Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2025 Baseball Starting Lineup (thoughts)

UL Baseball 2025 Baseball Starting Lineup (thoughts)

I know this question was brought up during the season, but I wonder if any opinions have changed. Who do you guys see replacing deBarge

Default Re: 2024 Baseball Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    I know this question was brought up during the season, but I wonder if any opinions have changed. Who do you guys see replacing deBarge
    He healthy Cuff has the edge, then Ardoin and Markle. Fall competition will be fun to watch. If more than one is having a good fall, you could see someone slide over to 3rd base because the Cajuns are really young at that position.

Griffen or Owen at SS. Cuff at 3B

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    He healthy Cuff has the edge, then Ardoin and Markle. Fall competition will be fun to watch. If more than one is having a good fall, you could see someone slide over to 3rd base because the Cajuns are really young at that position.
    I think it'll be Cuff as well. You're right, it's gonna be fun!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    I think it'll be Cuff as well. You're right, it's gonna be fun!
    Does anyone have a clue on Cuff's defense? Very big body to play shortstop. If he can do it that's a major league build, but not many can do it.

Quote Originally Posted by MWolf View Post
    Does anyone have a clue on Cuff's defense? Very big body to play shortstop. If he can do it that's a major league build, but not many can do it.
    See post #3

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Griffen or Owen at SS. Cuff at 3B
    As per Coach Deggs earlier this month at a Diamond Club meeting, Cuff will be at SS to begin the fall because the staff believes his athleticism will carry well there as a former HS QB. Ardoin and Markle will join him there in competition this fall.

At 3B will be Dobson, Gault and Bellard to start the fall. Blaine Lucas will be at 2nd and they are really high on him.

8. Default Re: 2024 Baseball Transfer Portal

See post #3
    He "has the edge" doesn’t really answer MWolf's question.

As per Coach Deggs earlier this month at a Diamond Club meeting, Cuff will be at SS to begin the fall because the staff believes his athleticism will carry well there as a former HS QB. Ardoin and Markle will join him there in competition this fall.

At 3B will be Dobson, Gault and Bellard to start the fall. Blaine Lucas will be at 2nd and they are really high on him.
    I know Blaines dad Scott very well. Yes I believe he could start as a freshman at 2B. Cuff may begin the fall at SS I just don't think he will start the spring at SS. They will get it all figured out in fall ball and spring pre season.

I know Blaines dad Scott very well. Yes I believe he could start as a freshman at 2B. Cuff may begin the fall at SS I just don't think he will start the spring at SS. They will get it all figured out in fall ball and spring pre season.
    That's why I stated he will start out the fall there, Ardoin is pretty good defensively from what I've been told. I could very well see Cuff at 3rd over a group of true freshmen, but that would be because both hit well and Ardoin is the better fielder. That will be fun to watch.

That's why I stated he will start out the fall there, Ardoin is pretty good defensively from what I've been told. I could very well see Cuff at 3rd over a group of true freshmen, but that would be because both hit well and Ardoin is the better fielder. That will be fun to watch.
    I just think Cuff projects better at 3B. I agree will be fun too watch. I just know pre fall ball projected lineups very rarely end up being the opening day lineup.

I just think Cuff projects better at 3B. I agree will be fun too watch. I just know pre fall ball projected lineups very rarely end up being the opening day lineup.
    And the opening day lineup is NEVER the postseason lineup

True, and that's why it's way too early to project a starting lineup with all the competition at different positions this fall. Outside of Torres, Higgs and Stelly, I don't feel safe in projecting anyone as starters at this point.

True, and that's why it's way too early to project a starting lineup with all the competition at different positions this fall. Outside of Torres, Higgs and Stelly, I don't feel safe in projecting anyone as starters at this point.
    I’d feel pretty confident that, barring injury of course, Lee Amedee will be at 1B

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    I’d feel pretty confident that, barring injury of course, Lee Amedee will be at 1B
    I agree, but he will be there competing against Yuhasz as well. Yuhasz has the flexibility to play RF as well. Amedee doesn't really have another position. Both can DH as well. His bat will certainly be in the lineup at times somewhere.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information