Thread: The Fleur De Lis & Albineaux

1. Default The Fleur De Lis & Albineaux

This design is actually really important to me because I’ve been trying to figure out how to incorporate Albineaux into our now iconic fleur de lis logo for the past year.

It’s also important because the fleur de lis logo had to bend so much to make Cayenne work, that’s how we got the hot wheels logo. With Al I want it to be the other way around.

I remember a few people talking about how the design could be made in a previous thread but couldn’t remember which one. So, tell me what y’all think?

Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Re: The Fleur De Lis & Albineaux

That looks great. Good job.

Quote Originally Posted by CouillonCinema View Post
    This design is actually really important to me because I’ve been trying to figure out how to incorporate Albineaux into our now iconic fleur de lis logo for the past year.

It’s also important because the fleur de lis logo had to bend so much to make Cayenne work, that’s how we got the hot wheels logo. With Al I want it to be the other way around.

I remember a few people talking about how the design could be made in a previous thread but couldn’t remember which one. So, tell me what y’all think?
    Love it! Very FIERCE!

Yeah i feel like it would make an excellent alternate logo, no doubt who the mascot represents

5. Default Re: The Fleur De Lis & Albineaux

That is the perfect font for that icon

Love it! You've finally won me over. We need this to happen now.

He needs a big Fleur de lis chain lol.

Guys, just come out and say it.

Y'all want to change our nickname to the Gators.

It's like when someone you know is a certain way, and everyone around them can tell, but they are the last one to admit it to themselves.

I like Al as a mascot, and all of the Albineaux images, but I don't think we should introduce any FDL variants with the gator. Looks like a logo that a AAA ball club would use.

10. Default Re: The Fleur De Lis & Albineaux

This I can get down with

Ragin' Cajuns Re: The Fleur De Lis & Albineaux

That looks like a GREAT helmet logo without the lettering.

12. Default Re: The Fleur De Lis & Albineaux

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Love it! You've finally won me over. We need this to happen now.
    Happy to have you apart of the movement brother! Let’s make history ��

13. Default Re: The Fleur De Lis & Albineaux

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    I like Al as a mascot, and all of the Albineaux images, but I don't think we should introduce any FDL variants with the gator. Looks like a logo that a AAA ball club would use.
    I understand what you’re saying. Although that’s not my intention, I find it’s important to create an army of images that fans can display Albineaux in ways that they feel the proudest or relate to the most. What looks bad to you might invigorate another fan. The next image of Tee Al might do the opposite. The main point being there is no one single image of the mascot.

That is actually another one of my Cayenne critiques. You can only make a pepper look cool in so many ways. An alligator on the other hand offers a much wider range of image possibilities. These possibilities create a stronger brand. And in todays college athletics, branding is as important as ever.

Every image variant of the character can accomplish the same thing, pride in the University of Louisiana.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Guys, just come out and say it.

Y'all want to change our nickname to the Gators.

It's like when someone you know is a certain way, and everyone around them can tell, but they are the last one to admit it to themselves.

Not sure if you are being serious or just kidding. We will always be the Ragin Cajuns, no matter what our mascot is or looks like. I mean you wouldn't call the Akron Zips the Kangaroos just because they have a kangaroo as a mascot. And I'm not sure what the Big Red Dot at Western Kentucky is supposed to represent, but that is their mascot. But they are known as the Hilltoppers.

The Albineaux gator is an awesome idea. I was so against it at first because it was a gator used by another college, but I have converted. I really thought the pepper was a good idea also. It was original, like the "Ragin Cajuns". But some of the drawings and ideas associated with Albineaux have really been well thought out. It's a shame our university officials have not acted on this idea yet.

To me this is all about moving forward and improving the quality of Ragin Cajun athletics. We need to stop being trapped in the box we need to move forward not back.

Thread Information