Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Two factors will determine Louisiana's starting QB

1. Default Re: Two factors will determine Louisiana's starting QB

Superbowls have been won with serviceable quarterbacks.

2. Default Re: Two factors will determine Louisiana's starting QB

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Guys, it doesn't matter if they go with Ben or Chandler. Neither one are guys that can elevate our play on the field. Let's be honest, they are both mere serviceable QB's. Nothing more. I'd rather them run out Beale or Lunch. The other 2 are gone next year and aren't gonna take us anywhere. COLD. HARD. TRUTH.
    This guy knows what he’s talking about.

Default Re: Two factors will determine Louisiana's starting QB

Yep and we did it last year with Zeon and guess what happens? They get featured a few times on national tv and money comes flying at them. Guarantee if either of the freshman QBs see any significant time this year and they show flashes like Zeon did last year they are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Yep and we did it last year with Zeon and guess what happens? They get featured a few times on national tv and money comes flying at them. Guarantee if either of the freshman QBs see any significant time this year and they show flashes like Zeon did last year they are gone.
    We can’t be scared to play a Zeon in fear we lose a Zeon, that being said we don’t have a “Zeon” on this years team in the QB room.

That being said, we have a lot of guys back this year and a chance to be pretty good. Why would Des chance any thing at QB position with a “wildcard” player like Lunch or Beale when he has 2 guys with a ____load of experience.

Guys, it doesn't matter if they go with Ben or Chandler. Neither one are guys that can elevate our play on the field. Let's be honest, they are both mere serviceable QB's. Nothing more. I'd rather them run out Beale or Lunch. The other 2 are gone next year and aren't gonna take us anywhere. COLD. HARD. TRUTH.
    Not true at all. You don't know what you are talking about. It takes more than than a QB.
    We haven't had a QB that elevated the play on the field since Blain Gautier, or maybe Terrance Broadway before he was hurt.

Usually agree with your assessments, but totally disagree here. This is the same argument used when Levi was QB and Chandler was a freshman.

We have way too much returning talent to not play the best QB at the moment. Beale or Lunch are not the best QBs at this time. COLD, HARD TRUTH.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    Usually agree with your assessments, but totally disagree here. This is the same argument used when Levi was QB and Chandler was a freshman.

We have way too much returning talent to not play the best QB at the moment. Beale or Lunch are not the best QBs at this time. COLD, HARD TRUTH.
    Agree!
    No way in hell Beale or Lunch see the field as long as Ben and Chandler are available as 1. 2. Or 2. 1. Let’s get it!

Yeah. Those guys have really taken us far. Why mess with this winning formula.

Yeah. Those guys have really taken us far. Why mess with this winning formula.
    The problem is that this is a team game; it is very hard for one player to "take us far". I'm not saying it can't be done, it's just very hard.

IMO, this year we have the most complete "team" we have had since Coach Des has been here. Our top two QBs may not be superman, but they are very, very capable of leading this team to more wins than we have had in the last several years.

I am looking forward to this season and the season beyond.

GEAUX CAJUNS!

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Superbowls have been won with serviceable quarterbacks.
    Never said we couldn't win with them. And yes, you're right, Trent Dilfer was a "serviceable QB", and they won a Super Bowl. . . Albeit with one of the best defenses in NFL history.

And yall are also correct in saying it's a team game, and I never said it wasn't. However, if your QB is only serviceable, you better be DAMN good/dominant in every other aspect. Especially if we're gonna have a double digit win column as someone suggested.

I'm very hopeful this season, as I think our defense will be solid. . . .maybe really good. Good receivers and RB's. It's all gonna come down to our O line. Period.

Never said we couldn't win with them. And yes, you're right, Trent Dilfer was a "serviceable QB", and they won a Super Bowl. . . Albeit with one of the best defenses in NFL history.

And yall are also correct in saying it's a team game, and I never said it wasn't. However, if your QB is only serviceable, you better be DAMN good/dominant in every other aspect. Especially if we're gonna have a double digit win column as someone suggested.

I'm very hopeful this season, as I think our defense will be solid. . . .maybe really good. Good receivers and RB's. It's all gonna come down to our O line. Period.
    I keep reading on here that we should have a "complete" team and a really good defense this season. What's the basis for that outlook? Genuinely curious, as I really haven't followed much regarding the team since the bowl game last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    I keep reading on here that we should have a "complete" team and a really good defense this season. What's the basis for that outlook? Genuinely curious, as I really haven't followed much regarding the team since the bowl game last year.
    Straight from the horses mouth (Des). He has said himself that this is his deepest and most complete team since he’s been here. There are no excuses for mediocrity this year. Not making the SBC championship is a failure imo and I think Des and team feels the same way.

I don't know about that since Des seems to be high on going with upperclassmen no matter what. Zeon wasn't given the keys to start the season even though he had been in the system for a year, took almost all the first team reps all the way up to fall camp, and was far more talented than the other quarterbacks. He would probably still be sitting behind Wooldridge this year. The underclassmen have legitimate shots at starting next year, since we'll have no seniors and virtually no experience at the position to compete against.

14. Default Re: Two factors will determine Louisiana's starting QB

It's all gonna come down to our O line. Period.
    Offensively, I totally agree.

An Offensive Line that buys quality time for the QB can make a servicable quarterback good, and a good quarterback elite.

It all starts with the "Time Machines."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information