Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Two factors will determine Louisiana's starting QB

Default Re: Two factors will determine Louisiana's starting QB

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Thank you for the insider information sir
    I'm just telling you what I was told. I haven't been to any practices nor have I followed the competition. I'm also not a football or any sports insider.

Cajun Fields. I'd put green down on it.

This is all well and good, but we need to control the line of scrimmage again, with authority. We do that, it won't matter who is QB.

Until otherwise shown, I don’t think any of the QBs on our roster at this time worry any of the SBC defensive coordinators. I hope we have a running game that can impose its will to help make the passing game easier.

5. Default Re: Two factors will determine Louisiana's starting QB

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Until otherwise shown, I don’t think any of the QBs on our roster at this time worry any of the SBC defensive coordinators. I hope we have a running game that can impose its will to help make the passing game easier.
    I agree we need an improved running game to be successful this season. In addition, our offense needs to be less predictable and our receivers need to show considerable improvement in running routes, getting separation, and making catches.

As far as the QB position goes, hoping our guys can stay healthy this season. I'm concerned because we haven't seen consistency at QB since LL graduated and the question is do we have the talent at QB to make plays and keep the offense moving.

That is the plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    That is the plan.
    Hope it works, or else another 6-7 season is on the horizon.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    I think CF is the guy and Des knows it, we wont see the duel QBs like we saw 2 seasons ago. Ben will be ready to step in if needed.
    You probably will see both play versus Grambling which I would think we beat by a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    You probably will see both play versus Grambling which I would think we beat by a lot.
    And you’re not going to be able to conclude much about either one vs the opponent.

And you’re not going to be able to conclude much about either one vs the opponent.
    Truth.

I'm not feeling so good about our quarterback room. I'm hoping Lunch gets some time since the two players with more experience are gone after this season and even their experience is limited because of injuries and coaching. I know that's looking forward to next year but we can't be unveiling a brand new look for our stadium with practically no experience at the most important position.

Quote Originally Posted by FeelDaRage View Post
    I'm not feeling so good about our quarterback room. I'm hoping Lunch gets some time since the two players with more experience are gone after this season and even their experience is limited because of injuries and coaching. I know that's looking forward to next year but we can't be unveiling a brand new look for our stadium with practically no experience at the most important position.
    Lunch has missed time in recent workouts. It is either due to a sore shoulder or arm. Don’t recall which. Daniel Beale has taken most of 3rd team reos recently. At least that is what I recall reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Lunch has missed time in recent workouts. It is either due to a sore shoulder or arm. Don’t recall which. Daniel Beale has taken most of 3rd team reos recently. At least that is what I recall reading.
    None of that is good. I hope I’m proven wrong on my negativity towards our offense.

Our QBs are good enough to win. They were not the problem last year and I don't they will be this year. We need to be able to run the ball, pass protect and catch the ball when thrown too. Not to mention, the play calling needs improvement also. We do those things, we can be a really good team. If not, it doesn't matter who the QB is.

Guys, it doesn't matter if they go with Ben or Chandler. Neither one are guys that can elevate our play on the field. Let's be honest, they are both mere serviceable QB's. Nothing more. I'd rather them run out Beale or Lunch. The other 2 are gone next year and aren't gonna take us anywhere. COLD. HARD. TRUTH.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information