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: QB1 vs QB2

1. Default QB1 vs QB2

Hadn’t been here in awhile but I’ll spell it out

QB2 will be the starter and based on previous experiences it doesn’t sit well with me

However I haven’t seen QB2 since his return

Why will this happen

QB1 is loyal to the program
    QB2 I don’t feel is

If QB1 is given the job QB2 would likely leave the team

So again QB1 will have to wait to be called on unless the Hockey Gods speak and set things straight

Note - if QB2 earned it ' then so be it but from my peeps that are there everyday QB1 is setting the tone

All in All looking for a good year

We are LOUISIANA

Default Re: QB1 vs QB2

Oh boy

Quote Originally Posted by DaBootratiuer View Post
    Hadn’t been here in awhile but I’ll spell it out

QB2 will be the starter and based on previous experiences it doesn’t sit well with me

However I haven’t seen QB2 since his return

Why will this happen

QB1 is loyal to the program
    QB2 I don’t feel is

If QB1 is given the job QB2 would likely leave the team

So again QB1 will have to wait to be called on unless the Hockey Gods speak and set things straight

Note - if QB2 earned it ' then so be it but from my peeps that are there everyday QB1 is setting the tone

All in All looking for a good year

We are LOUISIANA
    If both QB1 et QB2 are both 5th year Seniors et both chose to return for the extra year. How is 1 more loyal to the program vs the other???

Already with this ____?

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    If both QB1 et QB2 are both 5th year Seniors et both chose to return for the extra year. How is 1 more loyal to the program vs the other???
    Because that’s how some fans evidently want to operate, so they’ll throw junk out there to fit their personal narrative and hope it sticks.

Like the poster a few days ago who made the claim that in the past two seasons, “QB1” was statistically better than “QB2”, though the stats actually don’t prove that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Already with this ____?
    Dude, when all things are just about equal, IMO you go with the guy who’s done the most for the program.

BW:
    Comp 189
    Att 335
    comp % 56.4
    Yards 2316
    YPA 6.9
    TDs 21
    INTs 6
    RTG 131.6

CF:
    Comp 214
    Att 347
    Comp % 61.7
    Yards 2314
    YPA 6.7
    TDs 19
    Int’s 7
    RTG 131.7

Who has more of an impact on this program that is in the QB room? Since day 1 Chandler has demonstrated all the intangibles on and off the field that represents this program. If they are neck and neck, which supposedly they are, go with the guy who has been the anchor of this programs foundation since he got here.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Dude, when all things are just about equal, IMO you go with the guy who’s done the most for the program.

BW:
    Comp 189
    Att 335
    comp % 56.4
    Yards 2316
    YPA 6.9
    TDs 21
    INTs 6
    RTG 131.6

CF:
    Comp 214
    Att 347
    Comp % 61.7
    Yards 2314
    YPA 6.7
    TDs 19
    Int’s 7
    RTG 131.7

Who has more of an impact on this program that is in the QB room? Since day 1 Chandler has demonstrated all the intangibles on and off the field that represents this program. If they are neck and neck, which supposedly they are, go with the guy who has been the anchor of this programs foundation since he got here.
    If all things are equal, give me the bigger body

8. Default Re: QB1 vs QB2

just my opinion guys and as far as loyalty I truly believe that Ben would leave if not the starter

I know, for a fact, a group of senior players was asked by one of the coaches that I wont name who they prefer and it was Chandler

But I’ld Ben is the starter and he earned it. I will support him

9. Default Re: QB1 vs QB2

BW:
    Comp 189
    Att 335
    comp % 56.4
    Yards 2316
    YPA 6.9
    TDs 21
    INTs 6
    RTG 131.6

CF:
    Comp 214
    Att 347
    Comp % 61.7
    Yards 2314
    YPA 6.7
    TDs 19
    Int’s 7
    RTG 131.7
    It had to be a dead heat going into camp.

Often camp serves its purpose and is the differentiator.

10. Default Re: QB1 vs QB2

Quote Originally Posted by DaBootratiuer View Post
    just my opinion guys and as far as loyalty I truly believe that Ben would leave if not the starter
    Seed of doubt plantings like this don't usually occur once fall practice begins.

There is no where for a 5th year senior to go at this point.

Give NIL some time, we will see midseason transfers soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    And now we see why Coach Des statement was made concerning releasing the name of the starting QB. I watched the video of the press conference, and yes, he was being a jerk! Why, because several of the people that asked the question in the press conference were given the information last year and didn't use good judgement in writing certain things in an article before the season began. Once you break an agreement with a coach when it comes to inside information, don't expect any favors. He clearly was addressing those people in the press conference.

As you stated, both QBs returned this season as graduate students. And both could be elsewhere and understood one could be watching from the sidelines until needed. If it doesn't work out, then the blame rest on the head coach. All the rest of this nonsense is not good before one game has been played.

BW:
    Comp 189
    Att 335
    comp % 56.4
    Yards 2316
    YPA 6.9
    TDs 21
    INTs 6
    RTG 131.6

CF:
    Comp 214
    Att 347
    Comp % 61.7
    Yards 2314
    YPA 6.7
    TDs 19
    Int’s 7
    RTG 131.7

I just honestly don’t think it’s clear cut, either way, and the play on the field has shown that. The stats show it. I haven’t compared their records as starters, but I’m going to guess that’s just about a dead heat as well…which is not great considering we’re 6-7 each of the past two seasons.

I just don’t think it’s fair to say one is more loyal to the program than the other. Either one could have said “Screw it, I’m going to a program where I’m guaranteed to be the starter”. They both stayed, through rejections and injuries.

Whomever the starter is, I hope they have the offense clicking by Game 3.

Nice to see all the Nephews are back from summer vacation. We are all nephews on this glorious day. One week yall

Remember when we thought Chandler was Boots son? Wild times.

Why dont we just change the position names.... qb vermilion and qb white or qb fluer and qb de lis

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information