Thread: Louisiana Softball Adds Mia Liscano to the 2025 Roster

1. UL Softball Louisiana Softball Adds Mia Liscano to the 2025 Roster

Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Softball head coach Alyson Habetz has announced the addition of rising sophomore infielder Mia Liscano (Austin, Texas) to the program's roster for the 2025 season.

Liscano becomes a Ragin' Cajun following her collegiate debut season last spring at Northwestern State under the guidance of current UL assistant coach Lacy Prejean. She started 47 games at shortstop for the Lady Demons as a freshman.

"We are really excited to have Mia (Liscano) be part of our growing Ragin' Cajuns family," Habetz said. "Mia is a true utility player who will add a tremendous amount of versatility to our lineup both offensively and defensively. Her strong arm and smooth hands make her a solid middle infielder and her versatility from the left side allows her to be a triple threat in the box.

"Mia loves to compete and is a student of the game," Habetz continued. "She and her parents loved Lafayette and the Cajun culture when they came to visit. They are a great fit into our Cajun family."

A product of Austin, Texas based Jack C. Hays High School, Liscano generated five doubles, a triple, drove in 10 and scored 16 runs for NSU in the 2024 season. She led the team with 116 assists, the third most in the Southland Conference.

Liscano's freshman campaign highlights included three multiple-hit games in the span of four games against A&M-Corpus Christi (March 23) and McNeese (March 28-29), going 4-for-6 with two runs scored in the first two games against McNeese. Two weeks later she hit doubles on back-to-back days against would-be NCAA participant Southeastern on April 12-13.

With Liscano's help, the Lady Demons picked up their first win against a Power 5 conference opponent in five years and recorded the largest come-from-behind win in nearly 10 years. She anchored a defense that held opponents to two or fewer runs in nearly half of its games and tossed six shutouts.

Liscano prepped at Hays HS in Buda, Texas south of Austin. A three-time all-district performer, she helped her team to three consecutive playoff appearances in her final three prep seasons.

She picked up Offensive Player of the Year honors for District 26-6A as a junior and was named Defensive Player of the Year for District 25-5A after her senior season. The slick-fielding infielder was also a TGCA All-State selection and named to the Austin Area All-Star team as a senior.

Default Re: Louisiana Softball Adds Mia Liscano to the 2025 Roster

Welcome Mia!

So does this make 7 out, 8 in?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post
    So does this make 7 out, 8 in?
    My count is 9 out, 6 in.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    My count is 9 out, 6 in.
    You would definitely know better. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post
    You would definitely know better. Thanks
    Out:
    Sam Landry
    Brooke Ellestad
    Taylor Roman
    Samantha Graeter
    Alexa Langeliers
    Victoria Valdez
    Lauren Allred
    Chloe Riassetto
    Myhia Davis

In:
    Erin Ardoin
    Sage Hoover
    Tyra Clary
    Bethaney Noble
    Mia Liscano
    Brooke Otto

We lost a whole team!

8. Default Re: Louisiana Softball Adds Mia Liscano to the 2025 Roster

Out:
    Sam Landry
    Brooke Ellestad
    Taylor Roman
    Samantha Graeter
    Alexa Langeliers
    Victoria Valdez
    Lauren Allred
    Chloe Riassetto
    Myhia Davis

In:
    Erin Ardoin
    Sage Hoover
    Tyra Clary
    Bethaney Noble
    Mia Liscano
    Brooke Otto
    I don't think most people were counting Taylor as she did not play this year and was not part of the team per say. I think most assumed she had retired up until she announced she was going to play at another school next season.

9. Default Re: Louisiana Softball Adds Mia Liscano to the 2025 Roster

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    I don't think most people were counting Taylor as she did not play this year and was not part of the team per say. I think most assumed she had retired up until she announced she was going to play at another school next season.
    I agree Dave; I thought she was retired from the sport. I always liked her and thought she would be one of our next all-Americans.

It's better if I just sit back, drink my cold adult beverages and enjoy the game and quit the thinking part!

I do wish her well though!

10. Default Re: Louisiana Softball Adds Mia Liscano to the 2025 Roster

Out:
    Sam Landry
    Brooke Ellestad
    Taylor Roman
    Samantha Graeter
    Alexa Langeliers
    Victoria Valdez
    Lauren Allred
    Chloe Riassetto
    Myhia Davis

In:
    Erin Ardoin
    Sage Hoover
    Tyra Clary
    Bethaney Noble
    Mia Liscano
    Brooke Otto
    2025 will be a massive transition year for this program, and the panic button is going to be hit countless times by fans and naysayers.

What is already clear to me is Coach Habetz was the best hire for this program. The positivity, the grit and her reputation in the softball world and the local community will be very important.

Thread Information