Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Student Tailgating

Default Student Tailgating

https://x.com/ragincajuns/status/182.458842579?s=46

I’m completely uninformed on this. Does anyone know the way this transpired and what people are upset about specifically?

Default Re: Student Tailgating

Greetingsit's been a while.
    I knew this would reach this board and before it gets blown out of proportion.

This year, in addition to regular student tailgating on the practice field (which remains free), there were also 80 reserved tailgating spots available for purchase. Emails were sent out to students and campus organizations. Several Greek organizations took advantage of the opportunity. Evidently some didn't bother to read their email (if they tell you they didn't get one, be very suspicious.) The spots sold out in 90 minutes.

Now, some are going to X, insta, etc., complaining they're being excluded. Nope. No one was excluded.

In the past, student tailgating was handled by campus. This year, it's being handled by athletics. And, the general student tailgating will be more enhanced than ever before. It
    probably won't please everyone (nothing ever does).

But it's going to be a lot better than it was. Beware those who act butt hurt. My guess it's their own fault.

Thank you. I'll go away now.

Jay

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    https://x.com/ragincajuns/status/182.458842579?s=46

I’m completely uninformed on this. Does anyone know the way this transpired and what people are upset about specifically?
    As i said in the past, why cant we set up tents, chairs, food trucks, vendors, a band and stage , and have the students and the alumni, and fans tailgate all in one area! Set up like a elementary school field day for kids. Why can’t we have it all together.

I really dont care about it being a fraternity being cut, but its about getting all parties involved.

If they were first come first serve for those spots then that should go them, not the greeks, but fact remains we need enhance the area where people just want to tailgate without paying for it, they can pay for it in other ways.

Its like we are we trying to get people not involved.

Duplicate

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    Greetingsit's been a while.
    I knew this would reach this board and before it gets blown out of proportion.

This year, in addition to regular student tailgating on the practice field (which remains free), there were also 80 reserved tailgating spots available for purchase. Emails were sent out to students and campus organizations. Several Greek organizations took advantage of the opportunity. Evidently some didn't bother to read their email (if they tell you they didn't get one, be very suspicious.) The spots sold out in 90 minutes.

Now, some are going to X, insta, etc., complaining they're being excluded. Nope. No one was excluded.

In the past, student tailgating was handled by campus. This year, it's being handled by athletics. And, the general student tailgating will be more enhanced than ever before. It
    probably won't please everyone (nothing ever does).

But it's going to be a lot better than it was. Beware those who act butt hurt. My guess it's their own fault.

Thank you. I'll go away now.

Jay
    I appreciate the information Jay. I saw you commented on Twitter and figured you might know. What is the difference with the 80 spots for purchase and the general student tailgating which is free, i.e. what’s the incentive for paying? Obviously there is some incentive with it selling out in less than 2 hours. I see that it is mainly frat guys that seem upset on Twitter. Sounds like these are a by-game purchase though, so they should be able to purchase for the remaining 5 games if they are serious about participating and not just complaining.

In the past, student tailgating was handled by campus. This year, it's being handled by athletics.
    Jay
    This seems like a big deal (for the better). Hope the Greeks that missed the boat are extended an olive branch in some shape or form, even if it is their own fault.

7. Default Re: Student Tailgating

Greetings

Jay
    Name:  obi-wan-star-wars.gif
Views: 166
Size:  1.28 MB

8. Default Re: Student Tailgating

Thank you for the clarification, Jay.

9. Default Re: Student Tailgating

This sounds like a good thing.

I still don't quite understand why student tailgating has to be so "organized"

Is the admin scared of parties getting too big or out of hand?

And. Here. We. Go.

I am glad to hear student tailgating has new improved amenities and sold out for Gambling. It’s going to be great game!

13. Default Re: Student Tailgating

Quote Originally Posted by SMD7636 View Post
    I am glad to hear student tailgating has new improved amenities and sold out for Gambling. It’s going to be great game!
    Hope it’s super exciting in the 1st quarter then super boring. I get it though.

14. Default on X

Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns®
    @RaginCajuns
    Student Tailgate Spots for Game 1 are officially 𝗦𝗢𝗟𝗗 𝗢𝗨𝗧!

Can't wait to see everyone on August 31st as the Cajuns open up the 2024 Football Season 🤟
    #GeauxCajuns

Script Cajuns
    @ScriptCajuns
    So you sold all the spots and left no room for the fraternity’s to tailgate. Feeling all time record low attendance this year.

Jackson Autin
    @jpa3_13
    So glad all the fraternities got plenty of room to tailgate!!!!

Wameis
    @wameisjinston69
    So the only ppl that are at every game every year aren’t allowed to reserve a spot

Monster Man
    @Monster_Man010
    This is better than the situation the last few years. Wasn’t it all just general tailgate and it was not great? Now the Greeks and students who were proactive actually get spots plus there is a still a general tailgate. Looks like an improvement.

Jay Walker
    @ULCajunsVoice
    Greeks were all informed. Several organizations took advantage of the opportunity. Some didn’t bother to read the email. There will still be general tailgating for students at no charge. Some people just love to point fingers…

Jeff Shelton
    @TheJeffShelton
    FYI, you shouldn't be celebrating this. Expand the area as this should never happen with the lack of attendees at games. Why limit student tailgate spots? SMH at the decision makers here. As a graduate with a Marketing Degree from UL this ain't it.

Cajuns _22
    @cajuns_22
    just trying to wrap my head around on why we decided to admit way too many students to the point we had to rent out hotels for extra housing if you’re not going to let them all tailgate
    i don’t get it

Beer Fridge at ML “Tigue” Moore Field
    @beerfridgeTigue
    This is ridiculous. Just trying to force out greek life as the years go on. Way to tear down a fanbase guys. Something i’ve been apart of since I was a kid will be gone within 10 years. This is terrible.

Mr. Bagene Lover
    @mrbagenelover
    Sold out TO WHOM??? Bagene whole family from India come in for parent weekend U TELL ME WE HAVE NO WHERE TO TAILGATE FOR CAJUNS FOOTBALL GAME?!?!

Tha Couillon
    @thacouillon
    Was the change for getting tailgate arrangements communicated to student organizations or did y’all just drop this out of thin air?

15. Default Re: Student Tailgating

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    As i said in the past, why cant we set up tents, chairs, food trucks, vendors, a band and stage , and have the students and the alumni, and fans tailgate all in one area! Set up like a elementary school field day for kids. Why can’t we have it all together.

I really dont care about it being a fraternity being cut, but its about getting all parties involved.

If they were first come first serve for those spots then that should go them, not the greeks, but fact remains we need enhance the area where people just want to tailgate without paying for it, they can pay for it in other ways.

Its like we are we trying to get people not involved.
    Fraternities mixed in with regular fans is not a good idea. We had it like that years ago and it was very uncomfortable if you were a family with a spot anywhere near one of the fraternities.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information