Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ltur wish

1. Default Ltur wish

Well they keep adding teams from our conference to play…now Troy…I would hate to have them as we would get closer to being the old GSC with 3 teams just in Louisiana….why not keep our advantage and ULM’s of being in a better conference? And the thoughts of the Ragin Pagin Are?

Default Re: Ltur wish

I just looked up what "Ltur" is and google came back with some b.s. about the topology of Ancient Rome. Pretty sure GSC is the old Gulf States Con

3. Default Re: Ltur wish

Louisiana Tech Up-in Rustin

Right school not quite accurate on the meaning but Im not going there, so my version.

4. Default

My thoughts Boomer.

Play Tech every year in every sport.

Out of Conference.

BSBL is pretty consistent but Football, we need much more.

In state games, more attendance, mo money. And that's what College Football is now. Money. I used to say College Football IS College. Nope, not this, not anymore.

How about this?

Money is the issue here, right?

Convince latech and Tulane to enter into a perpetual scheduling agreement in football where each school plays the other 2 every year on a home and home basis. No payments needed.

It would be our own little, in-state, football conference. We could market the crap out of this. Very little overhead. Fans would love it. Get latech back on the schedule plus a trip to NOLA every other year.

Sign me up.

7. Default Re: Ltur wish

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    How about this?

Convince latech and Tulane to enter into a perpetual scheduling agreement in football where each school plays the other 2 every year on a home and home basis. No payments needed.

It would be our own little, in-state, football conference. We could market the crap out of this. Very little overhead. Fans would love it. Get latech back on the schedule plus a trip to NOLA every other year.

Sign me up.
    Yes, something like this would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Well they keep adding teams from our conference to play…now Troy…I would hate to have them as we would get closer to being the old GSC with 3 teams just in Louisiana….why not keep our advantage and ULM’s of being in a better conference? And the thoughts of the Ragin Pagin Are?
    This sums it up pretty well

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    This sums it up pretty well

That never gets old.

Visited their site a week or so ago where they were discussing their scheduled games with Southern Miss. I forget what year it was scheduled in, but a few of their posters were saying they'd be in the SunBelt by the time that game is played. LoL

How about this?

Sign me up.
    This is good stuff. Hell yea.

LTURd is more accurate

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp View Post
    This is good stuff. Hell yea.
    It would be awesome. I do think that Tulane would probably balk at this thinking it would be beneath them. No matter what Tulane would do, we should definitely pursue a permanent schedule agreement with latech. It would be a financial windfall for both schools.

It would be awesome. I do think that Tulane would probably balk at this thinking it would be beneath them. No matter what Tulane would do, we should definitely pursue a permanent schedule agreement with latech. It would be a financial windfall for both schools.
    Absolutely, just do 5 year contracts at a time

15. Default Re: Ltur wish

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    LTURd is more accurate
    …ok guys….we are the university of Louisiana….Louisiana…we go play in Ruston and we are, against our wishes, called Louisiana Lafayette or ULL……just seems that they are Louisiana Tech University Ruston (ltur) oh yea they want to scoreboard us like so and we do the same…ltur…USM I understand because of conference affiliation call us Louisiana…sorry ltur we have USM to pull for because of conference mates! No more teams from Louisiana in conference…well maybe the greenies! Lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information