Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Several reasons to believe UL football is ready to contend in 2024

Default Re: Several reasons to believe UL football is ready to contend in 2024

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaC View Post
    Des's first two years have been lackluster to say the least, but the team does look solid on paper.

Also doing some research one thing I noticed was Desormeaux took recruiting very serious this summer.

Since June 1st we've gotten 14 football commits. 6 of who are ranked 3 stars by some recruiting agency according to On3. https://www.on3.com/college/louisian.rison-commits/ . That's good for 2nd in the Sun Belt at the moment and 78th Nationally.

For reference, we were 14th in the Sun Belt and 134th Nationally last year so something has started to click it seems in that department.
    On3 seems to be more up to speed on things versus 247.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    On3 seems to be more up to speed on things versus 247.
    247 doesn't have time to cover the peeyons like us. They're too busy ____riding the P4

Des's first two years have been lackluster to say the least, but the team does look solid on paper.

Also doing some research one thing I noticed was Desormeaux took recruiting very serious this summer.

Since June 1st we've gotten 14 football commits. 6 of who are ranked 3 stars by some recruiting agency according to On3. https://www.on3.com/college/louisian.rison-commits/ . That's good for 2nd in the Sun Belt at the moment and 78th Nationally.

For reference, we were 14th in the Sun Belt and 134th Nationally last year so something has started to click it seems in that department.
    Recruiting is not a problem at this point. But in order to keep those commitments on lockdown success has to transfer to the field in wins.

Got my numbers wrong. We are at 16 football commits after missing one and getting another commit today.

Impressive stuff. 16 commits in 2 months!
    OL Jayden McAllister 6-5,300 from Hightower HS, Missouri City TX and WR Evan Stroman 6-4, 200 from Spring Westfield HS are missing from the list.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    OL Jayden McAllister 6-5,300 from Hightower HS, Missouri City TX and WR Evan Stroman 6-4, 200 from Spring Westfield HS are missing from the list.
    6’ 6” 330 lbs OL Tyler Folmar just committed too.

This class is FULL of hogs!

6. Default Re: Several reasons to believe UL football is ready to contend in 2024

Success begins and ends with the on the OL/DL "Time Machines"

Defensive Time Machines speed time, up.

Offensive Time Machines slow time down.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Recruiting is not a problem at this point. But in order to keep those commitments on lockdown success has to transfer to the field in wins.
    Definitely need better offense than what was showed vs Jacksonville State to conclude the season. I don’t know if it was the play calling or execution, but that was a disaster after all the defense did.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Success begins and ends with the on the OL/DL "Time Machines"

Defensive Time Machines speed time, up.

Offensive Time Machines slow time down.
    I like it!

The more I think about it the more I am cautiously optimistic for the upcoming season. Hard to gauge other Sun Belt schools at this time due to many teams high player turnover but we could contend for a conference championship. Hopefully it is time for Dez to shine.

10. Default Re: Several reasons to believe UL football is ready to contend in 2024

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunchuck View Post
    The more I think about it the more I am cautiously optimistic for the upcoming season. Hard to gauge other Sun Belt schools at this time due to many teams high player turnover but we could contend for a conference championship. Hopefully it is time for Dez to shine.
    Sums it up for me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    6’ 6” 330 lbs OL Tyler Folmar just committed too.

This class is FULL of hogs!
    Robert Hunt and K Dot getting paid this off season can't hurt o line recruiting

Doesn't hurt. That's pretty obvious. But, how much does it help?

13. Default Re: Several reasons to believe UL football is ready to contend in 2024

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    Robert Hunt and K Dot getting paid this off season can't hurt o line recruiting
    …can you name the rest of the OLs that went to the pros from UL?.Nelson this year and the North La kid last year!

14. Default Re: Several reasons to believe UL football is ready to contend in 2024

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    …can you name the rest of the OLs that went to the pros from UL?.Nelson this year and the North La kid last year!
    Max Mitchell

After tomorrow, four more Saturdays. I’m ready.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information