Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: OT Canady to Texas Tech

Default Re: OT Canady to Texas Tech

This saga just got more interesting.

Is it that far fetched to think that $ was there and she was in the mix to go to Tech before Glasco decided to leave?

The guy just got an absolute build from scratch to a top 10 team in a month without throwing a pitch.

Pillaged our players, sure. But this just seems gross from a college sports fan standpoint. Regardless of how it happened.

…on the other hand.

Remember when Glasco got Kleist to come to UL? They actually played that year and had like 10 top 10 wins even before Covid.

The lost season.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    …on the other hand.

Remember when Glasco got Kleist to come to UL? They actually played that year and had like 10 top 10 wins even before Covid.

The lost season.
    Mike Roberts got Megan to come to UL, not Glasco.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    To all who criticized Glascos move (and, if I remember correctly, some criticizing his character)…does this change your opinion?
    It's all about him. Narcissist!

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    This saga just got more interesting.

Is it that far fetched to think that $ was there and she was in the mix to go to Tech before Glasco decided to leave?

The guy just got an absolute build from scratch to a top 10 team in a month without throwing a pitch.

Pillaged our players, sure. But this just seems gross from a college sports fan standpoint. Regardless of how it happened.
    It's effing horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Mike Roberts got Megan to come to UL, not Glasco.
    Ok.

Glasco as still the head coach. She was here. The season was tending to be an incredible successful.

Just don’t know if I can continue to follow college sports. I am trying but it’s just so unfair now.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: OT Canady to Texas Tech

Buying players is not a new development. The transfer portal is. 50 years ago teams were buying recruits; but then they stayed bought. The transfer portal changed that. Now the teams with the most money can not only buy the best recruits, they can now raid their peers for the best proven players.

As for the ROI for whoever puts up the money, think about this: If Patrick Mahomes did pay the $1,000,000 for Canady, he likely bought a Natty for his alma mater by donating about .005 of his current contract. That is like a guy making $100k donating $500.

I would certainly donate twice that % of my annual income if it would practically guarantee a Natty in ANY sport for UL. So would most of you. It is all a matter of perspective.

I hate the portal, and I really hate the poorly named NIL; but it isn't going away, and I can't be mad about someone else using both to the best of their ability.

It is even somewhat refreshing to see a school like Texas Tech land her instead of a school like OU, Texas or Alabama.

Buying players is not a new development, but buying players in softball very much is. This could change everything for the game. Will be interesting how the SEC (and others) respond.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSID View Post
    Buying players is not a new development, but buying players in softball very much is. This could change everything for the game. Will be interesting how the SEC (and others) respond.
    They responded by not putting up that kind of money for her.

Quote Originally Posted by ljr3721 View Post
    I bet the rest of the team will be just thrilled to know that a teammate putting in the same amount of work is making a million dollars. I'll go out on a limb and predict a major implosion.
    We will see if they have locker room issues. Gerry wasn't good with controlling drama. Get out your popcorn.

12. Default Re: OT Canady to Texas Tech

They responded by not putting up that kind of money for her.
    They were probably caught flat footed with no time to respond.

We will see if they have locker room issues. Gerry wasn't good with controlling drama. Get out your popcorn.
    What the money does is create egos. Softball coaches don’t have the experience in this b/c it’s never happened (a player making more money than them).

His roster is not a World Series roster. But he has a World Series #1 arm. Will be an interesting follow.

14. Default Re: OT Canady to Texas Tech

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    They were probably caught flat footed with no time to respond.
    They were all aware of the money that TT was offering Canady. The offer had been out for a few weeks prior to her accepting.

15. Default Re: OT Canady to Texas Tech

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hemphill View Post
    They were all aware of the money that TT was offering Canady. The offer had been out for a few weeks prior to her accepting.
    "Knowing" and not, having the ability to counter offer is being caught flat footed

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information