Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5

Thread: Student Tailgating

1. Default Re: Student Tailgating

Quote Originally Posted by SMD7636 View Post
    I like this idea to invest in more student tailgate amenities. Apparently, the students agree because the spots are sold out and free student tailgating is still an option. Let’s have perspective. Students barely fund athletics in the same manner of our SBC peers do.
    The restrictions the state puts on equal access student support has directly led to this exclusionary option being implemented.

All students eventually get paid back for front porch advertising fees (aka student athletic fees)

Default Re: Student Tailgating

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Spots are free. I had a conversation with someone who works in athletics and here is what is speculated as to what happened. The email was sent out on August 1st. Most current students aren’t checking school emails on August 1st. They are doing things like summer jobs or vacations. The person I spoke to seems to think a bunch of incoming freshmen saw free tailgating and thought this sounds like fun and signed up for it and didn’t even realize they were reserving a spot for the season. He was led to believe this because all the spots were taking so quickly, which has never happened before. It is usually the same suspects who reserve all the spots the fraternities, Chi Alpha, Ragin Cajun Catholics and a few other campus organizations. So if my contacts speculation is accurate you will have a bunch of spots reserved with no one in them.

I do know for a fact that 2 of what are usually the 2 biggest fraternity tailgate groups do not have a spot because they were all reserved.

I am thinking I may offer them my spot for game 1 and tell them to bring loud music beer pong and anything else the university has shut down over the years. We gonna party like it’s 1989.
    That's what I'm talkin baw! FdaU!

3. Default Re: Student Tailgating

. I am thinking I may offer them my spot for game 1 and tell them to bring loud music beer pong and anything else the university has shut down over the years. We gonna party like it’s 1989.
    Awesome

Spots are free. I had a conversation with someone who works in athletics and here is what is speculated as to what happened. The email was sent out on August 1st. Most current students aren’t checking school emails on August 1st. They are doing things like summer jobs or vacations. The person I spoke to seems to think a bunch of incoming freshmen saw free tailgating and thought this sounds like fun and signed up for it and didn’t even realize they were reserving a spot for the season. He was led to believe this because all the spots were taking so quickly, which has never happened before. It is usually the same suspects who reserve all the spots the fraternities, Chi Alpha, Ragin Cajun Catholics and a few other campus organizations. So if my contacts speculation is accurate you will have a bunch of spots reserved with no one in them.

I do know for a fact that 2 of what are usually the 2 biggest fraternity tailgate groups do not have a spot because they were all reserved.

I am thinking I may offer them my spot for game 1 and tell them to bring loud music beer pong and anything else the university has shut down over the years. We gonna party like it’s 1989.
    Can't this school do anything right? August 1st
    Release.brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Release.brilliant.
    I think that was the deadline to renew tailgate spots. So it does make sense.

We have one of the best G5 athletic directors in the country. Trust in Dr Maggard. He does way more with less! Let’s Geaux Cajuns students!

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Release.brilliant.
    Might be the reasoning behind good for one game only reservations.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5

Thread Information