Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Desormeaux has made a decision on his starting QB.

Default Re: Desormeaux has made a decision on his starting QB.

I'm betting Cajun Fields

Seriously, why would he make it a point to make a public announcement that you picked a starting QB if you aren't actually announcing who it is. Pointless. Completely pointless.

3. Default Re: Desormeaux has made a decision on his starting QB.

Actually I feel better knowing the head coach knows who will start at QB.

People on here would be screaming if he had said that decision has not been made.

I TRUST Coach Des to use any edge he can.

4. Default Re: Desormeaux has made a decision on his starting QB.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunPride View Post

People on here would be screaming if he had said that decision has not been made.

We discussed this last week; he knew who his starting QB was before this past weekend. And the players know inside the QB room.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    mandecajun1

I guess CMD is going with Wooldridge.
    I took that the other way that CMD is going with Fields. Guess we will all find out soon enough.

6. Default Re: Desormeaux has made a decision on his starting QB.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    . Why would you want to announce who the starter is so all our opponents can start game planning?.
    Its none of my business, but if his reason is your reason, I'm suddenly worried about this staff being afraid of its shadow.

Grambling and only Grambling is affected by this NOYB secrecy.

7. Default Re: Desormeaux has made a decision on his starting QB.

Personally I don't want or need to know, but would gladly soak up that info if it were available.

His response raised more questions though.

Does the player know?

Does the team know?

They may practice with more focus if they who their field general is.

Honing in on the tendancy(s) of the QB could help the linemen greatly especially at the start of the season.

There are those who have business knowing.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    No, it's not the donors business either. Why would you want to announce who the starter is so all our opponents can start game planning? Just because you give money doesn't mean you need to know the depth chart weeks in advance.
    It doesn't matter who the QB is. They both are below average SBC quarterbacks. There really is no difference between the 2. So I see why he won't tell us.

9. Default Re: Desormeaux has made a decision on his starting QB.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    It doesn't matter who the QB is. They both are below average SBC quarterbacks. There really is no difference between the 2. So I see why he won't tell us.
    I saw a big difference between Wooldridge and Fields after Wooldridge got hurt.

But I don't expect a much different game plan out of Desormeaux regardless of who is under center.

10. Default Re: Desormeaux has made a decision on his starting QB.

Like that's going to make a difference. No offense to them but it's not exactly like either of them are elite. We knew Levi was the starter when he was here once he had become the starter. We know he's not planning on throwing a curve and starting a freshman so this charade is a waste of time all around.

11. Default Re: Desormeaux has made a decision on his starting QB.

We're less than two weeks from kickoff. There's no edge to be had at this point.

Plenty people here said Levi wasn’t elite when he was here. So if he’s not than there hasn’t been one here since the 90’s. I’m sure the team knows who’s starting by who’s running with the 1’s in practice.

13. Default Re: Desormeaux has made a decision on his starting QB.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    So it’s not anyone’s business, not even the donors, investors etc ? We are as much part of this program now that at any time in history. Keep sending in that money though.
    Not one bit of your business. And who's "making" you send money ? You don't want to donate then don't but you and other "donors" don't run the program. If you were a business owner [and maybe you are], would you put all of your company inside info on the street ? I think I know the answer.

14. Default Re: Desormeaux has made a decision on his starting QB.

It is Ben he was told in a meeting with Des. I thought that was common knowledge.

I just hope he informed Chandler this time before he learns it in a press conference like last year.

15. Default Re: Desormeaux has made a decision on his starting QB.

Quote Originally Posted by babysitter View Post
    Not one bit of your business. And who's "making" you send money ? You don't want to donate then don't but you and other "donors" don't run the program. If you were a business owner [and maybe you are], would you put all of your company inside info on the street ? I think I know the answer.
    What we do know without question is that there are things you can say, and things you can't say, and things you probably shouldn't say.

There is a fine line between keeping fans actively interested and pushing them into just being content to read the Sunday news reports.

It actually being none of my business (which is true) and openly saying its none of my business is probably as bad a move as saying who the opening day quarterback is.

A Sunday news report move at best. He has had all off season to come up with that play call response.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information