Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Several reasons to believe UL football is ready to contend in 2024

1. UL Football Several reasons to believe UL football is ready to contend in 2024

The pressure is certainly on to produce his first winning season after two nailbiting bowl losses left the Cajuns one win short of that status in Desormeaux’s first two seasons.

Truthfully, though, the goal is much bigger than simply getting to seven wins. The question is, what are the realistic chances of UL truly contending for the Sun Belt West division crown until the end.

Default Re: Several reasons to believe UL football is ready to contend in 2024

This is our best team on paper in 3 years. Hoping we can close the gap! Geaux Cajuns!

Des's first two years have been lackluster to say the least, but the team does look solid on paper.

Also doing some research one thing I noticed was Desormeaux took recruiting very serious this summer.

Since June 1st we've gotten 14 football commits. 6 of who are ranked 3 stars by some recruiting agency according to On3. https://www.on3.com/college/louisian.rison-commits/ . That's good for 2nd in the Sun Belt at the moment and 78th Nationally.

For reference, we were 14th in the Sun Belt and 134th Nationally last year so something has started to click it seems in that department.

I'm concerned about the WR corp and pass blocking. We really stuck to the short passing game for the most part last year and our QB's are having trouble staying healthy and a lot of that is the hits they are taking in the passing game.

I'd like to see us use the TE more consistently, especially with Carter this year and a more unproven group of receivers.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I'm concerned about the WR corp and pass blocking. We really stuck to the short passing game for the most part last year and our QB's are having trouble staying healthy and a lot of that is the hits they are taking in the passing game.

I'd like to see us use the TE more consistently, especially with Carter this year and a more unproven group of receivers.
    I think Legendre will anchor the wr corp. Then you have vets like Cambre and Bernard along with Robert Williams and Harvey Broussard who both showed flashes of what whet were capable of last season. Also Charles Robertson is a year older. I think WR will be fine. Have to worry about pass pro and QB play imo

Name:  campus.jpg
Views: 325
Size:  115.5 KB

31 days

Got my numbers wrong. We are at 16 football commits after missing one and getting another commit today.

Impressive stuff. 16 commits in 2 months!

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    I think Legendre will anchor the wr corp. Then you have vets like Cambre and Bernard along with Robert Williams and Harvey Broussard who both showed flashes of what whet were capable of last season. Also Charles Robertson is a year older. I think WR will be fine. Have to worry about pass pro and QB play imo
    This doesn't even include true freshman rahji Dennis either

Who committed?

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    This doesn't even include true freshman rahji Dennis either
    Yes! He will without a doubt be the fastest player on the field at all times. Hopefully it translates.

Who’s calling the offensive plays? IMO, until that changes, our offense will not live up to its full potential.

I agree about the WR group. I think we're solid there. I think Legendre can be a real game changer.

I like the size of the O lineman coming in. Big nastys

I remember you being high on Bernard last season. Have he worked himself into a starting position?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    I like the size of the O lineman coming in. Big nastys
    More Time Machinery. Hope to see the continuation of Louisiana O-line on Sundays.

[NFL]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information