Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: SB Catcher

Default Re: SB Catcher

The Cajuns picked up another catcher. Should be announced soon.

2. Default Re: SB Catcher

So, how many catchers does this make for the team? Four?

Quote Originally Posted by Looney Lou View Post
    So, how many catchers does this make for the team? Four?
    I think 4, but that's counting Rowe who will likely be in the infield.

4. Default Re: SB Catcher

Quote Originally Posted by PitBullParadise View Post
    Got Shyanne Irvin (and IF Kennedy Stutes) coming from St. Thomas More. Wonder if the Cajuns will sign all state OF Emma Bailey, who was committed to Northwestern St. under coach Prejean (now at UL).
    Irvin is a decent receiver behind the dish but her bat is very weak. She is a either a homerun or an out type hitter (and right now, it's more outs than homeruns). Lots of power potential with her but she needs help from someone to develop her swing where she is more consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterCajun View Post
    Irvin is a decent receiver behind the dish but her bat is very weak. She is a either a homerun or an out type hitter (and right now, it's more outs than homeruns). Lots of power potential with her but she needs help from someone to develop her swing where she is more consistent.
    Why would we sign someone with a very weak bat? I don't think we would have recruited and signed a player who can't hit.

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    Why would we sign someone with a very weak bat? I don't think we would have recruited and signed a player who can't hit.
    I tend to take the scouting reports of RP posters with a grain of salt.

Not to mention she’s only a senior in HS! She will come to UL with a great pedigree. Playing for a very good travel ball program. Look forward to watching her compete.

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    It's called potential.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterCajun View Post
    Who at STM ____ed in your cheerios?

Quote Originally Posted by PitBullParadise View Post
    Got Shyanne Irvin (and IF Kennedy Stutes) coming from St. Thomas More. Wonder if the Cajuns will sign all state OF Emma Bailey, who was committed to Northwestern St. under coach Prejean (now at UL).
    Emma de commited from NSU and has commited to Creighton. This is a kid in my opinion the Cajuns staff should have landed.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Who at STM ____ed in your cheerios?
    So providing an honest assessment is now considered a knock on someone? Irvin will tell you herself that she is too inconsistent at the plate and needs to improve. And for the poster who said that she is playing for a good travel ball team, how does that improve her swing? Unless she is living in the town where the travel ball team is based and if the team has its own facility, then yes, she can theoretically improve her swing by getting help from someone there who truely understands swing mechanics. But since her team is based out of Houston, she ain't traveling there on a daily basis to work on her swing. I am not aware of anyone here in Lafayette who has the knowledge or ability (other than Lotief) that she can go to in order to improve her swing.

It's called potential.
    In the words of the great high school coach Ted Davidson, the definition of potential is

Potential: You haven't done ____ yet.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatestStory View Post
    In the words of the great high school coach Ted Davidson, the definition of potential is

Potential: You haven't done ____ yet.
    That has been said by plenty of other coaches.

Emma de commited from NSU and has commited to Creighton. This is a kid in my opinion the Cajuns staff should have landed.
    And her dad played here back in the late 90's and was on the World Series team and their family loves the cajuns so that might have been a miss.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    And her dad played here back in the late 90's and was on the World Series team and their family loves the cajuns so that might have been a miss.
    I talk to her dad at least a few times a week. Her uncle also played for the Cajuns.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information