Thread: MBB Releases 2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule

1. UL Basketball MBB Releases 2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule

Louisiana men's basketball has announced the non-conference portion of their schedule.

The schedule features eight home games, with four against in-state opponents, along with one exhibition game.

Default Re: Men's Basketball: Men’s Basketball Releases 2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule

I might be in the minority, but this is actually really close to what I’ve been requesting from a basketball schedule. Bare minimum non-D1 games (I’d love zero but just one is not bad). Southland type opponents for the other games. Those games may not be exciting to some, but I find it worth my money. Comparable programs and our team actually gets something from playing them, unlike 99% of the non-D1 games. Well done.

Default Re: Men's Basketball: Men’s Basketball Releases 2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    I might be in the minority, but this is actually really close to what I’ve been requesting from a basketball schedule. Bare minimum non-D1 games (I’d love zero but just one is not bad). Southland type opponents for the other games. Those games may not be exciting to some, but I find it worth my money. Comparable programs and our team actually gets something from playing them, unlike 99% of the non-D1 games. Well done.
    Yes there are a few SLC schools on the schedule. However McNeese is not your normal SLC school these days. Lamar program is also on the way up. The 2 other State schools have been competitive recently. Kent State and La Tech are strong opponents as well. My only concern with the schedule is there may be too many home games. I say that because it likely means it will be difficult to get home games in 25-26. Still this home schedule is something many have asked for.

Thread Information