Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Tyra Clary Inbound

Default Re: Tyra Clary Inbound

Quote Originally Posted by Looney Lou View Post
    I just read an old Advocate article (7-12-24) that says the Coaches are looking for 3 pitchers, two infielders and 1 catcher. So far, we have two infielders, and two pitchers from the Portal. Is that it? Are we done scrounging the Portal??? Our Roster shows 16 freshmen and returnees. That would give us 20 on the Roster. Will we get two more and make the Roster of 22?
    On a second question, is the Portal closed to our players? Is the 30 day open door to enter the Portal over?
    What two infielders do they have from the portal? I only know of two pitchers, one infielder and one outfielder.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    With the two transfers, one incoming freshman and two senior returnees, we have a 5 pitcher staff now, along with a really good pitching coach. I think we are good there.

We have an adequate number of outfielders with the returnees, though it would be nice to have a bit more power hitting there.

In fact, we need more power hitting everywhere. Only 3 returning players had ANY HR last year. Those 3 combined for 22. Whoever we get for a primary catcher should help there, and a couple of the incoming freshmen have good power, if it translates to the college game.
    We have some question marks with pitching, catching and middle of the lineup pop. We will need some freshmen to be major contributors, which is not the norm these days.

And yet I still believe this team/new staff will find a way.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSID View Post
    We have some question marks with pitching, catching and middle of the lineup pop. We will need some freshmen to be major contributors, which is not the norm these days.

And yet I still believe this team/new staff will find a way.
    This is the coach softball fans and the administration wanted from the beginning of the process of finding the new coach to direct the program. Trust her to get athletes that want to play here in her system and let the staff do their job.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    This is the coach softball fans and the administration wanted from the beginning of the process of finding the new coach to direct the program. Trust her to get athletes that want to play here in her system and let the staff do their job.
    I fully believe she will do so. Do not mistake my observations for anything other than observations; I am certainly not criticizing the staff. If that was the impression I was giving, I apologize.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    What two infielders do they have from the portal? I only know of two pitchers, one infielder and one outfielder.
    My bad. I was thinking both were infielders.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    I fully believe she will do so. Do not mistake my observations for anything other than observations; I am certainly not criticizing the staff. If that was the impression I was giving, I apologize.
    VO, my comments weren't directed at anyone specific, just a statement of support. Fans need to sit back and let the new staff do their jobs. The roster is hardly a finished product at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    If there's a coach that we don't have to ever worry about not giving 110%, it's Habetz!

Just saw on Twitter(X) that the Pied Piper of NIL at TT has a good shot to sign Canady from Stanford…

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    If there's a coach that we don't have to ever worry about not giving 110%, it's Habetz!
    Ditto!!!

Question on Habetz hitting philosophy? Lotief was a small ball, move the players over type of coach. Glasco was a everyone hit the long ball, bomb away type of coach. So where does Alyson fit in?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post
    Ditto!!!

Question on Habetz hitting philosophy? Lotief was a small ball, move the players over type of coach. Glasco was a everyone hit the long ball, bomb away type of coach. So where does Alyson fit in?
    In what world was Loteif a small ball coach?

Ditto!!!

Say what you will about Lotief, he most certainly did not subscribe to small ball.

Not sure if she addressed it, but she comes across as someone who will have a roster full of players with the ability to handle the bat in multiple situations.

Just needs time…and money 😂

Ditto!!!

What???

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    Ditto!

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    Probably equating slap hitting to bunting

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    Probably equating slap hitting to bunting
    Even so, some of Lotief’s teams led the country in HRs

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information