Poll: Should the University use this Logo?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Should the University use this Logo?

Default Re: Should the University use this Logo?

Quote Originally Posted by R1Letterman View Post
    As far as the usl, L, could we see how that font looks with LA? Just curious. Only prob i see with that L is the red helmets look like liberty, and who knows about lafayette leopards comparison, as red looks a little dark as well
    I didnt forget about you lol. I had to get a buddy to edit it

Name:  IMG_9019.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  25.1 KB

Name:  IMG_9021.jpeg
Views: 58
Size:  39.7 KB

I tried this before

Name:  6E87E317-6516-48DC-9360-F130E8BDA9F6.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  145.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    I like this 100x more than the state outline with stacked Ragin Cajuns FB is using this year. But would still prefer simply script Cajuns.

Would make an awesome tailgate flag
    When we purchasing Flags? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    Not about being way cooler its about a consistent non confusing branding message. What flag does Texas have on their unis?
    What Cajuns Script with State Outline flag do residents of Lafayette, Louisiana have rep'n on their front porch? Wait for it. Now we got one.

Unless the University copyrights it i dont think yall be able to do it, Cajuns is trademarked and the fdl! Not unless the University trademarks that logo i dont think you will get a local print shop to make it.

Wow, thats odd. Cajuns are not just a team but a people.
    Is native american or irish trade marked? Ragin cajuns yes though should be.

Quote Originally Posted by R1Letterman View Post
    Wow, thats odd. Cajuns are not just a team but a people.
    Is native american or irish trade marked? Ragin cajuns yes though should be.
    I could be wrong but i am sure that script and that logo are trademarked?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    I could be wrong but i am sure that script and that logo are trademarked?
    Thanks. Makes sense.

Ragin did you not have that factored into your process. Of course it's a concept only. The design can be submitted to the U and could potentially be approved faster than you think.

However, our helmet's arched Ragin Cajuns has never been allowed to print. Literally no one has been able to put the image on Our Own Helmet onto any goods. It may be the only case in College Football history where after 20+ years of being on our helmet, it can't be applied to anything else, still.

You got a great design. It'll be very popular and perfect to rise above some brisket smoke this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp View Post
    Ragin did you not have that factored into your process. Of course it's a concept only. The design can be submitted to the U and could potentially be approved faster than you think.

However, our helmet's arched Ragin Cajuns has never been allowed to print. Literally no one has been able to put the image on Our Own Helmet onto any goods. It may be the only case in College Football history where after 20+ years of being on our helmet, it can't be applied to anything else, still.

You got a great design. It'll be very popular and perfect to rise above some brisket smoke this season.
    Good question who would i submitted to? I submitted to Maggard email, but never got a response sure he has enough on his plate.

I promise you, just like the 10 page paper on fan engagement, or trying to sell Albineaux the Gator. All the years he worked on it he may have had one response from the University. We dealing with the bureaucracy.

Tell me something! i would be down with ****-off. I would be at least be like okay good to know!

Good question who would i submitted to? I submitted to Maggard email, but never got a response sure he has enough on his plate.

I promise you, just like the 10 page paper on fan engagement, or trying to sell Albineaux the Gator. All the years he worked on it he may have had one response from the University. We dealing with the bureaucracy.

Tell me something! i would be down with ****-off. I would be at least be like okay good to know!
    I tagged them on X with your picture. Doubt it helps but at least I tried

Thanks brother!! On the football one?

Tell me something! i would be down with ****-off. I would be at least like okay good to know!
    Hit up a local licensee of our marks, i.e. print shop, banner makers, etc. and they'll give you the info you seek. They'll have direct knowledge of the steps needing to be taken and most importantly put you in touch with the U's p.o.c. for this. I got the green light a couple years back to produce a helmet decal for the Truck, fridge, etc. but the minimum order required was pretty high. But, many production processes have become so automated that you might not run into the same issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp View Post
    Hit up a local licensee of our marks, i.e. print shop, banner makers, etc. and they'll give you the info you seek. They'll have direct knowledge of the steps needing to be taken and most importantly put you in touch with the U's p.o.c. for this. I got the green light a couple years back to produce a helmet decal for the Truck, fridge, etc. but the minimum order required was pretty high. But, many production processes have become so automated that you might not run into the same issue.
    If i do this yall buy some flags lol? P.O.C. ?

point of contact. yea man, get an approved design and then I'd talk to T.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information