Thread: Mark Stoops on CFB Unrestricted Free Agency

Default Mark Stoops on CFB Unrestricted Free Agency

Footballscoop.com: Mark Stoops: "I don't know how long I can take dealing with what I've dealt with."

“I have 100 free agents every six months,” the veteran head coach shared with On3.
    Instead of reining in transfer portal rules, programs are ballooning their staffs to create NFL-like GM roles and support roles just to manage rosters. Something is going to have to give.

Default Re: Mark Stoops on CFB Unrestricted Free Agency

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Footballscoop.com: Mark Stoops: "I don't know how long I can take dealing with what I've dealt with."

Instead of reining in transfer portal rules, programs are ballooning their staffs to create NFL-like GM roles and support roles just to manage rosters. Something is going to have to give.
    Yearly roster management is key for all levels, but vital for G5's.

Default Re: Mark Stoops on CFB Unrestricted Free Agency

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post

They've already opened Pandora's box. Imagine the lawsuits from student-athletes if any regulations are imposed on the current fiasco in college sports. I can see it now: student-athletes suing the NCAA because they can no longer make the same income as previous athletes.

4. Default Re: Mark Stoops on CFB Unrestricted Free Agency

Maybe statistics profs could help out

5. Default Re: Mark Stoops on CFB Unrestricted Free Agency

I can only imagine what the poor man is going through making $24,100 a day coaching kids to play a game. He must be miserable.

Thread Information