Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Desormeaux has made a decision on his starting QB.

1. UL Football 'It's none of y'all damn business'

UL football is just days away from kicking off the 2024 season.

The Ragin’ Cajuns are 15 practices in, and after two scrimmages, are getting a better idea of what they will put on the field in game one. The big question concerning the Cajuns this time every year is who will be the starting quarterback for week one.

2. Default Re: Desormeaux has made a decision on his starting QB.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    It is Ben he was told in a meeting with Des. I thought that was common knowledge.

I just hope he informed Chandler this time before he learns it in a press conference like last year.
    You are right about that, and this year seems similar with there being a sudden QB "competition" announced with SBC media day again.

3. Default Re: Desormeaux has made a decision on his starting QB.

I think as long as Ben was healthy, he was the clear guy to cmd

4. Default Re: Desormeaux has made a decision on his starting QB.

The problem is the inconsistency starting 3 years ago, ever since Napier left.

CF won starting job in 2022. Then coaches go and create the dumpster fire of the 2 QB rotation? It became easy for them when CF had injury, so that BW was now the guy and it appeased all to create the one quarterback system.which should have been in place from day 1 with CF. That opportunity wasn't given to him. Later that season, BW went down due to injury, CF comes in at plays well and gets them into a Bowl game.

Default Re: Desormeaux has made a decision on his starting QB.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    It doesn't matter who the QB is. They both are below average SBC quarterbacks. There really is no difference between the 2. So I see why he won't tell us.
    One is much taller than the other. Neither have the wheels to create problems for the defense. Both have decent arms. One has problems throwing the out route. One cannot scramble from the pocket. Both know the offense. One rarely throws over the middle unless its the long ball.

Neither will win a game for us, but both can manage the game.

6. Default Re: Desormeaux has made a decision on his starting QB.

Last season they phased CF out, named BW starter & media full blaze behind it.BW went down again with injury & it perfectly fit with ZC coming in as the he was the future of the team. Injury bug struck & CF swooped in again to lead them to another bowl game. CF had fantastic stats setting a school record in completion percentage. Statistically, last 2 seasons CF was better overall than BW.

7. Default Re: Desormeaux has made a decision on his starting QB.

Quote Originally Posted by mandecajun1 View Post
    Last season they phased CF out, named BW starter & media full blaze behind it.BW went down again with injury & it perfectly fit with ZC coming in as the he was the future of the team. Injury bug struck & CF swooped in again to lead them to another bowl game. CF had fantastic stats setting a school record in completion percentage. Statistically, last 2 seasons CF was better overall than BW.
    I wouldn’t call anything about last year fantastic when it comes to CF. He was 1-3 as a starter and needed to beat lowly ULM to get into a bowl game. In the bowl game he did absolutely nothing while being gifted 3 defensive touchdowns. As long as he is healthy it’s Ben’s job.

8. Default Re: Desormeaux has made a decision on his starting QB.

What stats over the past two season has Fields been better than Wooldridge? I’ll help you out…completion percentage.

Wooldridge has been better on TD/INT ratio, passing yards per game and passing yards per attempt. As well we rushing yards per attempt.

So no, Fields has not been “statistically better overall” than Wooldridge.

Now…maybe Fields is a better leader whom the team will play better under, or not. I don’t know about any of that. I’m not some “insider” like others here. I honestly want the guy out there who can help us get the most wins.

However, what is clear is that you are way biased about this, to the point you actually stated something that could be proven factually incorrect merely by going to the Ragin Cajun football page.

How about we don’t stir up dumb drama on here, especially with fake news about stats.

I took the comment as none of yall damn business as a respect to the qb thing.

What he is basically saying to respect the qbs, he is not saying one is better then the other, and one just had a better camp.

You never fire someone publicly or announce to an entire group, same with an announcement publicly. You are automatically assuming one is better then the other.

All was mentioned was one had a better camp then the other!

I respect that!! Kudos to Des

Sounds like they talk to each one individually and kept it to themselves!! Right on!!

Since we have the largest State of Louisiana flag in the world, I wonder if the boom on that crane could put her in the air.

In a surprise move it will be Daniel Beale lol!

12. Default Re: Desormeaux has made a decision on his starting QB.

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    In a surprise move it will be Daniel Beale lol!
    If it is.it is. Let's Reauxl!

13. Default Re: Desormeaux has made a decision on his starting QB.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    It is Ben he was told in a meeting with Des. I thought that was common knowledge.

I just hope he informed Chandler this time before he learns it in a press conference like last year.
    Des said in the interview that he met with both and they know.

14. Default Re: Desormeaux has made a decision on his starting QB.

The problem is the inconsistency starting 3 years ago, ever since Napier left.

CF won starting job in 2022. Then coaches go and create the dumpster fire of the 2 QB rotation? It became easy for them when CF had injury, so that BW was now the guy and it appeased all to create the one quarterback system.which should have been in place from day 1 with CF. That opportunity wasn't given to him. Later that season, BW went down due to injury, CF comes in at plays well and gets them into a Bowl game.
    Cajun Fields is my favorite QB, but I like a lot about Wooldridge and think they are equally qualified to start.

15. Default Re: Desormeaux has made a decision on his starting QB.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    One is much taller than the other. Neither have the wheels to create problems for the defense. Both have decent arms. One has problems throwing the out route. One cannot scramble from the pocket. Both know the offense. One rarely throws over the middle unless its the long ball.

Neither will win a game for us, but both can manage the game.
    Ben has created plenty of damage to defenses with his legs.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information