Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Tyra Clary Inbound

Default Re: Tyra Clary Inbound

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    In what world was Loteif a small ball coach?
    He always had 3-4 slap hitters in the lineup with only one true homerun threat. Yes, others could hit home runs, but only one true hitter could do it on a regular basis. He did have a very aggressive hitting approach though. And he was and still is a very good teacher of his hitting style.

But he and Glasco had completely different approaches when it came to hitting. Not one of Glasco's hitters were a true slap hitter. Yes there were a couple on the team that could slap the ball through the infield, but that was not a philosophy Glasco used.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    Even so, some of Lotief’s teams led the country in HRs
    No, they didn't, but they did average 97 home runs per year under Michael Lotief. Their highest output was in 2015 when they hit 116 as a team. But again, that did not lead the country in HR's. And if you add the years he coached with Stefni, they averaged 75 home runs per season.

Ironically, the only time the Cajuns have led the country in HR's was in year 2024 under Glasco. As a team, they hit 70 homeruns. 60 for the regular season and 10 in post season. Go figure!

But I do stand corrected. As much games as I have seen and heard, about 99% since the Coach Yvette days, I would have never imagined that Coach Lotief had teams hitting that many home runs per year. I would have bet my last dollar they were in the 30-40 range every year. I just remember all the slap hitters getting on base all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by barisaxman View Post
    Just saw on Twitter(X) that the Pied Piper of NIL at TT has a good shot to sign Canady from Stanford…
    Affirmative. Money talks.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post
    He always had 3-4 slap hitters in the lineup with only one true homerun threat. Yes, others could hit home runs, but only one true hitter could do it on a regular basis. He did have a very aggressive hitting approach though. And he was and still is a very good teacher of his hitting style.

But he and Glasco had completely different approaches when it came to hitting. Not one of Glasco's hitters were a true slap hitter. Yes there were a couple on the team that could slap the ball through the infield, but that was not a philosophy Glasco used.
    He had slappers bc that was how softball was played at the time. Most teams across the country have moved away from them.

They basically played station to station ball, waiting for the HR. He was criticized a lot for the lack of small ball when it was needed.

Ironically, the only time the Cajuns have led the country in HR's was in year 2024 under Glasco. As a team, they hit 70 homeruns. 60 for the regular season and 10 in post season. Go figure!

Actually, the Cajuns did not lead the nation in home runs in 2024, not even close. Miami (Ohio) hit 160 regular season home runs in 2024. There were quite a few teams that hit more home runs than the Cajuns.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    In what world was Loteif a small ball coach?
    His 1, 2, 8, 9 hitters for the most part were small ball slappers. His 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, hitters for the most part smashed. He had the best of both worlds.

No, they didn't, but they did average 97 home runs per year under Michael Lotief. Their highest output was in 2015 when they hit 116 as a team. But again, that did not lead the country in HR's. And if you add the years he coached with Stefni, they averaged 75 home runs per season.

But I do stand corrected. As much games as I have seen and heard, about 99% since the Coach Yvette days, I would have never imagined that Coach Lotief had teams hitting that many home runs per year. I would have bet my last dollar they were in the 30-40 range every year. I just remember all the slap hitters getting on base all the time.
    The Cajuns never led the country in homeruns under Glasco.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    The Cajuns never led the country in homeruns under Glasco.
    I stand corrected.

I stand corrected.
    All good my friend.

Not one of Glasco's hitters were a true slap hitter. Yes there were a couple on the team that could slap the ball through the infield, but that was not a philosophy Glasco used.
    One exception, and I believe she was around only for his second season with the Cajuns…Keeli Milligan.

But seems we never got another one like her in the lineup afterwards.

11. Default Re: Tyra Clary Inbound

His 1, 2, 8, 9 hitters for the most part were small ball slappers. His 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, hitters for the most part smashed. He had the best of both worlds.
    This. I have talked hitting philosophy with Mike many times over the years. He was a proponent having speed at the top and bottom of the lineup. He wanted his slappers to get on and have his power hitters get the rbi's. With that being said, if forced to make a choice, he would take a power hitter over a slapper any day, all day.

Edit. In regards to slappers, Mike preferred a "power" slapper in the mold of Karli Hubbard more so that a true slapper in the mold of Vallie Gaspard.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    One exception, and I believe she was around only for his second season with the Cajuns…Keeli Milligan.

But seems we never got another one like her in the lineup afterwards.
    You forgot about Ms Davis?

Quote Originally Posted by SportyCajun459 View Post
    This. I have talked hitting philosophy with Mike many times over the years. He was a proponent having speed at the top and bottom of the lineup. He wanted his slappers to get on and have his power hitters get the rbi's. With that being said, if forced to make a choice, he would take a power hitter over a slapper any day, all day.

Edit. In regards to slappers, Mike preferred a "power" slapper in the mold of Karli Hubbard more so that a true slapper in the mold of Vallie Gaspard.
    Hey I know Vallie very well.

14. Default Re: Tyra Clary Inbound

Quote Originally Posted by cajunref View Post
    Affirmative. Money talks.
    It's confirmed--she announced on her social media to TT. It's being reported that
    she's getting paid $1.2M from the "Matador Collective".

You forgot about Ms Davis?
    Apparently. I don’t have the memory for all the players and stuff. I remembered Milligan because my daughter liked her at the time and chose to wear #4.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information