Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Desormeaux has made a decision on his starting QB.

Default Re: Desormeaux has made a decision on his starting QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    Golf clap.
    *hat tip

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    It’s actually pineapples and asparagus
    Why you gotta bring vegetables into this?

3. Default Re: Desormeaux has made a decision on his starting QB.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    It's not though. It's def not apples and oranges. At worst, it's oranges and tangerines. Don't pee on my fruit bowl and tell me it's Rainman66. LoL
    Heinz 57 and A1 sauce.

Des holding his cards to his vest is so darn refreshing. None of this "nanny, nanny, boo, boo, I know something you don't know" who knows the most cr@p going on.

Who knows, maybe he has grown as a D1 coach and wants to control his own fate. Less distractions, better focus.

The ONE thing CMD cannot do is the two QB system, that's a proven non starter, no pun intended.

I've stated ad nauseum that it doesn't matter who they go with. Neither is a guy that elevates the play on the field. It's all gonna come down to the O line. If we're solid there, all we need, whomever the starter is, to not make the big mistake. If that O line is good, we have the RB's in the stable to be good in the run game. And if our defense is as good as we think they may be. . . .we won't need a "great" QB. . . .just a guy to manage and don't try and be the hero.

But I will say this in wrapping up . . . and I'm in no way sticking up for JMV, but the same people upset what JMV does are defending Des for doing it. "Oh hey guys, I have some super secret info, but I can't tell you."

Silly. . . .the whole thing is silly.
    Glad "the bird" hasn't chimed in

6. Default Re: Desormeaux has made a decision on his starting QB.

I give Desormeaux an A+ in hyping interest.

Buzz creates interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post

Buzz creates interest.
    The man actually has a pulse. I was worried for two years.

Then good thing we have Ben Wooldridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post

Buzz creates interest.
    I don't know if that was his intention, but it worked! LoL. Look how we're talking! I have high hopes this season. One thing we haven't brought into the discussion yet, is how good is the rest of the conference gonna be.

I don't know if that was his intention, but it worked! LoL. Look how we're talking! I have high hopes this season. One thing we haven't brought into the discussion yet, is how good is the rest of the conference gonna be.
    West will be better than East with TXST, UL, A State, Troy. Besides App St. I don’t see anyone else in the East being that great.

11. Default Re: Desormeaux has made a decision on his starting QB.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    DES was hired and paid to win football games.
    Critics come with the territory of being a head football coach at a FBS D1 university that is not far removed from SBC titles, bowl wins, and national rankings that has gone into two losing seasons.
    Sorry if that offends you.
    Hopefully this is the year Des gets us back to winning championships.
    Agreed! 1000%

12. Default Re: Desormeaux has made a decision on his starting QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    It’s a shame that here on RP where you’d think are the biggest Cajun fans and supporters, is where we’re going to blow a comment out of proportion and start ____ about our own coach. This comment was not a slap in anyone’s face or a pointed towards any particular group. He’s sayin team decisions are exactly that.

Most head coaches say every position is up for grabs in the fall, as they should be. Competition makes everyone better. So the fact there was a so called qb battle again might not even be the case. But if Des went into camp with an idea and then the backup totally outperformed then he would probably change his mind. So the starters aren’t starters till they start. Why does that need to be decided or released before the game?( or depth chart release game week) I’m sure Des is just tired of hearing the question. I come on rp frequently and the majority of the comments on this thread ____ me off.
    No one is questioning his wisdom of not divulging that information. It is the way he said it. Totally inappropriate to speak to your fan base or local media that way. You might want to establish yourself as a winner before you start sounding like Bill Belichick.

13. Default Re: Desormeaux has made a decision on his starting QB.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    DES was hired and paid to win football games.
    Critics come with the territory of being a head football coach at a FBS D1 university that is not far removed from SBC titles, bowl wins, and national rankings that has gone into two losing seasons.
    Sorry if that offends you.
    Hopefully this is the year Des gets us back to winning championships.
    Well said. We're all pulling for the Cajuns. Hope Dez wins 10+ games this year.

Coming off two consecutive losing seasons CMD ought to cut loose a bit more. What he said came off the wrong way but whatever. For him, cutting loose more in a presser than he normally would in the past is more positive than negative. Besides the players, CMD and his staff must make strides to vastly improve the win/loss record. We are 2-8 the past two seasons in close, one possession games. Looking at the strength of schedule and depth we should all be expecting a 9 or 10 win regular season. Instead I'm still wondering if a CMD led team can win seven games which is still underachieving here by today's expectations. And when will we start winning more of those close games?

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    It was an abrasive statement made at the people interested in the program. It was like he's upset with having to eventually share that information. It certainly wasn't necessary. Kind of strange.
    I agree and I heard him say not just read it and he just sounded like an ass to be honest. I'm guessing he's been getting asked that question every day for weeks now but your the HC, you have to take those questions.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information