Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Desormeaux details the Cajuns' QB situation

Default Re: Desormeaux details the Cajuns' QB situation

Quote Originally Posted by Big Tyme View Post
    I am certainly in no position to comment on recruiting, etc. It seemed like we had the guys needed to be better but the coaching decisions, especially in game, were the weak points.
    I've seen three areas that must improve. 1) Playing 3 QB's last season was never a good recipe for consistency although all of them played well at times. 2) Play calling in the fourth quarter and a in consistent running game simply has to improve. 3) The defense played too soft on 3rd down, especially 3rd and long.

I listened to an interview with K.C. Ossai during the SBC Media Day. He stated at times last year they (the defense) didn't always know what they were doing, especially on 3rd down. So, that tells me our last DC was over his head.

On the offensive side, the OL needs to stay healthy and Des needs to learn from his first two years of calling plays. If he remains hardheaded at times, then we will see more of the same. This conference has improved every year in depth, you can't continue to make the same mistakes and expect to win.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun77 View Post
    While I certainly understand the importance of having a battery of capable QB's available, what does the Cajuns OL situation look like?
    I agree. Our protection was so bad last season this is what should be focused on more

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    OL has 4 starters returning plus Fordham kid who played center in latter part of season. They should be improved. Agree that success of that unit will be key. Especially so since Dez wants to average 30 rushing plays per game. If they do that, passing game will have less pressure on it.
    I hope so because we were poor there last season

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I've seen three areas that must improve. 1) Playing 3 QB's last season was never a good recipe for consistency although all of them played well at times. 2) Play calling in the fourth quarter and a in consistent running game simply has to improve. 3) The defense played too soft on 3rd down, especially 3rd and long.

I listened to an interview with K.C. Ossai during the SBC Media Day. He stated at times last year they (the defense) didn't always know what they were doing, especially on 3rd down. So, that tells me our last DC was over his head.

On the offensive side, the OL needs to stay healthy and Des needs to learn from his first two years of calling plays. If he remains hardheaded at times, then we will see more of the same. This conference has improved every year in depth, you can't continue to make the same mistakes and expect to win.
    This.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information