Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread: Desormeaux has made a decision on his starting QB.

1. Default Re: Desormeaux has made a decision on his starting QB.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Ben has created plenty of damage to defenses with his legs.
    Last year he ran for 29 against Northwestern and, 45 vs ODU

Default Re: Desormeaux has made a decision on his starting QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    I wouldn’t call anything about last year fantastic when it comes to CF. He was 1-3 as a starter and needed to beat lowly ULM to get into a bowl game. In the bowl game he did absolutely nothing while being gifted 3 defensive touchdowns. As long as he is healthy it’s Ben’s job.
    Gifted 3 defensive touchdowns and lost.to Jacksonville State. He could barely move the ball past the 50 and he didn't even do that consistently. The thing is he's only back because Zeon left. If we're trotting out Fields as the starter because he's considered the best we have, I hate to say it, but we're in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by babysitter View Post
    Not one bit of your business. And who's "making" you send money ? You don't want to donate then don't but you and other "donors" don't run the program. If you were a business owner [and maybe you are], would you put all of your company inside info on the street ? I think I know the answer.
    Struck a nerve?

4. Default Re: Desormeaux has made a decision on his starting QB.

Saying it's none of our business is saying that we aren't any part of this program. Like it's them (players & staff) against us actually. Horrible statement even though we don't need to know at this point. I miss the days when Hud made everyone feel like they were a part of the program and even had a role to play in its success. I truly hope Dez turns this ship around because it has been a terrible disappointment since he took the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Ben has created plenty of damage to defenses with his legs.
    He's was a better runner than CF, but now, after two season ending leg and foot injuries, we'll just have to see.

Quote Originally Posted by FeelDaRage View Post
    If we're trotting out Fields as the starter because he's considered the best we have, I hate to say it, but we're in trouble.
    Glass half full time. If we have a healthy squad, we have two super senior leaders that could lead us to a special season.

I can't wait to watch football again. I hope we make every team we play submit on both sides of the ball. I hope we line up across some well-paid NIL primadonnas that will run at the first sight of adversity during a game and make them consider entering the transfer portal midgame. I hope that this is the season that NIL backfires as a roster building strategy for the big boys and it's the year of the lunch pail programs that focus on culture.

Quote Originally Posted by USL View Post
    Saying it's none of our business is saying that we aren't any part of this program. Like it's them (players & staff) against us actually. Horrible statement even though we don't need to know at this point. I miss the days when Hud made everyone feel like they were a part of the program and even had a role to play in its success. I truly hope Dez turns this ship around because it has been a terrible disappointment since he took the wheel.
    It was an abrasive statement made at the people interested in the program. It was like he's upset with having to eventually share that information. It certainly wasn't necessary. Kind of strange.

Quote Originally Posted by USL View Post
    Good point. It was very odd and the wrong words really. He better win this year as HC with the talent we have or he won’t get any of our damn business either anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    It was an abrasive statement made at the people interested in the program. It was like he's upset with having to eventually share that information. It certainly wasn't necessary. Kind of strange.
    Yes, pretty abrasive & arrogant for a program that's been losing fan support every year lately, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by FeelDaRage View Post
    Gifted 3 defensive touchdowns and lost.to Jacksonville State. He could barely move the ball past the 50 and he didn't even do that consistently. The thing is he's only back because Zeon left. If we're trotting out Fields as the starter because he's considered the best we have, I hate to say it, but we're in trouble.
    Well, if we are trotting out a true freshman, then we won't be winning either.

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    Did he actually say that?

It’s a shame that here on RP where you’d think are the biggest Cajun fans and supporters, is where we’re going to blow a comment out of proportion and start ____ about our own coach. This comment was not a slap in anyone’s face or a pointed towards any particular group. He’s sayin team decisions are exactly that.

Most head coaches say every position is up for grabs in the fall, as they should be. Competition makes everyone better. So the fact there was a so called qb battle again might not even be the case. But if Des went into camp with an idea and then the backup totally outperformed then he would probably change his mind. So the starters aren’t starters till they start. Why does that need to be decided or released before the game?( or depth chart release game week) I’m sure Des is just tired of hearing the question. I come on rp frequently and the majority of the comments on this thread ____ me off.

13. Default Re: Desormeaux has made a decision on his starting QB.

Des has probably heard the question a million times, but in his position he can't let it pile up like dead weight.

He has to recognize its the first time many heard someone ask him. It was the first time for me, so his response seemed out of balance.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Did he actually say that?
    The quote is "it's none of ya'lls damn business".

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Des has probably heard the question a million times, but in his position he can't let it pile up like dead weight.

He has to recognize its the first time many heard someone ask him. It was the first time for me, so his response seemed out of balance.
    True, I'm sure he didn't think it would have the kind of meaning it came across as. Des is a down to earth person and I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he didn't mean to alienate the fans. I think he should have just told the QB's, told the team, and just announced it publicly. No good reason not too.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread Information