Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ltur wish

1. Default Re: Ltur wish

Look, I know I will sound like that jackoff former AD at Tech when I say this, but the SBC is in a great place. If heaven forbid, we lose some teams to another conference and that could happen, we are in a place where I think you would see a number of schools want to join the Belt from the CUSA and possibly other conferences, we are no longer the conference of FCS callups, WKU, MT, La Tech, Liberty, NMSU, FIU and probably UTEP from the CUSA would be teams first on that list to wish they could join. They wouldn't fit the geography, but I think a number of MAC teams would be interested in the conversation and same goes for the MWC. The AAC would make a ton of sense, but I think they still think they have a great nucleus but if they lose a few teams to bigger conferences the leftovers could be looking to jump ship. Say for instance Tulane or ECU get a call to another conference, I think teams like UAB and others would be interested, maybe even a UNT or Rice or others. If the CUSA loses a team to another conference, they have proven what their conference will look like, it will be Delaware, Sam Houston, and others. They got lucky with Liberty and NMSU, but there are no more Liberty or NMSU's available for them. Hell the SBC could even, now afford to lose 2 teams and just stay put rather than go out and jump on the first team that wants to join. We are in a good place, lets just enjoy the moment and say screw any of these guys who want to join us. We can have our pick of that litter when the time comes, but we don't need them now and not for the forseeable future. Just my .02.

Default Re: Ltur wish

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    How about this?

Money is the issue here, right?

Convince latech and Tulane to enter into a perpetual scheduling agreement in football where each school plays the other 2 every year on a home and home basis. No payments needed.

It would be our own little, in-state, football conference. We could market the crap out of this. Very little overhead. Fans would love it. Get latech back on the schedule plus a trip to NOLA every other year.

Sign me up.
    Good idea. I like it.

3. Default Re: Ltur wish

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    How about this?

Money is the issue here, right?

Convince latech and Tulane to enter into a perpetual scheduling agreement in football where each school plays the other 2 every year on a home and home basis. No payments needed.

It would be our own little, in-state, football conference. We could market the crap out of this. Very little overhead. Fans would love it. Get latech back on the schedule plus a trip to NOLA every other year.

Sign me up.
    We are fishing in the same hole. I’ve been suggesting a scheduling alliance like this for some time now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information