Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Cajuns WR Room

Default Re: Cajuns WR Room

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    I know we talk about the depth of the RB room with Dre'lyn, Zylan, and "Bill". But the reality is that looking at the depth in the WR room, this could be one of the best and deepest WR rooms we may have seen in a long time.

I think this room will be 6 deep, with the ability to go 8-9 deep. I think Harvey, Robert, Jacob and Lance are the top of the heap, but that room is much deeper than that. Think about this, we all know the ability that Robert Williams, Harvey Broussard and Jacob Bernard have and many on this board think that Lance LeGendre as he continues to learn the position is possibly the best of the bunch but let's dig just a little deeper. Charles Robertson showed what he could do as a freshman last year catching 17 balls for 189 yards. At 6'1 180 he has a nice frame and seems to be more of a possession guy, but had it not been for the youth of Harvey Broussard getting 24 receptions and 317 yards and 2 TD's and Robert Williams with 31 catches for 385 yards and 4 TD's, we would have been talking about Charles Robertson being the best of the young receivers. The guy I have the biggest hope for is deep on the depth chart is Jon McCall, a transfer from McNeese. He was the best receiver on McNeese's roster last year by a long way. At 6'2, 200 lbs, he comes in as a veteran with a ton of experience, McCall had 32 catches for 504 yards and 5 TD's last year, but what I like most about him is the fact that was in 10 games last year and after the first 2 weeks he had 2 catches for 36 yards and no TD's. From week 3 - week 10 he ended up with 30 catches for 468 yards and 5 TD's. Meaning he was averaging close to 4 catches a game after week 2. The minimum he caught in those games was 3 catches, but he had 4 games where he caught for more than 70 yards. He is my dark horse for surprise of the year on offense. There were also a couple of other guys who got good minutes last year in their first year with the program, Trayv'on Culbert a RS Junior JUCO transfer showed some signs last year in limited action with 4 catches for 29 yards and 1 TD in only 8 games. Jayden Johnson with 2 catches for 28 yards and Tavion Smith with 2 catches for 24 yards and a TD. Johnson is a RS Sophomore and Smith is a JUCO transfer who had a huge HS career in Miss. The other guy we cannot forget about is a guy the coaches have been raving about and that is Rahji Dennis. This is a true freshman that will get some time at some point, but this room is deep so he might be limited in his action. Long term he will be a huge part of this team.

The other room that will be interesting is the TE room. We lost a lot in that room from last year but there is some serious young talent there. We all got a glimpse of what Terrance Carter, Terrance Carter, Terrance Carter can do last year in limited action behind Neal Johnson. But the coaches are really high on RS Frehman Caden Jensen, Jathan Caldwell, Ty Stamey and Rhett Guidry, but the only one with any experience to speak of is Terrance. There will not be a lack of talent for whomever is the QB to throw to, the question is, can some of this young talent step up and how much improvement do we see from guys at the top of the depth chart.

I am excited for the WR and TE room.
    Man I am now really hyped about this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    It is going to be a war! Having the bye a week prior will be huge.
    We need to sell out the Tulane game. 20k seating and 5K on the hill for a total of 25K. We can do this!

3. Default Re: Cajuns WR Room

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    I went through our schedule just yesterday. Kind of felt this way:

Grambling - W
    Kennesaw St. - W
    Tulane - L
    Wake - L
    USM - W
    App St. - L
    Coastal - W/L
    Texas St. - L/W (so we split Coastal and TX St. in some manner)
    Arky St. - W
    South AL - W
    Troy - L
    ULM - W

So 7-5? And if the Texas St./Coastal split I'm thinking ends up where we beat Texas State (They're due at some point to get a W against us), then that would put us 5-1 in the West, so a shot at playing in the SBC Champ game.

I think we'll finally have an idea where this team really stands based on the Tulane game.
    I don't know about South Alabama. They're always a pretty tough one for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    We need to sell out the Tulane game. 20k seating and 5K on the hill for a total of 25K. We can do this!
    Not gonna happen.

5. Default Re: Cajuns WR Room

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Not gonna happen.
    Assuming we are 2-0 and Tulane can travel, it will be surprisingly close. I know a good bit of casual fans that are talking about it.

6. Default Re: Cajuns WR Room

Am i the only one that woule be ok with going back to the time and place where every position didnt all need separate rooms

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Not gonna happen.
    If we can't get 25k for that game , we are in trouble

It's been a while but the last 2 times we've hosted Tulane we have had great crowds and it wasn't from them bringing a large number of fans

Quote Originally Posted by R1Letterman View Post
    Am i the only one that woule be ok with going back to the time and place where every position didnt all need separate rooms
    With the amount of film study that is done it's a necessity

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post

It's been a while but the last 2 times we've hosted Tulane we have had great crowds and it wasn't from them bringing a large number of fans
    It is a solid rivalry opponent from our state. It will draw more than our conference games.

10. Default Re: Cajuns WR Room

With the amount of film study that is done it's a necessity
    The ncaa has not increased the legal amount of legal practice/prep time

Quote Originally Posted by R1Letterman View Post
    The ncaa has not increased the legal amount of legal practice/prep time
    Exactly. That's why they split them up into position groups to be more efficient with their film and prep time

Where does season ticket sales stand?

13. Default Re: Cajuns WR Room

FYI, just saw that Charles Robertson is academically ineligible this season

14. Default Re: Cajuns WR Room

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    FYI, just saw that Charles Robertson is academically ineligible this season
    With all the academic support we offer now you almost have to try to not be eligible.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    I know we talk about the depth of the RB room with Dre'lyn, Zylan, and "Bill". But the reality is that looking at the depth in the WR room, this could be one of the best and deepest WR rooms we may have seen in a long time.

I think this room will be 6 deep, with the ability to go 8-9 deep. I think Harvey, Robert, Jacob and Lance are the top of the heap, but that room is much deeper than that. Think about this, we all know the ability that Robert Williams, Harvey Broussard and Jacob Bernard have and many on this board think that Lance LeGendre as he continues to learn the position is possibly the best of the bunch but let's dig just a little deeper. Charles Robertson showed what he could do as a freshman last year catching 17 balls for 189 yards. At 6'1 180 he has a nice frame and seems to be more of a possession guy, but had it not been for the youth of Harvey Broussard getting 24 receptions and 317 yards and 2 TD's and Robert Williams with 31 catches for 385 yards and 4 TD's, we would have been talking about Charles Robertson being the best of the young receivers. The guy I have the biggest hope for is deep on the depth chart is Jon McCall, a transfer from McNeese. He was the best receiver on McNeese's roster last year by a long way. At 6'2, 200 lbs, he comes in as a veteran with a ton of experience, McCall had 32 catches for 504 yards and 5 TD's last year, but what I like most about him is the fact that was in 10 games last year and after the first 2 weeks he had 2 catches for 36 yards and no TD's. From week 3 - week 10 he ended up with 30 catches for 468 yards and 5 TD's. Meaning he was averaging close to 4 catches a game after week 2. The minimum he caught in those games was 3 catches, but he had 4 games where he caught for more than 70 yards. He is my dark horse for surprise of the year on offense. There were also a couple of other guys who got good minutes last year in their first year with the program, Trayv'on Culbert a RS Junior JUCO transfer showed some signs last year in limited action with 4 catches for 29 yards and 1 TD in only 8 games. Jayden Johnson with 2 catches for 28 yards and Tavion Smith with 2 catches for 24 yards and a TD. Johnson is a RS Sophomore and Smith is a JUCO transfer who had a huge HS career in Miss. The other guy we cannot forget about is a guy the coaches have been raving about and that is Rahji Dennis. This is a true freshman that will get some time at some point, but this room is deep so he might be limited in his action. Long term he will be a huge part of this team.

The other room that will be interesting is the TE room. We lost a lot in that room from last year but there is some serious young talent there. We all got a glimpse of what Terrance Carter, Terrance Carter, Terrance Carter can do last year in limited action behind Neal Johnson. But the coaches are really high on RS Frehman Caden Jensen, Jathan Caldwell, Ty Stamey and Rhett Guidry, but the only one with any experience to speak of is Terrance. There will not be a lack of talent for whomever is the QB to throw to, the question is, can some of this young talent step up and how much improvement do we see from guys at the top of the depth chart.

I am excited for the WR and TE room.
    Agree 100%. Was just discussing this a couple days ago. Dave, I have a sneaky suspicion we could be really good this year, if. . .the defense is as solid as we're hearing and the Oline is good. We have the weapons. Good defense, good Oline, talent and depth at RB and WR. . .and all the QB needs to do is manage and don't get cute. Could this be the year that no one saw coming?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information