Thread: Habetz adds 6 after losing 7

1. UL Softball Habetz adds 6 after losing 7

After losing seven key members of last season’s NCAA Lafayette regional finals squad after the departure of coach Gerry Glasco to Texas Tech, the UL Ragin’ Cajuns have replenished their roster with six transfer portal signees, including three new pitchers.

Default Re: Habetz adds 6 after losing 7

It's going to be an interesting fall for softball!

6 total pitchers.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    It's going to be an interesting fall for softball!

6 total pitchers.
    I can't argue with that. It is likely that one or more of those pitchers leaves after fall ball, or that Wheeler or Noble redshirts. I hope that the latter is true, as that would leave us with Hoover, Noble and Wheeler for 2026.

Best case scenario for us is that our returnees and Clary all produce as was predicted when we signed them, and that Hoover returns to her 2023 form after redshirting last year. If that happens, in my opinion we are in good shape, at least as far as getting to 40 wins and winning the conference.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    I can't argue with that. It is likely that one or more of those pitchers leaves after fall ball, or that Wheeler or Noble redshirts. I hope that the latter is true, as that would leave us with Hoover, Noble and Wheeler for 2026.

Best case scenario for us is that our returnees and Clary all produce as was predicted when we signed them, and that Hoover returns to her 2023 form after redshirting last year. If that happens, in my opinion we are in good shape, at least as far as getting to 40 wins and winning the conference.
    Agree! I hope Delbry can get back to a higher level as well. I'd like to think she's going to work hard to improve being her last year of eligibility. Maybe Sunseri can move the needle for her and Sam Ryan. According to our former coach, Sam Ryan had the best fall ERA of the group but that didn't translate to the season.

Looking forward to going to the open practices and scrimmages this fall.

UL Softball Re: Habetz adds 6 after losing 7

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Agree! I hope Delbry can get back to a higher level as well. I'd like to think she's going to work hard to improve being her last year of eligibility. Maybe Sunseri can move the needle for her and Sam Ryan. According to our former coach, Sam Ryan had the best fall ERA of the group but that didn't translate to the season.

Looking forward to going to the open practices and scrimmages this fall.
    I have a good feeling about Ms. Ryan. Our former coach told me she was a really hard worker. I felt all of last season that Ryan and Delbrey should have had more innings; I understand that our very slow start made that hard to do. Hopefully Ms. Sunseri can help them all improve.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    I have a good feeling about Ms. Ryan. Our former coach told me she was a really hard worker. I felt all of last season that Ryan and Delbrey should have had more innings; I understand that our very slow start made that hard to do. Hopefully Ms. Sunseri can help them all improve.
    I agree about Ryan. Don’t think Glasco gave her much of a chance at all.

Thread Information