Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: OT Canady to Texas Tech

Default Re: OT Canady to Texas Tech

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    To all who criticized Glascos move (and, if I remember correctly, some criticizing his character)…does this change your opinion?
    Anyone can recruit with an open suitcase. TT was willing to pay more than others. $$$ wins out most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSID View Post
    Every little league dad in America just told their daughter to grab their mitt b/c it’s time to go to work!
    Err travel ball dad, and it was lets go to store and buy a more expensive mitt

Quote Originally Posted by bbhstiger5 View Post
    That’s the way it still should be. Priorities are backwards these days.
    But thought at least the likes of stanford could sustain higher, yikes

4. Default Re: OT Canady to Texas Tech

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Yep. I mentioned this a few weeks ago that TT was a candidate. The pressure is on Glasco now to win it all. Chloe will not pitch much.
    They now have Canady, Chloe, and three incoming freshman. Chloe should be #2 and will have her opportunities. Canady will not pitch every game until they get to postseason.

Patrick Mahomes and the other big investor will want a return on that investment. He better produce.
    That’s kinda what I’m getting at. Will a softball national title provide a return on a million dollar investment (actually more than that since other players are also involved)?

There’s no way outside of some morons with more money than sense feel good about themselves for buying a national title in a minor college sport.

Which is what I meant by it making no financial sense whatsoever….and being stupid

Millions of dollars to pay the players. But i hope they also chip in for the increase in banner and rings cost, can they afford to win- signed martin hall

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    That’s kinda what I’m getting at. Will a softball national title provide a return on a million dollar investment (actually more than that since other players are also involved)?

There’s no way outside of some morons with more money than sense feel good about themselves for buying a national title in a minor college sport.

Which is what I meant by it making no financial sense whatsoever….and being stupid
    Anybody got any idea how much our former players got for transferring to TT?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunsSball22 View Post
    They now have Canady, Chloe, and three incoming freshman. Chloe should be #2 and will have her opportunities. Canady will not pitch every game until they get to postseason.
    Canady will pitch every Friday and Sunday for conference and all big games out of conference. Pressure is on Glasco now. He basically must win a title in the next two years to have folks feel like they got a ROI. If Canady gets injured then TT is a regional only team. If everyone stays healthy they are a title contender.

Anyone can recruit with an open suitcase. TT was willing to pay more than others. $$$ wins out most of the time.
    And glasco made a smart move

To all who criticized Glascos move (and, if I remember correctly, some criticizing his character)…does this change your opinion?
    I bet the rest of the team will be just thrilled to know that a teammate putting in the same amount of work is making a million dollars. I'll go out on a limb and predict a major implosion.

And glasco made a smart move
    The move he made in all fairness is he is setting his daughter up to be the head coach at a P4. Once he retires she is next in line to take his place. That was part of the hiring deal. That's if he is still employed with TT at time of retirement.

Quote Originally Posted by ljr3721 View Post
    I bet the rest of the team will be just thrilled to know that a teammate putting in the same amount of work is making a million dollars. I'll go out on a limb and predict a major implosion.
    I had another poster on this board and a die hard softball Cajun fan tell me that also.

If nil comes from a business it really seams as if stakeholders and shareholders should be able to sue if no return is shown

Quote Originally Posted by R1Letterman View Post
    If nil comes from a business it really seams as if stakeholders and shareholders should be able to sue if no return is shown
    Who has the real power Glasco or the boosters?

Who has the real power Glasco or the boosters?
    Good question.
    Better question is in the future will there be any coaches left from the old school grow the sport roll up your sleeves mindset, or just money people from here on out?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information