Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Desormeaux has made a decision on his starting QB.

Default Re: Desormeaux has made a decision on his starting QB.

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    I think he should have just told the QB's, told the team, and just announced it publicly. No good reason not too.
    Why? To me it is a respect thing when it comes to his qb’s.

People automatically assume one is better then the other. All he said one had a better camp then the other. The only person who needs to know is the qb, no one else. He is showing respect.

Dont take my comment personal, i just think its a moral, and treating people how yourself wants to be treated.

Certain way you need to handle the situation and telling it publicly or even the team is to single that person out.

2. Default Re: Desormeaux has made a decision on his starting QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    Why? To me it is a respect thing when it comes to his qb’s.

People automatically assume one is better then the other. All he said one had a better camp then the other. The only person who needs to know is the qb, no one else. He is showing respect.

Dont take my comment personal, i just think its a moral, and treating people how yourself wants to be treated.

Certain way you need to handle the situation and telling it publicly or even the team is to single that person out.
    I think Des cares about his players feelings and gives them respect, and there is nothing wrong with that. I also think there is nothing wrong with revealing who is going to lead the team going into the first game. It's not to hurt the other guy, it's to give the guy you picked the recognition he deserves for winning the competition as the starter. It should be presented as a positive going forward.
    Anyway, I'm just ready for some real football and hope the Cajuns turn it around and give us a great year.

Y’all do realize we don’t know any other starting spot on the team? And we won’t know for certain till the depth chart comes out. This need to know about the qb position asap was created by media and fans.

Stay cool folks. 2024 Cajuns Football is here.

5. Default Re: Desormeaux has made a decision on his starting QB.

From the soundbite it as if Des has made up his mind and it won’t please the vocal part of the base. Plus he feels the pressure of having to win. He’s a competitor and hates losing.

6. Default Re: Desormeaux has made a decision on his starting QB.

I don't care who the starting QB is. Both Ben and Chandler have starting experience. As long as either of them win games for us and keep us in contention, I'll be happy.

7. Default Re: Desormeaux has made a decision on his starting QB.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    No, it's not the donors business either. Why would you want to announce who the starter is so all our opponents can start game planning? Just because you give money doesn't mean you need to know the depth chart weeks in advance.
    Bruh we open with Grambling and Kennesaw St. announcing who the starter is today or tomorrow will have no bearing on game planning.

Same goes with hiding the offense or defense. It’s just plain dumb.

I've stated ad nauseum that it doesn't matter who they go with. Neither is a guy that elevates the play on the field. It's all gonna come down to the O line. If we're solid there, all we need, whomever the starter is, to not make the big mistake. If that O line is good, we have the RB's in the stable to be good in the run game. And if our defense is as good as we think they may be. . . .we won't need a "great" QB. . . .just a guy to manage and don't try and be the hero.

But I will say this in wrapping up . . . and I'm in no way sticking up for JMV, but the same people upset what JMV does are defending Des for doing it. "Oh hey guys, I have some super secret info, but I can't tell you."

Silly. . . .the whole thing is silly.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    I've stated ad nauseum that it doesn't matter who they go with. Neither is a guy that elevates the play on the field. It's all gonna come down to the O line. If we're solid there, all we need, whomever the starter is, to not make the big mistake. If that O line is good, we have the RB's in the stable to be good in the run game. And if our defense is as good as we think they may be. . . .we won't need a "great" QB. . . .just a guy to manage and don't try and be the hero.

But I will say this in wrapping up . . . and I'm in no way sticking up for JMV, but the same people upset what JMV does are defending Des for doing it. "Oh hey guys, I have some super secret info, but I can't tell you."

Silly. . . .the whole thing is silly.
    I agree the whole thing is silly and CMD's response was a head scratcher, but comparing him to JMV is totally apples and oranges . making it just as silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    I agree the whole thing is silly and CMD's response was a head scratcher, but comparing him to JMV is totally apples and oranges . making it just as silly.
    It's not though. It's def not apples and oranges. At worst, it's oranges and tangerines. Don't pee on my fruit bowl and tell me it's Rainman66. LoL

11. Default Re: Desormeaux has made a decision on his starting QB.

It's not though. It's def not apples and oranges. At worst, it's oranges and tangerines. Don't pee on my fruit bowl and tell me it's Rainman66. LoL
    It’s actually pineapples and asparagus

12. Default Re: Desormeaux has made a decision on his starting QB.

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    I think Des cares about his players feelings and gives them respect, and there is nothing wrong with that. I also think there is nothing wrong with revealing who is going to lead the team going into the first game. It's not to hurt the other guy, it's to give the guy you picked the recognition he deserves for winning the competition as the starter. It should be presented as a positive going forward.
    Anyway, I'm just ready for some real football and hope the Cajuns turn it around and give us a great year.
    Look, I think this is over reaction sir. Every HC that I have spoken too at UL since Baldwin have manipulated the Depth Chart before games. So, they actually list names on the official Depth Chart that are not going to play because of scouting. I'm pretty sure the name of the starting QB will be known before the game. This is common coach speak and nothing new.

Golf clap.

14. Default Re: Desormeaux has made a decision on his starting QB.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    I don't care who the starting QB is. Both Ben and Chandler have starting experience. As long as either of them win games for us and keep us in contention, I'll be happy.
    YES !!!!!!!!

LETS GEAUX !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Name:  let-s-get-ready-to-rumble-498-x-498-gif-lklgu29kiqkgpfj9.gif
Views: 110
Size:  485.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    It’s a shame that here on RP where you’d think are the biggest Cajun fans and supporters, is where we’re going to blow a comment out of proportion and start ____ about our own coach. This comment was not a slap in anyone’s face or a pointed towards any particular group. He’s sayin team decisions are exactly that.

Most head coaches say every position is up for grabs in the fall, as they should be. Competition makes everyone better. So the fact there was a so called qb battle again might not even be the case. But if Des went into camp with an idea and then the backup totally outperformed then he would probably change his mind. So the starters aren’t starters till they start. Why does that need to be decided or released before the game?( or depth chart release game week) I’m sure Des is just tired of hearing the question. I come on rp frequently and the majority of the comments on this thread ____ me off.
    DES was hired and paid to win football games.
    Critics come with the territory of being a head football coach at a FBS D1 university that is not far removed from SBC titles, bowl wins, and national rankings that has gone into two losing seasons.
    Sorry if that offends you.
    Hopefully this is the year Des gets us back to winning championships.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information