Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Dr. Maggard Radio Interview

Default Re: Upcoming Dr. Maggard Radio Interview

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    How many football season tickets have we sold?
    How much money do we have in the NIL collective as of now?
    If Des and UL football has another losing season (3rd one in a row) will it be time to make a coaching change?
    Why can’t we have a P4 come to Cajun Field like ever now when our peers are getting them at home?
    I think #1 and #4 are questions that are answerable questions.

On #2, there is ZERO chance, if I am in Dr Maggard's shoes that I would answer this question. This is extremely competitive-advantage information you are making public. if the number isn't great, your rival schools can use it against you, if the number is great, it provides rivals a number to go use to raise upon and motivate their donor base. Are there peers out there that you can cite that disclose the money their NIL collective has?

On the Des question, what is the value of this question on a hypothetical? If he answers yes, and Chandler plus Ben get hurt in Week 1 and the team wins 5 games with an unproven QB, should he get fired?

Or he answers no, and the teams stays healthy and wins 5 games, should he be retained?

Dr Maggard is the boss for all his head coaches. Every good boss I have had, and my job as a boss, is to publicly back employees and privately scold.

I can almost guarantee you his answer to #3 is that his requirements for a head coach have not changed. He wants to compete for conference championships, recruit well, connect to the student-athletes, etc.

Exactly. This university needs to move past this secrecy for the few. Ask the tough questions! The man asked what should we ask him and we had legit questions then he shut it down. Just wow.
    I didn't shut anything down. I have not talked to Kevin about this in any manner. I have no clue what he will ask. I was told about the interview and what the FOCUS would be by someone in the administration. I simply passed on the information here in the event people want to listen. When I asked what do people suggest be asked, it was in the vein of the purpose of the interview. My responses were simply to whether I think these questions will or will not be asked are based upon the supposed purpose of the conversation. Perhaps some I do not think will be addressed will be touched upon. I do think it would be a good idea for an additional interview on a wider range of topics. Dawson Eiserloh's new show may be a good spot for that to occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I didn't shut anything down. I have not talked to Kevin about this in any manner. I have no clue what he will ask. I was told about the interview and what the FOCUS would be by someone in the administration. I simply passed on the information here in the event people want to listen. When I asked what do people suggest be asked, it was in the vein of the purpose of the interview. My responses were simply to whether I think these questions will or will not be asked are based upon the supposed purpose of the conversation. Perhaps some I do not think will be addressed will be touched upon. I do think it would be a good idea for an additional interview on a wider range of topics. Dawson Eiserloh's new show may be a good spot for that to occur.
    Thanks MIKE.
    I threw 4 questions out maybe 2 will stick.
    Progress.
    Communication with the fans/donors/funders/investors Is Key.

Thanks MIKE.
    I threw 4 questions out maybe 2 will stick.
    Progress.
    Communication with the fans/donors/funders/investors Is Key.
    Did anyone listen to the interview? I picked up things I missed when seeing the presentation in person. I had a friend send me a note saying he found it informative. Hopefully some of you did as well. If you missed it, you can listen to a replay via the On Demand feature found on the 103.7 website. Look for the Foote Notes show.

5. Default Re: Upcoming Dr. Maggard Radio Interview

Thanks for the on demand suggestion

I listened and did find it very informative.

Really enjoyed the interview. As always, Dr Maggard displays what a true professional he is and, I thought, showed a really good grasp of lawsuit and the resulting chaos that is going to ensue.

https://espnsouthwestlouisiana.com/a.h-kevin-foote/

Click on Bryan Maggard Interview.
    It was very informative on how as Dr Maggard states "If we Don't we Won't"
    If we don't all invest in NIL by donating to Krewe Allons, then we will not be able to continue winning championships as we have been. The landscape will really change in 2025 when the P4's will be able to put up $20 million to pay their players. Most G5's including UL just do not have the money for that. We must separate ourselves from the other G5's and put our self in a great position. This is all from the interview.
    It was great.

The landscape will really change in 2025 when the P4's will be able to put up $20 million to pay their players.
    Hate to be a wet blanket, but at some point we have to stop and ask ourselves why we're still doing this. If athletics was the front porch of a university and its best marketing tool, perhaps the front porch is too expensive now. Our overall budget is what? Around $36 million? And we're supposed to compete against people throwing over 50% of our budget solely to pay kids to play games. I think everyone in America needs to take an introspective look inward and stop blaming cultural decline on politics and start looking at what we prioritize as a society. The dollars being dumped into sports and entertainment (now with gambling) is insane.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Hate to be a wet blanket, but at some point we have to stop and ask ourselves why we're still doing this. If athletics was the front porch of a university and its best marketing tool, perhaps the front porch is too expensive now. Our overall budget is what? Around $36 million? And we're supposed to compete against people throwing over 50% of our budget solely to pay kids to play games. I think everyone in America needs to take an introspective look inward and stop blaming cultural decline on politics and start looking at what we prioritize as a society. The dollars being dumped into sports and entertainment (now with gambling) is insane.
    Great Perspective. I have seriously been questioning this personally as well.

Think about it all the app subscriptions, cable/dish tv, internet charges, what you donate to athletics for UL, season tickets, hotel rooms for away games or even home games.
    Gambling on sports.
    I personally spend alot of the above on entertainment sports which is what college sports are now. It is wild.

11. Default Re: Upcoming Dr. Maggard Radio Interview

Amen!

12. Default Re: Upcoming Dr. Maggard Radio Interview

Don't forget about how college itself is one of the most overpriced scams going right now. That look inward needs to focus on that as well as the athletics craziness.

13. Default Re: Dr. Maggard Radio Interview

Good interview.I just signed up for 'Win With Ten' for football.

14. Default Re: Dr. Maggard Radio Interview

it is brilliant marketing and a painless askjust $10 month. cancel your HULU subscription or just dont get McD once a monthSpread the word, we need the masses to succeed. Cajuns can overcome and succeed!

I decided to donate… I love Cajun athletics and willing to put a little more skin in the game…. I also heard the interview and came to this realization, short of having a private investment fund bank rolling us or getting into a bigger conference with a high dollar payout, we will NEVER compete for a national championship at the current D1 level unless the rules change… this is sad but true… NIL and the transfer portal has done much more harm than good to the G5 level.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information