Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Dr. Maggard Radio Interview

Default Re: Dr. Maggard Radio Interview

Quote Originally Posted by KACajun View Post
    Good interview.I just signed up for 'Win With Ten' for football.
    After hearing the interview, I did the same. I did a small lump sum a while back, but now I signed up for WIN with $10 because of this interview and his explanation of the importance of it.
    Dr Maggard explained it well in the interview, if alot of well I know I am, small donors do the win with 10 they can have a consistent budget of NIL money per sport.

For example Dr Maggard states the following(PATH FORWARD) about what is needed for the Krewe Allons NIL collective(Steady Cash flow in order to recruit and retain):

UL Football needs 2000 members of -Win with 10's -240K Annual cash flow
    UL Basketball needs 1000 members of -Win with 10's-120K Annual cash flow
    UL Baseball needs 1000 members of -win with 10's-120K Annual cash flow
    UL Softball needs 1000 members of - win with 10's-120K Annual cash flow

"If we don't we won't" Dr Bryan Maggard

Default Re: Upcoming Dr. Maggard Radio Interview

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Hate to be a wet blanket, but at some point we have to stop and ask ourselves why we're still doing this. If athletics was the front porch of a university and its best marketing tool, perhaps the front porch is too expensive now. Our overall budget is what? Around $36 million? And we're supposed to compete against people throwing over 50% of our budget solely to pay kids to play games. I think everyone in America needs to take an introspective look inward and stop blaming cultural decline on politics and start looking at what we prioritize as a society. The dollars being dumped into sports and entertainment (now with gambling) is insane.
    Exactly. That's why I am out. On top of that throw in the parking nazis and tailgate nazis and it makes going to a game unbearable.

I will listen to the game on the radio while I relax on my deck or work in my garden. The expansion of scholarships is the icing on the cake for me. I still have a hard time figuring out how it's going to work. There are only 11 players for each team on the field at one time. That means everybody else is sitting on the bench. One day the third or fourth deep player may realize I may get in on maybe 5 or 6 plays a game or be a full time bench warmer. If the player is happy with that, then more power to him and it tells me a lot about the type of person he is. Maybe he could get more playing time somewhere else and get just as good of an education. It just looks like a big Ponzi scheme to me.

As much as I despise the NIL and Portal, I decided to donate to the "Win with Ten" program after listening to the interview with Dr. Maggard. For several years I vowed to never donate to any program that would be used to "pay" college athletes. But I have invested in Cajun sports for many years and decided to stick with it for a little while longer to see how this crap plays out. I hope many others will join in to meet Dr. Maggard's goal, so I don't waste the little bit more I will be donating!

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    After hearing the interview, I did the same. I did a small lump sum a while back, but now I signed up for WIN with $10 because of this interview and his explanation of the importance of it.
    Dr Maggard explained it well in the interview, if alot of well I know I am, small donors do the win with 10 they can have a consistent budget of NIL money per sport.

For example Dr Maggard states the following(PATH FORWARD) about what is needed for the Krewe Allons NIL collective(Steady Cash flow in order to recruit and retain):

UL Football needs 2000 members of -Win with 10's -240K Annual cash flow
    UL Basketball needs 1000 members of -Win with 10's-120K Annual cash flow
    UL Baseball needs 1000 members of -win with 10's-120K Annual cash flow
    UL Softball needs 1000 members of - win with 10's-120K Annual cash flow

"If we don't we won't" Dr Bryan Maggard
    Softball needs $500K+ of annual cash flow not $120K.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Well that’s a goal from individual wins with $10 subscriptions small donors. I am sure there are larger NIL lump sum donors to add to that from wealthy individuals and businesses.

Football probably needs like 5 million.

The selection box for Cajuns Football is not appearing after making it my sport designation. Box is blank. Needs some troubleshooting. Safari browser.

I believe in Dr. Maggard. I think he is die hard about a CFP.

Cajuns Football Program.

Good luck! None of these sports are raising that kind of money.

Default Re: Upcoming Dr. Maggard Radio Interview

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    Exactly. That's why I am out. On top of that throw in the parking nazis and tailgate nazis and it makes going to a game unbearable.

I will listen to the game on the radio while I relax on my deck or work in my garden. The expansion of scholarships is the icing on the cake for me. I still have a hard time figuring out how it's going to work. There are only 11 players for each team on the field at one time. That means everybody else is sitting on the bench. One day the third or fourth deep player may realize I may get in on maybe 5 or 6 plays a game or be a full time bench warmer. If the player is happy with that, then more power to him and it tells me a lot about the type of person he is. Maybe he could get more playing time somewhere else and get just as good of an education. It just looks like a big Ponzi scheme to me.

In football, we will stay at 85 scholarships and have 20 walkons. We can't afford the extra 20 scholarships allowed at this stage. We will try to increase the scholarship number for the diamond sports.

The 120 grand no. for softball is just what they show as what could be raised if 1000 people participated in Win With Ten with funds dedicated to that sport. That is a way to get the small donor involved. Remaining requirement will have to come from other events or larger donors. Same goes for all the sports listed. It does appear that the interview may have helped a little based upon reading a few of the folks here are signing up for Win With Ten.

Anyone ask how many individual RCAF members (accounts) exists? Bleeding the same base repeatedly for 10 to win isn’t a recipe for success.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Anyone ask how many individual RCAF members (accounts) exists? Bleeding the same base repeatedly for 10 to win isn’t a recipe for success.
    How do we know it is the same folks? Maybe it’s some new ones also ?

Name:  Cajun Field 1990 v Alabama.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  390.6 KB
    23 days

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp View Post
    Name:  Cajun Field 1990 v Alabama.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  390.6 KB
    23 days
    Are we getting a new scoreboard for football and if so will it be installed before this season?

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    According to the site it's 1,276

15. Default Re: Dr. Maggard Radio Interview

WIN with $10 is beyond tickets

They should use this effort to grow the rolls of the RCAF.

Feeling included is more important than some, arbitray initial threshold.

RCAF needs to get past perk based membersip only.

jmo

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information