Thread: College Baseball's Golden Age is About to Become a thing of the Past

Default College Baseball's Golden Age is About to Become a thing of the Past

"The days of college baseball programs being relegated to 11.7 scholarships are about to become a distant memory.

The winds of change are constant around college athletics now. Still, one thing we know for sure is that with the NCAA’s landmark House case settlement, the landscape of athletics in general, and specifically baseball, is about to change forever."

https://d1baseball.com/ncaa/college-.ships-nearing/

Default Re: College Baseball's Golden Age is About to Become a thing of the Past

Default Re: College Baseball's Golden Age is About to Become a thing of the Past

Should drop Basketball and use the money for Baseball schollys

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    Sign me up, Scotty!

I would vote in favor of this.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    "The days of college baseball programs being relegated to 11.7 scholarships are about to become a distant memory.

The winds of change are constant around college athletics now. Still, one thing we know for sure is that with the NCAA’s landmark House case settlement, the landscape of athletics in general, and specifically baseball, is about to change forever."

https://d1baseball.com/ncaa/college-.ships-nearing/
    I hear that.

Our A.D. now holds the title of Vice President for Intercollegiate Athletics.

This is big business. Hell, I'm in the Oilfield but I don't own an Oil company. My support is negligible to this enterprise. Must get Acadiana (and foreign) entities interested in Cajuns Football/Baseball et al from within.

Spectacular facilities, well over a century of Alum, a great town and one P4 from Louisiana. Officially a very good mid-major in one hell of a rising conference. A new Swamp, an extended College Football playoff, elimination of a disasterous branding and mascot era, LFG. Hard core black Louisiana Alligators with no names holding down a Swamp in the heart of campus. A bell tower we need to sync with AC/DC Hells Bells in the SEZ, couple Conference Championship banners to hang and the cheapest beer in College Football.

Yep. It can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp View Post
    I hear that.

Our A.D. now holds the title of Vice President for Intercollegiate Athletics.

This is big business. Hell, I'm in the Oilfield but I don't own an Oil company. My support is negligible to this enterprise. Must get Acadiana (and foreign) entities interested in Cajuns Football/Baseball et al from within.

Spectacular facilities, well over a century of Alum, a great town and one P4 from Louisiana. Officially a very good mid-major in one hell of a rising conference. A new Swamp, an extended College Football playoff, elimination of a disasterous branding and mascot era, LFG. Hard core black Louisiana Alligators with no names holding down a Swamp in the heart of campus. A bell tower we need to sync with AC/DC Hells Bells in the SEZ, couple Conference Championship banners to hang and the cheapest beer in College Football.

Yep. It can happen.
    I've been doing some research on "Tigue" Moore and you would be shocked with the number of times he appeared in the Daily Advertiser. He was, almost daily, in the newspaper in a picture with some organization giving money to USL. Not many people remember that he was the Foundation director for a while, and his ability to seek donations and promote this to the community was unmatched since he left.

This is something we dearly miss.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajuns1 View Post
    I've been doing some research on "Tigue" Moore and you would be shocked with the number of times he appeared in the Daily Advertiser. He was, almost daily, in the newspaper in a picture with some organization giving money to USL. Not many people remember that he was the Foundation director for a while, and his ability to seek donations and promote this to the community was unmatched since he left.

This is something we dearly miss.
    Would the now POS rag called the Daily Advertiser even give publicity to anything Maggard does in the community?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Would the now POS rag called the Daily Advertiser even give publicity to anything Maggard does in the community?
    When he talks about his fond memories of the SEC

How will softball having less than baseball square up title 9 issues?

Thanks but no thanks

Agree we need to fund the baseball scholarships. Wondering if the NCAA will reduce number of required D-1 sports carried by each member in near future so more funding can be shifted to major sports? Cajun baseball, softball, and even football have future shot at making their respective CWS/CFP. Athletics needs to fully fund them. Men's basketball needs fixing, not axed. Also wonder where the SBC will stand with its members on minimum scholarships offered per sport?

Bwahahayou make sense BUT. thinks ncaa wants the system to work for everybody

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Thanks but no thanks
    Ive long ago said make the number cumulative let each school choose which sport to allocate how many

Thread Information