Thread: ‘24 Olympics

Default ‘24 Olympics

Nothing says international competition like the USA men’s soccer team stinking it up in a 3-0 loss to France. Throw in the Morocco v Argentina overtime circus, the Olympics have started.

Default Re: ‘24 Olympics

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Nothing says international competition like the USA men’s soccer team stinking it up in a 3-0 loss to France. Throw in the Morocco v Argentina overtime circus, the Olympics have started.
    It all starts a few days earlier than the opening ceremonies. The team competitions take the length of the games.

The US soccer team has never in their history been competitive in major international competition. Crazy to think about.

3. Default Re: ‘24 Olympics

I know it is not Olympic related, but it is Olympic adjacent, but have you guys noticed that last month Lafayette hosted the US National Championships of Karate and in August we will be hosting the US National Championships of Women's Boxing in the CajunDome. I know these are fringe sports, but Lafayette getting to host these fairly prestigious competitions is a good thing for the city.

Personally I’m just looking forward to the newest Olympic sport of break dancing…

US Soccer needs a complete reset. It has been terribly mismanaged for a long time.

Thread Information